PDA

View Full Version : Edwards' first career TD

justasportsfan
09-30-2007, 05:10 PM
it was a stupid call going for the juggular and on 4th....... or wasn't it?

mybills
09-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah, stupid, but I'm glad it worked. :up:

G. Host
09-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Not stupid IMO. One guy in bar said Marv would have taken the points but that fact is when you do not get many opprotunities in red zone and your defense is playing with backups you need the 7 to win.

I thought a TE pass was a GREAT play because Bills rarely throw to TEs.

Crisis
09-30-2007, 05:17 PM
I wanted them to go for it at the time, I thought it was the right call even if we didn't score. Considering the injuries on defense especially, the touchdown at that point was huge.

Night Train
09-30-2007, 05:19 PM
We're 0-3 and need to send a message to the roster.

It was the right call and won the game.

raphael120
09-30-2007, 05:21 PM
didn't like that long bomb to evans that turned into an INT...

We were in position to run down the clock so the jets didnt have another possession before the half, and what do we do, throw the long bomb when we had plenty of time to run the ball and take our time. another time where the playcalling baffled me.

Philagape
09-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Nothing's stupid at the goal line.

HHURRICANE
09-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Did the Denver game not teach you anything? It was the right call. Without it we would have lost the game.

Plus if we don't make it's a 99 yard drive the other way.

Great call and obviously we have a QB that can execute it with a pass rush in his face. Unlike JP that would be blaming the O-line.

evol4276
09-30-2007, 05:31 PM
stupid? ur kidding? we need to show that we actually give a damn about winning. going for it then came off that we wanna win instead of kicking a fg which wulda lost it for us possibly anyways. yea it was gutsy but it was nec.

Mad Bomber
09-30-2007, 05:32 PM
NO WAY was it stupid. We were 0-3...nothing to lose. I was pissed when I thought we were going for a FG. All I could think is that we'd lose 14-13. I was surpised and HAPPY when Dick actually showed some cajones and went for it. I've been critical of his conservativism, but this call really turned me on. He showed run, and passed the ball. We sold it really well, and Trent rolled out and mad a really sweet pass. Hell, we looked like a professional football team!

JP wouldn't have made that play.

I've been pretty silent on the JP front...I've been thinking that this guy doesn't have the intangibles to be a successful NFL QB.

Trent had a really good preseason against scrubs. People have been pointing that out over and over. Valid points..

HOWEVER....

Today he looked EXACTLY like he did in the preseason (against the scrubs) against the #1 defense of the Jets.

This kid is the real deal.

Mr. Cynical
09-30-2007, 05:35 PM
I was surpised and HAPPY when Dick actually showed some cajones and went for it.

It's always good when Dick has balls.

mybills
09-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Today he looked EXACTLY like he did in the preseason (against the scrubs) against the #1 defense of the Jets.

What? :scratch:

shelby
09-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Mad meant the Jets' starting D rather than a third string D as Edwards faced in preseason.

AndreReed83
09-30-2007, 06:52 PM
It was a good call. I think if we kick the field goal, we end up losing the game 14-13.

M
09-30-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm just glad the coahes had the cojones to go for it. Maybe they'll finally put their conserative BS playcalling to rest.

YardRat
09-30-2007, 07:16 PM
If it had failed, some would be railing the coaching staff for the stupid call.

BidsJr
09-30-2007, 07:25 PM
It's always good when Dick has balls.

I guess everyone missed Dick shaking his head on the sidelines right before the play.

My bet is he gave the ok to go for it and Fairchild called a pass that Dick didn't like.

Good news is that Fairchild trusted him to make the throw.

HHURRICANE
09-30-2007, 07:46 PM

Just realized that this was the game winning score. Without it, we don't win. Good for Trent.

TacklingDummy
09-30-2007, 07:51 PM
We're 0-3 and need to send a message to the roster.

Calling a pass play sent a message to JP Losman.

The message sent was "You're done" and Trent delivered that message.

Ebenezer
09-30-2007, 07:55 PM
0-3 and in a tight game...good call...

3-0 with an intact defense...bad call...

DynaPaul
09-30-2007, 08:29 PM
It was absolutely the right call. We needed the points bad and we needed some momentum in the game. At worst the Jets would have gotten the ball on the 1 yard line. Luckily, Edwards pulled off the play action fake PERFECTLY and we got the score.

RedEyE
09-30-2007, 08:57 PM
If the Bills miss that 4th down TD pass there would be about 400 threads in this forum asking for Jauron's head.

Mr. Pink
09-30-2007, 10:01 PM
I hate to complain about a play that actually worked but..

After watching the play closely, the only guy I see go out on a pass route is Gaines. Kinda baffling why you fully limit yourself to only one option. Good execution of a poor play call here by Trent and Gaines to get open.

In the gameday thread I wanted them to go for it on this play, so in my opinion going for the TD was the right choice just the choice of play kinda surprised me at first and then absolutely baffled me when I saw the replay.

Thank God it worked or else like Redeye said, there would have been a bunch of Fire Dick, what a horrible call threads.

SABURZFAN
09-30-2007, 10:45 PM
If the Bills miss that 4th down TD pass there would be about 400 threads in this forum asking for Jauron's head.

i bet some people wished that it wasn't made because they want to continue ***** and moan about Jauron and the Lickers were hoping they wouldn't make it because it was Edwards in there and not Lossman.they won't admit it but they know who they are.

justasportsfan
10-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Interesting. The reason I asked why is to see if the ones who complained about the 4th and goal last year with Willis , to go deep with lee , or the attitude of the coaches to go for gutsy calls are gonna come out and say it was a stupid decision. One of those, if it worked genius. If it didn't stupid.

HHURRICANE
10-01-2007, 09:15 AM
Interesting. The reason I asked why is to see if the ones who complained about the 4th and goal last year with Willis , to go deep with lee , or the attitude of the coaches to go for gutsy calls are gonna come out and say it was a stupid decision. One of those, if it worked genius. If it didn't stupid.

Loved the 4th and 1 call against the Pats last year. Hated the long pass on 3rd and 1 against denver this year. And loved the call yesterday.

justasportsfan
10-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Loved the 4th and 1 call against the Pats last year. Hated the long pass on 3rd and 1 against denver this year. And loved the call yesterday.
it was 3rd and 5