PDA

View Full Version : The Patriots and Moss....

OpIv37
09-29-2007, 12:46 PM
You know, I keep hearing about how great the Patriots are dealing with the Randy Moss situation, but I think the credit Bellicheck and the team is getting is blown way out of proportion.

Why? Because they're doing something Minnesota and Oakland didn't do: WINNING. Even the loudmouths tend to keep them shut when they're losing. Somehow, I doubt we'd be hearing about how great the Moss situation is if NE was 1-2.

Same goes for McGahee in Baltimore- they're 2-1. But if Baltimore struggles and the chips are down. McGahee's going to return to his ballerina backfield movies and end up with 30 yard days like he did in Buffalo.

Winning cures all and I'm sick of the Pats getting undeserved credit yet again.

Mitchy moo
09-29-2007, 12:51 PM
It pains me to give credit to them, I'd rather have a tooth drill running through my enamel.

This regular season is 18.75% done, let's hope they fall down during the other 81.25%.

OpIv37
09-29-2007, 12:53 PM
It pains me to give credit to them, I'd rather have a tooth drill running through my enamel.

This regular season is 18.75% done, let's hope they fall down during the other 81.25%.

I've been hoping for that for 5 seasons and so far it hasn't happened. NE is a long way from collapse. If Bellicheck retires, it may speed up the process, but for the moment it doesn't look good.

Mad Bomber
09-29-2007, 12:55 PM
You know, I keep hearing about how great the Patriots are dealing with the Randy Moss situation, but I think the credit Bellicheck and the team is getting is blown way out of proportion.

Why? Because they're doing something Minnesota and Oakland didn't do: WINNING. Even the loudmouths tend to keep them shut when they're losing. Somehow, I doubt we'd be hearing about how great the Moss situation is if NE was 1-2.

Same goes for McGahee in Baltimore- they're 2-1. But if Baltimore struggles and the chips are down. McGahee's going to return to his ballerina backfield movies and end up with 30 yard days like he did in Buffalo.

Winning cures all and I'm sick of the Pats getting undeserved credit yet again.
I agree totlly, Bryan, and it makes me want to :puke:

This belongs in the NFL zone....

Lexwhat
09-29-2007, 12:56 PM
I respectfully disagree. Many people on here thought Moss's career was finished in Oakland. I disagreed then and I certainly still disagree now. IMO, Brady has never had a WR as skilled as Moss - and now look what he's doing. Moss barely even played in the preseason!

The guy has 403 yards in THREE GAMES. Not to mention, 5 TDs. And this coming from a QB who likes to "spread the ball around."

IMO, even if the Pats were losing, no one would question how good the Moss-Brady combination has been so far this season.

Mitchy moo
I've been hoping for that for 5 seasons and so far it hasn't happened. NE is a long way from collapse. If Bellicheck retires, it may speed up the process, but for the moment it doesn't look good.

I'm more worried about our bad fortune vs their good fortune. That whole cheating crew can get f-ed.

LtFinFan66
NFL Zone Op.....NFL ZONE!!

Lexwhat
09-29-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm sorry OP, I read your post wrong. I actually agree with you. All credit goes to Moss. I am also sick of hearing about how good their coaching staff is "handling" it.

OpIv37
09-29-2007, 02:37 PM
I respectfully disagree. Many people on here thought Moss's career was finished in Oakland. I disagreed then and I certainly still disagree now. IMO, Brady has never had a WR as skilled as Moss - and now look what he's doing. Moss barely even played in the preseason!

The guy has 403 yards in THREE GAMES. Not to mention, 5 TDs. And this coming from a QB who likes to "spread the ball around."

IMO, even if the Pats were losing, no one would question how good the Moss-Brady combination has been so far this season.

but you missed the point- I was talking about how they weathered his attitude. If the Pats were losing, Moss would be his usual locker room distraction and it would eventually manifest himself on the field.

All the Pats did to handle Moss was win, and they've been doing that for the entire decade anyway :puke:.

OpIv37
09-29-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm sorry OP, I read your post wrong. I actually agree with you. All credit goes to Moss. I am also sick of hearing about how good their coaching staff is "handling" it.

ignore my last post then- I responded before I read the entire thread.

mybills
09-29-2007, 03:59 PM
**** them and the muskets on their walls.
I will never give them credit...cash only.