X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

My halftime adjustments

Things look ok right now. I like the flow of the game for the Bills. The playcalling has been good, but the execution ever better. But there are some things I'd do different in the second half.

OFFENSE:
    --The run/pass balance has been good.....but when we run, we need to bang it between the tackles a little more. Not so much outside. The Jets defense is pretty fast, and when we've gone between the tackles we've moved it well and moved it forward, even after first contact.

--We need to throw a couple slants. The Jets defenders are playing against the deep ball and giving a 5-yard or so cushion. Edwards accuracy is great today. Hit a few slants as the WR is moving forward.

DEFENSE:
    --Our LBs need to play closer to the LOS and start taking away the run between the tackles. Pennington isn't going deep, and Jones has way too much room once he hits a cutback lane.

--Someone needs to start accounting for the RB out of the backfield. Usually it's the two LBs. If we don't blitz (which we haven't a lot), there's no reason for this when Pennington drops back. So, I don't know why the RB seems so open every time they look there.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
Working...
X