X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

one thing on our qb debacle

i could get behind someone different at qb then JP i truly could only if it was someone with true promise.

i cant predict whether edwards will be good or not. but i will tell u this, this league is built on 1st round qbs, sure we have the brady story to warm all our hearts the bottom line is 1st round qbs are the winners in this league. BRADY IS THE EXCEPTION and i dont want to hear someone point out romo he hasnt won ****. 1st round qbs win super bowls the odd 2nd rounder not anything beyond with the exception of brady
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Re: one thing on our qb debacle

Does it matter that Trent was graded by most draft "experts" as a 1st rounder?

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

Not to me. "Experts" is another way of saying "Professionall Guessers".

Oh and didn't some some UDFA named Kurt Warner lead a team to Superbowl?

Comment

• joekurtz
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by djjimkelly
        i could get behind someone different at qb then JP i truly could only if it was someone with true promise.

i cant predict whether edwards will be good or not. but i will tell u this, this league is built on 1st round qbs, sure we have the brady story to warm all our hearts the bottom line is 1st round qbs are the winners in this league. BRADY IS THE EXCEPTION and i dont want to hear someone point out romo he hasnt won ****. 1st round qbs win super bowls the odd 2nd rounder not anything beyond with the exception of brady

Oh, you mean all the "can't miss" first round QB picks that have torn up the league over the past decade or so enroute to the HOF like Heath Shuler, Rick Mirer, Akili Smith, Tim Couch, David Carr & Ryan Leaf ( to just name a few ... )?
        I LIVE IN THE WEAK & THE WOUNDED

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

Favre 2nd
          Montana 3rd
          Gannon 4th
          Bulger 6th
          Hasselbeck 6th
          Brad Johnson 9th
          Warner undrafted
          Delhomme undrafted
          Romo undrafted

Not to mention all of the many first-round busts
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Throne Logic
            Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
            • Aug 2002

It's a common misconception, DJJ, don't let it get to you. Drafting players in the first round is extremely overrated - especially the top 10.

The success stories are easily recalled because those players are out there making highlights week after week. The failures often slip quietly into oblivion. The super failures, like Ryan Leaf, are relatively rare.

Look at the Patriots and Colts. They have both built sustained success through the lower rounds of the draft.

Conversely, look at the Lions and Cardinals who draft top 10 every year.

For every superstar QB taken in the first round, there are twice as many mediocre to bad QB's taken in that same round.

The league is not built around first round QB's, it is built on the superstars. Some happen to be former first round picks, but many are not.
            Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• djjimkelly
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
              Favre 2nd
              Montana 3rd
              Gannon 4th
              Bulger 6th
              Hasselbeck 6th
              Brad Johnson 9th
              Warner undrafted
              Delhomme undrafted
              Romo undrafted

ok montana/brady won a bowls brad johnson managed a team to a bowl,warner was a 1 year wonder( id take it once) the rest havent won **** 1st round qbs win the BOWL there are 4 exceptions in a 40 year history and favre falls into the odd 2nd rounder

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

this league is built on 1st round qbs, sure we have the brady story to warm all our hearts the bottom line is 1st round qbs are the winners in this league. BRADY IS THE EXCEPTION and i dont want to hear someone point out romo he hasnt won ****. 1st round qbs win super bowls the odd 2nd rounder not anything beyond with the exception of brady

i disagree.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                  Favre 2nd
                  Montana 3rd
                  Gannon 4th
                  Bulger 6th
                  Hasselbeck 6th
                  Brad Johnson 9th
                  Warner undrafted
                  Delhomme undrafted
                  Romo undrafted

he's one who got behind a 1st round bust.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• acehole
                    • Jan 2006

tHERE IS NOT A QB DEBACLE ....CONTROVERSY OR CONFUSION. JPL IS OUR STARTER WHO GOT HURT AND WILL BE STARTING WHEN HE IS HEALED. HE IS THE BEST QB ON THIS ROSTER.T EDWARDS IS ANOTHER GOOD QB WE JUST DRAFTED. CALL HIM INSURANCE...THE FUTURE...A GROOM...WHATEVER GLAD TO HAVE TALENT AT ANY position on this team. If they pull JP for T Edwards it will just mask the real problem...and scapegoat/ruin another decent qb in this town...

Hated by the stupid..
                    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by acehole
                      tHERE IS NOT A QB DEBACLE ....CONTROVERSY OR CONFUSION. JPL IS OUR STARTER WHO GOT HURT AND WILL BE STARTING WHEN HE IS HEALED. HE IS THE BEST QB ON THIS ROSTER.T EDWARDS IS ANOTHER GOOD QB WE JUST DRAFTED. CALL HIM INSURANCE...THE FUTURE...A GROOM...WHATEVER GLAD TO HAVE TALENT AT ANY position on this team. If they pull JP for T Edwards it will just mask the real problem...and scapegoat/ruin another decent qb in this town...

ACE IM A HUGE LOSMAN FAN THERE IS NO WAY HE SHOULD BE RUN OUT OF TOWN THERE SHOULDNT BE ANY ISSUE OF HIM BEING UNQUESTIONED STARTER IM JUST GETTING SICK OF HOW MANAGEMENT IS HANDLING THE QB POSITION

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

ok montana/brady won a bowls brad johnson managed a team to a bowl,warner was a 1 year wonder( id take it once) the rest havent won **** 1st round qbs win the BOWL there are 4 exceptions in a 40 year history and favre falls into the odd 2nd rounder
                        They're all good quarterbacks. I hope Edwards becomes as good as any one of them. Downplaying a third-round QB because first-round QBs win the SB (overwhelmingly, most don't) is a really stupid point. Between Montana, Brady, Favre, Warner and Johnson, that's 10 SB wins, and I know there are more, not to mention QBs who got there (like Gannon, Hasselbeck and Delhomme).

There are enough "exceptions" to make the "rule" nonexistant.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Don't forget Hostetler and Rypien.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• churchinski
                            Senior Zoner
                            • Sep 2007

did you ever hear of joe montana

Comment

• churchinski
                              Senior Zoner
                              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by acehole
                              I wouldn't bet money on any of this stuff you wrote here

Comment

Working...
                              X