Which Is More Frustrating: Playcalling or Execution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Which Is More Frustrating: Playcalling or Execution?

Is it the running on 3rd and 8, the running 7 yard routes when it's 3rd and 15, the running down of the clock when 1:13 is on the clock before halftime...

Or is it the Lee Evans drops is the end zone, the JP overthrowing the reciever, the Oline making Lynch do all the work, or the inability for our recievers to get open...

I'd say for me, it's the playcalling. We don't even allow ourselves to **** up half the time, I'd rather attempt the plays that don't just get us 5 yards on 3rd and 8 but the ones that give us a chance to win. Right now, our playcalling give us very little opportunity to win any games. I don't care if we don't execute half the time as long as we're ****in TRYING!

Thoughts?
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Which Is More Frustrating: Playcalling or Execution?

If JP came through on a few more of his throws we'd have at least one win.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

the most frustrating thing is the injuries.our LB corp has been completely depleted and the OL will be the same way if we get hit there.

as for playcalling and execution,it's been equally painful to watch.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I'd say playcalling because even when the plays are executed properly, the playcalling is so bad that it negates it.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• raphael120
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
          If JP came through on a few more of his throws we'd have at least one win.
          In the Denver game, sure...but the Steelers...nuh uh.

Comment

• raphael120
            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
            I'd say playcalling because even when the plays are executed properly, the playcalling is so bad that it negates it.
            Right, at least if the playcalling was better it would give us more of a chance to win. 4 catches for Lee Evans over 3 games is just unacceptable.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

It's definitely the playcalling.

Comment

• Bling
                • Jul 2004

If you can't execute easy ****, you shouldn't be doing hard ****. Therefore, execution.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by raphael120
                  In the Denver game, sure...but the Steelers...nuh uh.
                  I said 1 win for that reason.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                    • Feb 2005

If all you do is vanilla... The D can stop it every time.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by draz54
                      If all you do is vanilla... The D can stop it every time.
                      Excellent post!

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

From a coaches prespective:
                        It's about playing what the defense gives you. If it's 3rd and 8 and the CBs are lining 10 yards off the line, a 7 yard pass isn't necessarily a bad thing. A quick 7 yard out, or a comeback route can disrupt the flow of the corners pursuit forcing a mistackle.

However, in a 2 TE set with 1:13 left to play you leave little to the imagination of the defense and they'll give you the remainder of play. I would prefer to see a shotgun set, sending the X receiver in a 5-8 yard slant, the Y receiver (or the TE) on the opposite side of the field mirroring the X receiver, but to the opposite side, and the Z receiver I'd have streak, comeback or post in an attempt to lure the safety out of postion. The hot route in this scenerio would be the TE. Especially if the QB reads a blitz from any of the LBs. If the LBs stay home the secondary route is your X receiver. by sending the X and Y receivers in a cross pattern you have a better chance of shaking a receiver open. Being that your X receiver is generally your best receiver, the defense will always levitate to him first. Especially if he's had a decent game.

Execution:

If receivers are failing to read the biltz, the QB is off mark all day and your TEs hands have been less then heroic, then reverting back to the primary routes in order to just build momentum and continuity isn't a bad thing.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
                          From a coaches prespective:
                          It's about playing what the defense gives you. If it's 3rd and 8 and the CBs are lining 10 yards off the line, a 7 yard pass isn't necessarily a bad thing. A quick 7 yard out, or a comeback route can disrupt the flow of the corners pursuit forcing a mistackle.

However, in a 2 TE set with 1:13 left to play you leave little to the imagination of the defense and they'll give you the remainder of play. I would prefer to see a shotgun set, sending the X receiver in a 5-8 yard slant, the Y receiver (or the TE) on the opposite side of the field mirroring the X receiver, but to the opposite side, and the Z receiver I'd have streak, comeback or post in an attempt to lure the safety out of postion. The hot route in this scenerio would be the TE. Especially if the QB reads a blitz from any of the LBs. If the LBs stay home the secondary route is your X receiver. by sending the X and Y receivers in a cross pattern you have a better chance of shaking a receiver open. Being that your X receiver is generally your best receiver, the defense will always levitate to him first. Especially if he's had a decent game.

Execution:

If receivers are failing to read the biltz, the QB is off mark all day and your TEs hands have been less then heroic, then reverting back to the primary routes in order to just build momentum and continuity isn't a bad thing.
                          true.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Bling
                            If you can't execute easy ****, you shouldn't be doing hard ****. Therefore, execution.

JP was completing 64% of his passes before the injury prob is we are running more wr screens and 5 yard curls then anyone in the league. and if by some chance its not one of those to types of passes we are trying a bomb which is as low % as possible

Comment

• MTBillsFan
                              • May 2003

I'm all for the execution of the team!

j/k
                              Send me some wings!

Comment

Working...
                              X