PDA

View Full Version : Wow.....So Edwards.....

Devin
09-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Is one of the top 5 passers in the league thus far with his first start ever......in his first season.......

I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

Mr. Cynical
09-30-2007, 02:22 PM
While I totally agree he looks good, remember....its the Jets. But wow, it is pretty nice to see a functional QB for a change. :)

Crisis
09-30-2007, 02:23 PM
I don't remember Losman EVER being this consistent.

Novacane
09-30-2007, 02:24 PM
I know the Jets blow but do you think JP woulda made that TD pass under pressure? Edwards is our new starter.

The King
09-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Look Wrs are open now too!

Nighthawk
09-30-2007, 02:51 PM
While I totally agree he looks good, remember....its the Jets. But wow, it is pretty nice to see a functional QB for a change. :)

Agreed. However, he just looks more like an NFL QB than JP has. I hope he can keep it going against tougher opponents.

Philagape
09-30-2007, 02:55 PM
He looked great. Very accurate, poised, and he spread the ball nicely.

Our receivers had an easy time against the Jets D. JP looked good against weak opponents too, so I'm not hailing a savior until Trent does it against a good team. But I'm very encouraged. If Trent does well on Monday night, there's no reason to go back to JP.

The Spaz
09-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Yeah tell me it was our receivers fault that JP sucked total dog nuts...

churchinski
09-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Is one of the top 5 passers in the league thus far with his first start ever......in his first season.......

I dont know whether to laugh or cry.for losman fans they should cry because it's over

YardRat
09-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Don't forget the tight ends. How many catches did they have today.

churchinski
09-30-2007, 03:01 PM
He looked great. Very accurate, poised, and he spread the ball nicely.

Our receivers had an easy time against the Jets D. JP looked good against weak opponents too, so I'm not hailing a savior until Trent does it against a good team. But I'm very encouraged. If Trent does well on Monday night, there's no reason to go back to JP.well a lot of people do not have an eye for distinguishing between good Qbs and failed Qbs

I do.

Losman is through as I said last week

The Spaz
09-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Don't forget the tight ends. How many catches did they have today.

Michael Gaines has been a pleasant surprise.

Philagape
09-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah tell me it was our receivers fault that JP sucked total dog nuts...

They weren't getting open before, that fact doesn't change. The Jets D blows, and we passed a lot more.

Patti120
09-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Should be interesting to see how he handles Dallas as that will be a tougher test. They are a good team this year. JP is probably a little nervous right now.

churchinski
09-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Don't forget the tight ends. How many catches did they have today.the only TE on this team who shows anything is Gaines and I didnt even know who he was until today

the rest of the bills TEs are useless

The Spaz
09-30-2007, 03:04 PM
They weren't getting open before, that fact doesn't change. The Jets D blows, and we passed a lot more.

I think Edwards put the ball where it's supposed to go.

Philagape
09-30-2007, 03:05 PM
I think Edwards put the ball where it's supposed to go.

I'm not disputing that. I'm talking about the receivers.

The Spaz
09-30-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm not disputing that. I'm talking about the receivers.

I really don't think they decided to flip the switch on today with a rookie QB in there. Either way I think a majority of it was JP.

Philagape
09-30-2007, 03:09 PM
I really don't think they decided to flip the switch on today with a rookie QB in there. Either way I think a majority of it was JP.

The Jets flipped the switch for us. They suck.

JD
well a lot of people do not have an eye for distinguishing between good Qbs and failed Qbs

I do.

Losman is through as I said last week
Church, please stop.
Honestly, nobody cares bro.. seriously.
:blowup:

shelby
i'm not a Losman fan, i am a Bills fan. i want this team to win football games.
If Edwards can get the job done, that's great.

SquishDaFish
09-30-2007, 03:14 PM
for losman fans they should cry because it's over

Im a fan of the Bills no individual player. If Edwards can look like this every week the hes the starter hands down. As long as we have our best players on the field and are playing to WIN every week im happy.

All fans should be a FAN of the TEAM not an individual player.

Jeff1220
09-30-2007, 03:19 PM
i'm not a Losman fan, i am a Bills fan. i want this team to win football games.
If Edwards can get the job done, that's great.

I'm with you there Shelby. All I want is to see this team play well. However gets it done is alright by me. If this works out the way eveyone is saying, though, it sucks that I bought my 7 year old a Losman jersey for his birthday in June.

Captain gameboy
09-30-2007, 03:28 PM
The Jets flipped the switch for us. They suck.

Come on Phil. I like JP as well, but this kid looked fabulous.

Look at those throws. Small tight spirals to usually well covered guys.

Compare him to Pennington today.

In the second quarter, with the Jets driving, Pennington throws an out to an open guy. If the pass is complete, the Jets prolly score.

Penny throws an incomplete floater.

Here's the point....
Here's what I saw today.

Our guy makes that play.

This kid is laser accurate. Losman is not, at least in the short game.

The pick was perfectly thrown and Evans didn't do what he is paid to do, and what we have come to expect.

I think this kid looked absolutely tremendous.

Can he run?
I'd like to know...'cause if he can, this problem is solved.

Pace....tempo...good reads....accurate shorts resulting in positive plays resulting in makeable thirds and a game winning fourth...

What more do we need?

I am positively reborn.

Dicknoze69
09-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Just a reminder, but the Jets made the playoffs last year. Their record was probably inflated, but that's still a decent team.

HHURRICANE
09-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Losman is done. Sad the way it happened but Edwards looks like the real deal and as a Bills fan maybe he's saving the franchise.

TigerJ
09-30-2007, 04:20 PM
I like Trent, but I don't presume to know what the resuts of the game would have been with Losman. Losman had some decent games last season. I also don't know wht the future holds for the Bills as far as the QB position. If Losma is healthy, I expect he will play versus the Cowboys, but if not, and Edwards plays well, it will start to get harder for the Bills to start Losman once his knee has healed up.

JerseyBoofaloBills
09-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Dont forget, the O-Line's pass protection looked awesome..Edwards had alot of time in the pocket to make perfect passes..we looked really good all-around..Hope he can keep this up against tougher defenses.

TacklingDummy
09-30-2007, 04:30 PM
The Lickers theory before Losman was injuried

Jets= True test for Losman

The Jets now that Losman was hurt.

Jets= They suck.

The last buffalo fan
09-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Edwars, Losman, Pozlusy, DiGiogio, Youthboty, Greer, :gobills:

HHURRICANE
09-30-2007, 04:36 PM
I like Trent, but I don't presume to know what the resuts of the game would have been with Losman. Losman had some decent games last season. I also don't know wht the future holds for the Bills as far as the QB position. If Losma is healthy, I expect he will play versus the Cowboys, but if not, and Edwards plays well, it will start to get harder for the Bills to start Losman once his knee has healed up.

JP could be 100% and I guarantee he won't be starting against Dallas. No way.

Crisis
09-30-2007, 04:38 PM
How about the 1st day of this draft class?

Lynch, Pos, Edwards.

Obviously the Pos injury hurts it a little this year but those 3 should be the core of this team.