PDA

View Full Version : Jauron: "Nobody's job is secure"

Philagape
09-30-2007, 05:00 PM
From the AP story:

“I’ve always said, nobody’s job is secure,” Jauron said, when asked whether Losman will get his job back once he returns from a sprained knee. “From week to week, we play whoever we think is the best guy. So we’ll see where it goes.”

If Trent looks good next week, that's it.

HHURRICANE
09-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Told ya.

Turf
09-30-2007, 05:04 PM
I hope to God for the sake of this franchise that the coach can see what we all can. If not, we're in BIG trouble. Edwards will displace JP permanantly, especially if he has a good Monday night showing.
NE may have done us a favor.

Night Train
09-30-2007, 05:54 PM
I heard his post game on the radio while driving home. He did say that word for word. Murphy & Carrucci after on the post game said it's obvious Jauron is liking Edwards.

Captain gameboy
09-30-2007, 06:14 PM
I heard his post game on the radio while driving home. He did say that word for word. Murphy & Carrucci after on the post game said it's obvious Jauron is liking Edwards.

Watching Edwards play.
Watching him hit un-opened receiver after un-opened receiver with perfect short passes......
Watching him take a bit of pressure off of our best offensive threat since Thurman.

How could you not think the future of this offense is Marshawn and Edwards?

I like it.
I also realize how important Josh Reed is, compared to a wasted number 81.

JD
09-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Awesome post gameboy, couldnt agree more :posrep:

Edwards and Lynch are to the Bills as Vanek and Miller are to the Sabres.

Go get 'em Trent! Light up that field on national TV!!!!

chernobylwraiths
09-30-2007, 07:27 PM
I think JP will be back in within 3 games.

gr8slayer
09-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Awesome post gameboy, couldnt agree more :posrep:

Edwards and Lynch are to the Bills as Vanek and Miller are to the Sabres.

Go get 'em Trent! Light up that field on national TV!!!!
Wow, you should really stick to hockey.

No one's job should ever be secure when your team is 1-3, once people start getting comfortable they start getting cocky and making mistakes, there are obviously exceptions (LT, Manning, etc..... but not many.)

gr8slayer
09-30-2007, 07:29 PM
If Edwards can eek one out against a real team next week there's no way we can justify pulling him.

chernobylwraiths
09-30-2007, 07:32 PM
If Edwards can eek one out against a real team next week there's no way we can justify pulling him.

Regardless, I think he will.

Plus, if nobody's job is safe, I want to hire Marty Schottenheimer NOW!

Historian
09-30-2007, 07:34 PM
If Jauron goes back to Losman he will get lynched.

gr8slayer
09-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Regardless, I think he will.

Plus, if nobody's job is safe, I want to hire Marty Schottenheimer NOW!
I think San Diego wants to as well :up:

Mr. Pink
09-30-2007, 07:37 PM
I've always been a firm believer that a starter should never lose his job to injury but it's gonna be tough to justify taking Trent out if he plays well against the Boys and beyond, depending on how long it takes for Losman to heal up.

Ebenezer
09-30-2007, 07:51 PM

only if Edwards craps out in those 3 games.

Ebenezer
09-30-2007, 07:52 PM
If Jauron goes back to Losman he will get lynched.
if RW has anything to do with it JP is done. No way he will want to hand out a huge contract to JP if TE can do just as well, if not better.

gr8slayer
09-30-2007, 07:53 PM
only if Edwards craps out in those 3 games.
I think that would be the worst thing that could happen for this team. We need to get an identity, whether it's Edwards or Losman someone has to step it up and be the guy we can lean on when things aren't going so well. To this point I'm not comfortable with either of them.

TacklingDummy
09-30-2007, 07:59 PM
if RW has anything to do with it JP is done. No way he will want to hand out a huge contract to JP if TE can do just as well, if not better.

Why would JP get a huge contract from anyone?

TacklingDummy
09-30-2007, 08:02 PM

How come many of the Lickers considered the Jets the true test for Losman?

Ebenezer
09-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Why would JP get a huge contract from anyone?
this year was an audition year for JP. If he did well then they would have to lock him up before he entered his final year. To do that RW would have had to spend a huge amount on a signing bonus because it is the going rate. JP has looked terrible. RW is better off if he doesn't see the field again and get a chance at a huge contract.

gr8slayer
09-30-2007, 08:06 PM
I wasn't aware of any of that. Perhaps you can refresh my memory?

Michael82
09-30-2007, 08:27 PM
me too.

Ickybaluky
09-30-2007, 08:39 PM
I watched him today, and IMO Edwards is a better QB than Losman. Losman has the big arm, but he doesn't handle a team like you would expect. He is streaky and doesnt' do well when teams take his first option away. Losman gives up on plays too quickly.

Edwards has very good poise for a rookie and is accurate. He goes through his progressions and gets rid of the ball, giving a chance for the play to develop. Those are the most important characteristics for a NFL QB.

Edwards still is just a rookie, but he has a chance to develop into something good. He should play and be allowed to gain experience.

Losman isn't terrible, but he is in his 4th season and is what he is at this point. He is athletic and has a good arm. He can throw the ball downfield, but lacks the consistency you want in your starter. Losman has considerably more playing time than Edwards, but Edwards is the one who appears more calm under pressure.

Go with Edwards and start developing him now. Losman will play well at times, but at the end of the day he is just another Jeff Blake.

chernobylwraiths
09-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Jeff Blake had a lot more success than JP.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
09-30-2007, 10:51 PM
I can't wait to see Edwards get intercepted 5 times against the Cowboys then we'll all see how good Edwards really is.

Mahdi
10-01-2007, 07:36 AM
me too.
Not that I agree or disagree because I think its dependant on a how Trent plays over the next couple of weeks, but, what makes you think that?

Wraith
10-01-2007, 07:44 AM
I can't wait to see Edwards get intercepted 5 times against the Cowboys then we'll all see how good Edwards really is.

I like Losman at quarterback as much or more than the next guy but why would you openly root against Edwards (and the Bills) like this? Edwards playing well for the Bills is a positive, whether it results in good quarterback play for the Bills or a lot of draft picks (ala Matt Schaub). It's just as bad as those rooting for Losman to play poorly or get injured so Edwards can get in the game.

Philagape
10-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Ralph on Trent:

“Pretty good? Are you kidding?” Wilson replied. “How could I answer anything else? He was terrific. He was 22 out of 28. You can’t do much better. He played a great, great game, and everybody pitched in.”
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/174507.html

Ebenezer
10-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Ralph on Trent:

“Pretty good? Are you kidding?” Wilson replied. “How could I answer anything else? He was terrific. He was 22 out of 28. You can’t do much better. He played a great, great game, and everybody pitched in.”
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/174507.html
and as we know RW controls the pursestrings and won't really want to give an unproven JP a huge bonus to lock up the next contract.

RedEyE
10-01-2007, 04:02 PM
I do think he performed well but I'm willing to wait and see how he performs nationally, in front of millions, against an all-star team like Dallas. Ewards had a stellar performance but Losman is still the starter here until completely out played several consecutive weeks. let's keep in mind taht it was the Jets this team beat, and technically Edwards played the entire game against the Patriots the week before with different results. It's important to weigh things carefully here.

The Answer
10-01-2007, 04:10 PM

They did TD - but now the execuses keep coming - "Dallas will be the real test"; "Baltimore will be the real test", etc etc. Sooner or later when The Young Gun proves he's not a fluke game after game something has to give.

The lickers will be defending their hero Loseman no matter what happens from here on out....

~The Answer

Mitchy moo
10-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Romo is going to be playing his 14th or 15th game this sunday, he's pretty new at the QB spot as well.

raphael120
10-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Ralph is happy for two reasons, 1, that his GM apparently made a decent 3rd round pick on this guy, and 2, he can pocket more money by not shelling out the big money for Losman.

Michael82
10-02-2007, 12:43 AM
I do think he performed well but I'm willing to wait and see how he performs nationally, in front of millions, against an all-star team like Dallas. Ewards had a stellar performance but Losman is still the starter here until completely out played several consecutive weeks. let's keep in mind taht it was the Jets this team beat, and technically Edwards played the entire game against the Patriots the week before with different results. It's important to weigh things carefully here.
Excellent post! :bf1: