PDA

View Full Version : Losman Out from 4 To 6 Weeks!?!?!

raphael120
09-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Levy said Losman will not play Sunday against the New York Jets. Rookie Trent Edwards, who relieved Losman against New England, will get the start. Levy estimated Losman would be out four to six weeks. That would put Losman on track to be back before the Bills host the Patriots Nov. 18.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/09/28/wilfork_hit_with_12500_fine_by_nfl/?page=2

Wow....I thought they said he was going to be good to go by Week 5...is this a plot to keep Edwards in permanently???

Mitchy moo
09-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Edwards will not leave the starters box.

TacklingDummy
09-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Losman will be back for the easy part of the Bills schedule. Woohoo

RedEyE
09-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Depending on how well Edwards adapts and adjusts, Losman might have seen his last game starting for the Bills. He's been too hot/cold to just reinsert if Edwards proves reliable on the field.

TacklingDummy
09-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Depending on how well Edwards adapts and adjusts, this might be Losman might have seen his last game starting for the Bills. He's been too hot/cold to just reinsert if Edwards proves reliable on the field.

Maybe Edwards will blow the next 2 weeks and then they start Nall for the next 4 games and he shines. Then what do they do?

raphael120
09-28-2007, 03:31 PM
If what Marv says is true, then I think it's pretty damn safe to say that JP is done as a starter for the buffalo bills...unless Edwards plays just outright horrible.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2007, 03:37 PM
4-6 weeks? No way. I actually think Levy is starting to lose it. He has that grandfather disease where you say **** because you can.

Wally The Barber
09-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Its the $12,000 injury!:cgal:

camelcowboy
09-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Maybe Edwards will blow the next 2 weeks and then they start Nall for the next 4 games and he shines. Then what do they do? At that point we'll have the number one pick, and will be discussing going with yet another young qb. These years of struggles and medicority just make me respect how lucky we were to have jimbo

Jan Reimers
09-28-2007, 04:24 PM
When did a two week injury turn into 4-6, particularly when JP was allegedly coming along so well?

I'd like a little more info.

raphael120
09-28-2007, 04:28 PM
When did a two week injury turn into 4-6, particularly when JP was allegedly coming along so well?

I'd like a little more info.

What? You don't "Trust In Marv"? :rockout:

SABURZFAN
09-28-2007, 04:51 PM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/09/28/wilfork_hit_with_12500_fine_by_nfl/?page=2

Wow....I thought they said he was going to be good to go by Week 5...is this a plot to keep Edwards in permanently???

don't give the Lickers any ideas.

SABURZFAN
09-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Losman will be back for the easy part of the Bills schedule. Woohoo

i hope Edwards has us on a 4-5 game winning streak or something.

Mitchy moo
09-28-2007, 04:56 PM
i hope Edwards has us on a 4-5 game winning streak or something.

Oh that would be awesome!!:bow:

JJamezz
09-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Wow... the plot thickens..

Well, either Marv, Dick & Co. are the worst actors (or liars, depending on your perspective) on earth, or they just never seem to know WTF they're talking about.. Originally it was two weeks, a few days later strongly insinuating just ONE week..

SABURZFAN
09-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh that would be awesome!!:bow:

i'm not holding my breath though.Edwards is going to look like a rookie and the defense will continue to look like swiss cheese.

SABURZFAN
09-28-2007, 05:07 PM

Well, either Marv, Dick & Co. are the worst actors (or liars, depending on your perspective) on earth, or they just never seem to know WTF they're talking about.. Originally it was two weeks, a few days later strongly insinuating just ONE week..

before you know it,it'll be Ralph Wilson's idea to have doctors put him out longer than originally expected.the reason being is that the Bills don't want to pay Losman so our slumlord of an owner can pocket the money.

oops.....did i say that?sssshhhhhhhhh......... :couch: :ontome:

justasportsfan
09-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Maybe Edwards will blow the next 2 weeks and then they start Nall for the next 4 games and he shines. Then what do they do?
will you count this injury as part of his being injury prone?

Dont drink the water
09-28-2007, 05:54 PM

Or just a conspiracy theory you dreamed up? Later more likely.

TacklingDummy
09-28-2007, 05:57 PM
will you count this injury as part of his being injury prone?

hmm, good point. :up:

djjimkelly
09-28-2007, 06:09 PM
why are we getting this news from a boston paper nopt a bills paper or anyone directly from buffalo bills why isnt the time estimation have a real marv quote to it.

im not saying its not fact but the source for this is weak.

heres to this not being true so we dont go 0-16

Slim
09-28-2007, 06:26 PM
:rofl: just in time to play new england agian. Just he what he wants to do im sure.

JJamezz
09-28-2007, 06:30 PM
:rofl: just in time to play new england agian. Just he what he wants to do im sure.

Sure makes the conspiracy theory more believable.. LOL...

:jk:

Mahdi
09-28-2007, 06:39 PM
This wreaks of conspiracy. Marv is definitely the one behind the grassy knoll on this one. I think this is to give Edwards the opportunity to get a fair shot without the pressure of JPs return imminent. He now knows he has 4-5 weeks to get comfortable and show what he can do. If Edwards performs, then we have seen the last of JP in Buffalo. Personally, I just want the best for the team whether its JP or Edwards. I just hope Edwards can stretch the field as well as he throws the short stuff.

Dont drink the water
09-28-2007, 06:54 PM

Maybe he can be the designated QB for Patriot games?
Saves wear and tear on other QBs.

acehole
09-28-2007, 06:59 PM
I think it is safe to say they know they are cooked for this season. They are now in what do we have here mode. If they Keep JP out and Edwards does "OK" it is more leverage in a contract year for JP. If they like what they see... they will pull the plug and let JP start....run out his contract and sign/extend Edwards while he is still cheap and hasnt proved anything really yet. It is a mater of timing. They will see how next offseason goes...before deciding. If we are closer and have a playoff quality team JP is your guy....if they need 2-3 more year Edwards is your guy...

mybills
09-29-2007, 07:07 AM
"I don't think there's an apology needed," Losman said. "I'm not looking for an apology. At this point, the damage is done. An apology will do nothing at this point. I'm fortunate that it wasn't as serious as I thought initially."

No way will it be 4-5 weeks.

jamze132
09-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Losman was never Dick and Marv's boy. They adopted him from an idiot. Since they gave birth to their new kid, Edwards, they have been looking for an excuse to kick the bastard child to the curb. This is the opportunity to see if their wonderkin can run the team like they want.

G. Host
09-29-2007, 09:41 AM
I thought Nall was the bastard child and Losman was the child from a failed marriage.

bills_7
09-29-2007, 09:41 PM
NaLL BaLL will come in by monday nite

churchinski
09-29-2007, 09:44 PM

Wow....I thought they said he was going to be good to go by Week 5...is this a plot to keep Edwards in permanently???this is just the news i was hoping for

this will give Edwards a little time to get his feet under him

Mitchy moo
09-29-2007, 11:28 PM
this is just the news i was hoping for

this will give Edwards a little time to get his feet under him

I hope the Bills get their feet as well.

HHURRICANE
09-30-2007, 08:38 AM
"I don't think there's an apology needed," Losman said. "I'm not looking for an apology. At this point, the damage is done. An apology will do nothing at this point. I'm fortunate that it wasn't as serious as I thought initially."

No way will it be 4-5 weeks.

JP is talking about the front office.

Kerr
09-30-2007, 09:59 AM
Sad, but true. Sad for JP that is. He's just a victim of circumstance. He hadn't entirely played himself out of a starting job. This wouldn't be the first time a starter loses his job to injury and never got it back. See Drew Bledsoe. This is TE's job to lose. If Fairchild helps just a little, Edwards will probably fair well in the offense.

mybills
09-30-2007, 10:05 AM
JP is talking about the front office.
:rofl: :ill:

kinigirly
09-30-2007, 05:16 PM
after hearing marv said this it just doesn't sit right. i'm finally assured that fairchild and marv never liked jp. after seeing the playbook open up, and the protection so much better for trent, i think fairchild absolutely had zero trust in jp in the pocket. the second edwards is in he calls a completely opposite game. i think what would be best for the team and jp is for jp to start on a different team. i think he was set up for failure here unfortunately. as a bills fan i want to see them win, so if edwards fits fairchild and marv's game plan then cool. but i'm also a jp fan so i'd like to see him somewhere else that will cater to his strengths.

Mad Bomber
09-30-2007, 05:41 PM

Dick is either a liar or a genius (I tend to think the former)...

He said he was going to dumb down the offense for TE this week.

What did we see? More creativity than we've seen all year. TE was able to execute it.