PDA

View Full Version : Trent's QB rating - 98.5

Turf
09-30-2007, 05:30 PM
He was 22-of-28 for 234 yards, one touchdown and an interception. Had Lee made an effort at that endzone pass his numbers might be even better.

BILLSROCK1212
09-30-2007, 05:33 PM
what is JP's best QB rating in his career?

djjimkelly
09-30-2007, 05:34 PM

HIGHER THEN THAT YOUR COMPARING APPLES TO ORANGES BUT HATS OFF TO EDWARDS IF HE LEADS US TO A BOWL

HHURRICANE
09-30-2007, 05:37 PM

JP has had several 130+ games. Seriously.

YardRat
09-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Everybody's harping on Evans for not making the proper effort on that pass, including the tv announcers, and I agree he might have attempted to go up after the ball, but Edward's isn't without some share of the blame...

1. It wasn't the greatest read...the d-back didn't bite on the out that much and Trent probably should've checked down to a different receiver.

2. The pass was slightly underthrown. Those long balls to the end zone should be thrown to a spot where if the receiver can't get it, neither can the DB.

I'm not being 'picky' on Edwards, but if JP was the QB I would have made the same post. Fair is fair.

HHURRICANE
09-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Everybody's harping on Evans for not making the proper effort on that pass, including the tv announcers, and I agree he might have attempted to go up after the ball, but Edward's isn't without some share of the blame...

1. It wasn't the greatest read...the d-back didn't bite on the out that much and Trent probably should've checked down to a different receiver.

2. The pass was slightly underthrown. Those long balls to the end zone should be thrown to a spot where if the receiver can't get it, neither can the DB.

I'm not being 'picky' on Edwards, but if JP was the QB I would have made the same post. Fair is fair.

Actually one of the shows noted that the pass was underthrown. Good post!

Turf
09-30-2007, 05:41 PM

Agreed.

All in all though I think we all can agree he showed field general skills and leadership that JP in my memory has never once exhibited.
Regardless of what happens with Dallas next week, and I do think he will do well though be very pressured, he's still the better option.

Wally The Barber
09-30-2007, 05:47 PM
He was 22-of-28 for 234 yards, one touchdown and an interception. Had Lee made an effort at that endzone pass his numbers might be even better.

What a shame, every receiver knows you need to knock those passes down before the interception.
Lee was sleeping on that one!

churchinski
09-30-2007, 06:51 PM
it wasn't the best of throws but the lack of effort to break it up is inexcusable.

If that was peerless price we would never hear the end of it.

hammerbillsfan
09-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Evans was lazy on that pass.

gr8slayer
09-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Good win and poise today by Edwards but QB Rating is the most overrated/useless stat in all of football. I'm more interested in W vs. L and TD vs. INT.

SABURZFAN
09-30-2007, 11:12 PM
i still think it's a useless stat.

djjimkelly
09-30-2007, 11:31 PM
10 15 66.7 157 10.5 2 0 3 13 140.8

thats JPs last game vs jets only 50 rating points better but a win is a win