PDA

View Full Version : Fin need to start Beck NOW!!

LtFinFan66
09-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Green is making rookie throws of his back foot into the middle of the field and taking sacks that he shouldn't. Might as well let the rookie make the mistakes. It is clear Ronnie Brown is the only player on this team coming to play

!Papacrunk!
09-30-2007, 03:52 PM
too early, IMO. If anybody put Lemon in there. We've been jinxed at QB for so long we don't need to scar Beck, lol. Unless you mean put Beck in to stop the run, because it seems like the D needs all of the help they can get.

I agree about Brown--he's starting to have one hell of a season.

The other sad thing is that the Phins have yet to play any real tough teams outside of Dallas.

YardRat
09-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Although I like Beck, I have to agree with PC on this one. If you're going to pull Green, put Lemon in for right now and plan on Beck getting his time later in the year.

LtFinFan66
09-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Why?? Edwards seemed to do fine when thrown in the fire??

YardRat
09-30-2007, 04:04 PM
We had no other option. IMO, what would be best for your team right now would be to go with the guy that has some experience.

If Buffalo would've kept three QB's to start the year, I would say the same thing and put the vet in ahead of Edwards.

LtFinFan66
09-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Why not Nall then

YardRat
09-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Because the decision was made at the beginning of the season who the clear-cut #2 was going to be. Edwards.

I'm not saying Beck shouldn't see the field...I'd just go with Lemon at this point and work Beck in later.

chernobylwraiths
09-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Why?? Edwards seemed to do fine when thrown in the fire??

You really don't want to do that man. Let your team suck and try again next year. You already have a foot up on us in the first pick sweepstakes.

Static
10-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Yeah i see no reason to sacrifice Beck just for the sake of change.....this season is a wash just let green take the hits and hopefully the O-line puts it together next year.

DraftBoy
10-01-2007, 07:43 AM
I agree with YR completely, Edwards having 1 good game doesnt mean anything about his long term development. Personally I didnt think putting him in there till week 10 was smart. Beck should be a good QB for you guys but he comes from an unconvential system and conference at BYU and will need time to adjust to the pro game.

Mad Bomber
10-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Why not Nall then
Because he sucks.