X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

COVER 2 D only suitable for high scoring offense

i was thinking today about this and once again there is an exception to anything.

BUT

colts work well with cover 2 becuz they normally winning big so they afford to drop everyone back and force teams to nickel and dime.

last year the bears hit alot of bombs to go up early add in the nfc sucked last year the D principle with a decently high scoring O in spite of rex worked.

cover 2 D as a basis for a team like ours is laughable. we dont have enough talent on D especially since all the injurys to play this style.

ADD in that we dont have an offense who is getting 2 and 3 score leads to allow the D to sit back in cover 2.

WE ARE A SERIOUS RECIPE FOR DISASTER........

none the less go bills and if we must not be good lets be real bad so we can have a change in coaches scheme everything. in fact draft so high we cant pass on a brian brohm type.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: COVER 2 D only suitable for high scoring offense

The Cover 2 is only half a defense.

I want a defense that can do well on its own without relying on anything else.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I've been saying this all off-season. Be ready for a bunch of comparisons to teams like the Bears that have talent far superior to what we have.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• raphael120
        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
        I've been saying this all off-season. Be ready for a bunch of comparisons to teams like the Bears that have talent far superior to what we have.
        The Bears offense this year shows you can have the best talent on D in the world, and they will fall apart much like the Bears D is doin now, if you don't have an offense to compliment it.

Right now, we don't have either.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

The Bears also have most of their Pro Bowlers injured
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• bills_7
            TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
            • Mar 2004

why cant we play cover 2 and man to man.. like switch it up a bit lol

like i hate to say it but MM is looking btr at this point,, i miss greg too

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by djjimkelly
              i was thinking today about this and once again there is an exception to anything.

BUT

colts work well with cover 2 becuz they normally winning big so they afford to drop everyone back and force teams to nickel and dime.

last year the bears hit alot of bombs to go up early add in the nfc sucked last year the D principle with a decently high scoring O in spite of rex worked.

cover 2 D as a basis for a team like ours is laughable. we dont have enough talent on D especially since all the injurys to play this style.

ADD in that we dont have an offense who is getting 2 and 3 score leads to allow the D to sit back in cover 2.

WE ARE A SERIOUS RECIPE FOR DISASTER........

none the less go bills and if we must not be good lets be real bad so we can have a change in coaches scheme everything. in fact draft so high we cant pass on a brian brohm type.
              The bears also had the second easiest schedule in the league last year.
              To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

The Bears didn't have alot of tough games and will not get as many breaks this year.

Comment

Working...
                X