is anyone worried about signing TOO MANY free agents?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

is anyone worried about signing TOO MANY free agents?

it is tough to build a championship team.. but i cant remember a single case of a team buying the superbowl..

i can remember washington adding tons of people a few years back and finishing like 7-9..

i think we are right at the right amount at this point.. but i really dont want to see anymore turnover..

we have 5 new starters on defense..

posey / newman
    jones or mckenzie / ahanatu
    spikes / robinson
    reese (possibly) / preliou (screw his name)
    adams / edwards

on offense 2 new starters..

reed / price - i dont really count this because he was with the team, but still a change
    crosby / centers - not an issue to me
    moore was the starter half the year anyway.. so not counting it.

i just dont want to see us grab TOO many players..

draft from here.. and please spend some of this money to lock up our team for the next couple years.. so we can be a dynasty.. truely.. if this team was able to win the superbowl this year.. there is not reason we cant keep everyone and make a run for 3-4 years.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

I'm not worried at all as long as they come in here and can contribute in someway I'm all for signings! Go Bills!

Comment

• Schobel94
      The Sack Master
      • Jan 2003

This is a bit different. While teams like Washington and Baltimore tried to buy talent, all they really ended up doing is overpaying mediocre players. TD asseses what the player is worth, and doesn't pay a penny more, that's how you build a team. The guys we signed we didnt break the bank on, save Spikes, but he is a true impact player and is worth every nickle of his 34 mil contract. Wise spending will allow us to be annual contenders, and maybe we'll pick up a few SB's on the way.
      Last edited by Schobel94; 03-24-2003, 07:21 PM.
      Beware the sack master!

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

I don't think we bought a team. The one we paid a ton of $ was Spikes so far.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Schobel94
          TD asses ... the player

and i didnt mean to imply that we are "buying" our team..

i guess my concern was more about chemistry.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

and i didnt mean to imply that we are "buying" our team..

i guess my concern was more about chemistry.
            I worry if the coahing staff can build that chemistry as well. For the past two years the D usually started slow and picked up at the 2nd half of the season. That can't happen this year both TD and GW know this. GW has been given the right tools and if he can't make it work I'm sure TD will find one who can.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Schobel94
              The Sack Master
              • Jan 2003

I meant what I said, he is an ass to the players, uh, well, fine Ill edit it...
              Beware the sack master!

Comment

• gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

Washington hired mercenaries, the guys we have want to be here.
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                  Expert on Experts
                  • Jul 2002

Remember, we aren;t just playing for this year. That is a big difference between us a a team like Washington. These guys signed long term deals, so even if chemistry is a problem this year, it won't be next year when we have pretty much the same team. Unlike teams that buy players, TD has structured the signings so that we can keep all these guys long term. I see it as a completely different situation.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                    • Aug 2002

All of what's been said above PLUS:

Last year's Defense took a while to adjust, yes. It won't be as bad this year. There were a number of first-year starters last year. Fletcher took a bit to learn his position, but Middle LB is one of the toughest position to learn in this Defense.

Sam Adams just has to park his big 'ole butt in the middle. Spikes and Posey will be fine in run stopping, but may take a couple of games to get the hang of the cover schemes (I would expect a lot of short passes to TE's from our foes, at least early on in the season). Reese will take the longest to adjust, so I expect PP to start the season, regardless of who is more talented.

Finally, with a solid DL, the rest of the Defense will have a little more room in the margin-for-error category.

I think TD is pretty much done with the starter-quality signings at this point.
                    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

As long as everyone puts in a full effort in mini-camps and training camp, we should be OK once the season kicks off
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

I'm am definitly worried about establishing chemistry this season, but don't forget that most of the signings were multi year deals. With the addition of our young guys growing and developing with all of these strong, well established veterans, Buffalo may become a force for several years even if they don't make it this year.

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
                          The Stoner Zoner
                          • Feb 2003

I think GW should get 1 more year after this one to prove himself.
                          I really dont think bringing in a new coach will help us it might set us back.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

i feel that every move that TD made was made to make our team better.he didn't give anybody an outrageous contract that has us up in arms in here either.his drafts have been productive as well.he moved down in one draft to get draft picks.the only noticable draft pick we gave up was for bledsoe.as long as these players don't have the ME attitude,we should be in for a good year.we can only hope that they mesh with the team to return us to the elite status in the NFL.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                            X