• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Joey Harrington

I know the guy sucked in DET and MIA but this is the first time he has a chance to just go out and play. Petrino refuses to touch the his throwing motion and has faith in him and the results speak for themselves.

Coming into this week;
    66-96 68.8%, 760 yards, 2TD, 2 INT, 14 Sacks, 90.6 rating

Today:
    23-29 79.1%, 223 yards, 2TD, 0 INT, 2 sacks

Harrington was the most sacked QB coming into today and he has pushed through that and really been a leader for Atlanta. If his play continues I dont know that Atlanta will be taking a QB at the draft.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Bling
    • Jul 2004

Re: Joey Harrington

Miami really is QB hell. I'm glad for him too. I liked for him some reason.

Comment

• Cntrygal
      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
      • Jul 2002

I liked him for some reason when he was in Detroit.
      Originally posted by notacon
      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
        • Mar 2004

want your QB to do good, let him play here, then go elsewhere, lol yeesh. I'm surprised Ray Lucas never hoisted the SB trophy with a new team.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

His decision making has been the death of him.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• STAMPY
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Sep 2003

some of those sacks are his fault for holding onto ball too long. 2 ints isn't something to be proud of either

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by STAMPY
              some of those sacks are his fault for holding onto ball too long. 2 ints isn't something to be proud of either
              He has come alot farther then stats indicate Ive seen him all season long and now that the OL is blocking somewhat better he has the time to get rid of the ball.
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

He sucked in Detroit, he sucked in Miami, he will continue to suck in Atlanta.
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
                  He sucked in Detroit, he sucked in Miami, he will continue to suck in Atlanta.
                  But he doesnt suck in Atlanta thats kinda the whole point of this thread.

He didnt suck at Oregon, he sucked at Detroit, Miami Sucked and so did he, and he has played well in Atlanta. Maybe he's reverting back to his old form?
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                    • Mar 2007

no hes being harrington hes ALWAYS had flashes of great play with the lions, miami and now its no different in the atl dont worry it wont last to long

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

Harrington has always been a streaky player, and I'll give him credit for playing well.

However, he also has always been an impatient player. He is the type of QB who struggles if his top options aren't there and he has to adjust on the fly. Teams will take away what he is doing well now, and he will go back to sucking ass.

If he doesn't, I'll give him credit. However, I never thought he was that good a player and still don't.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Joey Harrington once had 19 TD passes in a season.

Those who are bashing Harrignton might want to look at JP's stats.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

We have seen instances of QB's finally finding the right situation. What did Rich Gannon ever do in his first 10 years in the NFL ?

I think back to my younger days and Jim Plunkett. He was just killed in New England and San Fran. He goes to Oakland, who actually had an OL that could block, and wins 2 SB's. I always believed he could do it and his play in Oakland proved that out. He wasn't a bust after all.

So I won't toss Harrington in the scrap pile just yet.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            Joey Harrington once had 19 TD passes in a season.

Those who are bashing Harrignton might want to look at JP's stats.
                            He also once had 22 interceptions in a season and is a career 56% passer.

Obviously, Harrington is well above those numbers this year, but he will have to sustain it longer than he has to impress me at all. I still think he turns back into the old Joey.

If he doesn't, I'll give him credit. However, he is almost 29 years old and is running out of chances.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                              Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                              • Jul 2002

Joey benched in 4th

Atlanta (1-4) scored only 13 points off the turnovers and botched plenty of chances to win, including three missed field goals.

Leftwich, who replaced a battered Joey Harrington in the fourth quarter, overthrew an open Laurent Robinson in the end zone after Demorrio Williams intercepted Young’s pass with 4:15 to go.

more...
                              Originally posted by notacon
                              The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
                              X