PDA

View Full Version : Schobel is useless.

HHURRICANE
09-30-2007, 06:25 PM
Start Hargrove next week. Schobel is a joke.

Tatonka
09-30-2007, 06:31 PM
stupid ****ing thread.

get used to him.. he is here for many more years.. or cry about it.. either way.. he is still here.. right next to kelsay.

Tatonka
09-30-2007, 06:32 PM
every game schobel doesnt have a sack someone starts a ****ing morinic thread like this.. so typical.

Nighthawk
09-30-2007, 06:32 PM
He's a good pass rusher, but when your defensive coordinator is clueless, then it doesn't help him out.

HHURRICANE
09-30-2007, 06:35 PM
every game schobel doesnt have a sack someone starts a ****ing morinic thread like this.. so typical.

When he plays like somebody who got the biggest contract in Bills history than I'll stop posting this thread.

You guaranteed yourself the same thread after the Dallas game unless, of course, he actually does something in the game.

Illmatic15
09-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Keep Schobel, just bench Kelsay..

The Spaz
09-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Keep Schobel, just bench Kelsay..

Bench the guy who actually got to Pennington?

HHURRICANE
09-30-2007, 06:43 PM
Bench the guy who actually got to Pennington?

Kelsay was beating his guy. Unfortunately Schobel was not. Schobel didn't draw a double team all day. How pathetic is that?

Pinkerton Security
09-30-2007, 06:52 PM
before you start bashing him too bad he may have saved the game for us with a strong push to pressure pennington on the pick by mcgee...

billsburgh
09-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Shobel is the one who forced Pennington to throw up that duck that McGee intercepted to seal the win.

Carlton Bailey
09-30-2007, 06:54 PM
I can't stand Schobel, but I thought he was pretty good today ...

EDS
09-30-2007, 07:07 PM

Hargove hasn't done anything his entire career and you want to bench one of the most prolific passrushers in Bills history?

gr8slayer
09-30-2007, 07:08 PM
I thought Schobel got some damn good pressure today.

Scumbag College
09-30-2007, 07:09 PM
He drew two holding penalties today. The first one pushed the Jets back ten with about a minute left in the first half, making that FG attempt (that Nugent missed) that much harder.

casdhf
09-30-2007, 07:10 PM
This was easily his best game of the season.

gr8slayer
09-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Schobel always gives Ferguson a fit.

Bert102176
09-30-2007, 07:12 PM
your the joke

Mad Bomber
09-30-2007, 07:19 PM
He was putting pressure on Pennngton on that last INT by McGee.

YardRat
09-30-2007, 07:22 PM
I thought this was Schobel's best game so far this season.

Mad Bomber
09-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Damn...I'm out of rep for the day. I would have given you a full-fledged :negrep: (WITH signature), but I can only give you a groan. :stfu:

Ickybaluky
09-30-2007, 07:32 PM
This is a classic case of a fan judging a guy too much because he sees him play every down.

Schobel has been one of the best pass rushers in the NFL over the last several years. Is he perfect? No. However, guys like Leonard Little, Aaron Kampman and Jason Taylor aren't perfect either. However, they can all rush the QB.

HHURRICANE
09-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Sorry about the thread. Schobel looked great today, against the Jets. Can't wait to see him dominate against Dallas next week.

I thought Pennington had time to complete 82% of his passes today. My bad.

Ebenezer
09-30-2007, 07:50 PM
When he plays like somebody who got the biggest contract in Bills history than I'll stop posting this thread.

You guaranteed yourself the same thread after the Dallas game unless, of course, he actually does something in the game.
Hurricane, we admire your passion and while you may not think Schobel warranted his contract you cannot start threads about the same issue over and over and over again. We have warned other posters about that and now I am publically warning you. If you want to talk about Schobel sucking then you can do it in this thread forever but if you start one more "Schobel sucks" thread I will move it to spam and give you points. Cool?

HHURRICANE
09-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Hurricane, we admire your passion and while you may not think Schobel warranted his contract you cannot start threads about the same issue over and over and over again. We have warned other posters about that and now I am publically warning you. If you want to talk about Schobel sucking then you can do it in this thread forever but if you start one more "Schobel sucks" thread I will move it to spam and give you points. Cool?

When did I post a Schobel sucks thread before today?

By the way:

Over 4 games he's averaging 2 solo tackles, 2 asst. tackles, and .025 sacks.
Today he helped his numbers 3 solos, 3 assted, and 0 sacks.

John Doe
09-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Schobel and Kelsay have played almost every down this year.

Once Hargrove comes back next week to rotate in, I expect their play to improve.

Ebenezer
09-30-2007, 08:00 PM

By the way:

you didn't...but you did threaten to do it next week. I was just being pre-emptive! :D

Ebenezer
09-30-2007, 08:01 PM

You're kidding? If Bruce Smith and Phil Hansen took as many plays off as these two the fans would have been screaming. They don't play enough.

raphael120
09-30-2007, 09:35 PM
They both blow, they both get blown out of every play by going way too damn wide, theyre almost out on the sidelines before they run back around to get to the QB.

BTW...did anyone see the one play where Triplett was just standing out of bounds? He wasn't even anywhere on the screen, tackling anyone, and when the camera panned over to follow the tackles, Triplett was already there, out of bounds. I think he got owned so bad on that play that he actually was pushed all the way out of bounds..

Kerr
09-30-2007, 09:50 PM
For the money he was given, he should be dominating, but some will say it's because he's a slow starter. I just hope he shows up against the cowboys and has a few take down on Romo.

John Doe
09-30-2007, 09:54 PM
You're kidding? If Bruce Smith and Phil Hansen took as many plays off as these two the fans would have been screaming. They don't play enough.

The Offense was so bad in the first 3 games that the defense was on the field the vast majority of the time.

Bruce Smith and Phil Hansen did not have to face playing conditions like that.

A good rotational sub would have done a lot of good for Schobel and Kelsay - especially in the 4th quarter. That is the system that was supposed to be in place.

Ebenezer
09-30-2007, 10:05 PM
The Offense was so bad in the first 3 games that the defense was on the field the vast majority of the time.

Bruce Smith and Phil Hansen did not have to face playing conditions like that.

you're kidding right? they played on a team with a track meet for an offense. they were on the field all the time. even ML has said to run the K-Gun you had to have a special defense because they would be on the field a lot.

John Doe
10-01-2007, 05:13 AM
you're kidding right? they played on a team with a track meet for an offense. they were on the field all the time. even ML has said to run the K-Gun you had to have a special defense because they would be on the field a lot.

No, I am not "kidding."

Really.

Honest.

Not kidding at all.

I am giving you an honest opionion.

Bruce Smith and Phil Hansen are gone. I am not kidding when I state that the Bills will never have a defensive end duo of their ability again in the existence of the franchise. Not kidding. For you to expect that kind of play from Schobel and Kelsay just might be unrealistic.

The K-gun offense delivered quick points often, but if you think for one second that there is a comparison between the time of posession generated by that system and that produced by the Bills offense in the first 3 weeks, then by all means, continue to do so. If you think that Smith and Hansen ever played without 3/4 of a starting defensive backfield and 2/3 of a starting linebacking crew, then be my guest. And, if you don't believe that another decent defensive end added to the mix will help, then that is your opinion and you are welcome to it.

You are only kidding yourself.

Captain gameboy
10-01-2007, 05:38 AM
Kelsay was beating his guy. Unfortunately Schobel was not. Schobel didn't draw a double team all day. How pathetic is that?

I'm not a Schobel fan either.
Not for that money, but your claim is not true.

The entire fourth quarter they were rolling a running back over to Brick's outside to chip Schobel.

Not that he was beating Brick, because he wasn't.
It was just extremely obvious that they were worried about him and in essence, d'teaming him.

YardRat
10-01-2007, 05:53 AM
They both blow, they both get blown out of every play by going way too damn wide, theyre almost out on the sidelines before they run back around to get to the QB.

BTW...did anyone see the one play where Triplett was just standing out of bounds? He wasn't even anywhere on the screen, tackling anyone, and when the camera panned over to follow the tackles, Triplett was already there, out of bounds. I think he got owned so bad on that play that he actually was pushed all the way out of bounds..

The ends going wide and high is the way the defense is designed.

Forward_Lateral
10-01-2007, 05:57 AM
:rofl: Schobel drew 2 holding penalties, forced a botched end around, should've gotten at least half of a sack on Kelsay's sack, forced the final pick, but he sucked.

colin
10-01-2007, 07:00 AM
our scheme has the DEs running miles on game day. we need our quality backups in so we can rotate them in and keep everyone fresh.

Dantheman1280
10-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Schobel def needs to earn his paycheck, but that goes for the entire D-line especially Larry Tripplett. And what is up with dropping Kyle Williams and Tim Andersen in coverage?!?!?!

Mahdi
10-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Schobel def needs to earn his paycheck, but that goes for the entire D-line especially Larry Tripplett. And what is up with dropping Kyle Williams and Tim Andersen in coverage?!?!?!
Pennington gets the ball out too quickly to expect Anderson or Williams to get to him. The thinking there is that they might as well drop off and take away a slant or something.

justasportsfan
10-01-2007, 09:21 AM

By the way:

this is why I don't care what you think about my posts. This thread is stupid.

Sacks don't mean squat all the time. He didn't make a sack on that last play but he caused Chad to make a bad throw which turned into the INT which sealed the deal.

So if that makes him useless then I hope he continiously becomes useless by your definition.

HHURRICANE
10-01-2007, 09:28 AM
this is why I don't care what you think about my posts. This thread is stupid.

Sacks don't mean squat all the time. He didn't make a sack on that last play but he caused Chad to make a bad throw which turned into the INT which sealed the deal.

So if that makes him useless then I hope he continiously becomes useless by your definition.

Anybody who wants to argue that Schobel isn't playing pooly needs to watch more football. Did you watch the Giants game last night?

Schobel is not disruptive and our lack of pass rush continues to compromise our secondary.

Save this thread because after next week I'll be taking it up a notch. 50 million for a piece of crap is inexcusable.

justasportsfan
10-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Anybody who wants to argue that Schobel isn't playing pooly needs to watch more football. Did you watch the Giants game last night?

Schobel is not disruptive and our lack of pass rush continues to compromise our secondary.

Save this thread because after next week I'll be taking it up a notch. 50 million for a piece of crap is inexcusable. You created this thread right after yesterday's game where he was very much a factor in the win. He came up big where it mattered most and not garbage time so you actually need to watch football more.

trapezeus
10-01-2007, 09:42 AM
i thought he played ok...however, on the 3rd and 1 where the jets picked up 7 yards on the last drive, he came out for jefferson. for the $50MM, he needs to be out there for the entire drive and wreak some havoc. i know that's not necessarily on him, but as the best DE we have, we need him to be conditioned and ready to play every snap of the last drive in crunch time.

HHURRICANE
10-01-2007, 09:45 AM
You created this thread right after yesterday's game where he was very much a factor in the win. He came up big where it mattered most and not garbage time so you actually need to watch football more.

Yep, I posted it right after the game. Pennington forced a bad pass.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG4&game_id=29244

Watch the video for yourself.

HHURRICANE
10-01-2007, 09:46 AM
i thought he played ok...however, on the 3rd and 1 where the jets picked up 7 yards on the last drive, he came out for jefferson. for the $50MM, he needs to be out there for the entire drive and wreak some havoc. i know that's not necessarily on him, but as the best DE we have, we need him to be conditioned and ready to play every snap of the last drive in crunch time.

Bingo.

justasportsfan
10-01-2007, 09:48 AM
Yep, I posted it right after the game. Pennington forced a bad pass.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season=2007&week=REG4&game_id=29244

Watch the video for yourself.

I have the video. Even the blind can see he was pressured into forcing the throw and guess who put pressure on him? Schobel. Even the commentators agreed.

Ickybaluky
10-01-2007, 09:49 AM

Save this thread because after next week I'll be taking it up a notch. 50 million for a piece of crap is inexcusable.

Dwight Freeney had 5.5 sacks last year, way off from prior years. The Colts won the Super Bowl.

Freeney doesn't have a sack this year. The Colts are 4-0.

Yet, despite his supposedly falling production, The Colts saw fit to make Freeney the highest paid defensive player in NFL history. Plus, the team is winning more than ever.

Why would they do that? Perhaps his effect on the game goes beyond the stat sheet. Perhaps Freeney has been such a terror on QBs over the years that teams have decided they aren't going to let him beat them. However, maybe with teams so focused on stopping Freeney, that opens up opportunities for others on the defense to make plays. That would explain Indy paying him all that money.

Now, if you were defending the Bills today, who is the one player you are going to get blocked up front? I'd say Schobel. Wouldn't you think the fact teams are focused on Schobel help the others in the Bills front make plays?

You would probably classify Schobel and Freeney as one dimensional players. Yet, their teams think they are important enough that they pay they a lot of money. Pass rushers get paid. Deal with it.

Schobel has 61.5 career sacks since coming into the NFL in 2001. Freeney has 56.5 career sacks since coming into the NFL in 2002.

Just sayin'.

HHURRICANE
10-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Dwight Freeney had 5.5 sacks last year, way off from prior years. The Colts won the Super Bowl.

Freeney doesn't have a sack this year. The Colts are 4-0.

Yet, despite his supposedly falling production, The Colts saw fit to make Freeney the highest paid defensive player in NFL history. Plus, the team is winning more than ever.

Why would they do that? Perhaps his effect on the game goes beyond the stat sheet. Perhaps Freeney has been such a terror on QBs over the years that teams have decided they aren't going to let him beat them. However, maybe with teams so focused on stopping Freeney, that opens up opportunities for others on the defense to make plays. That would explain Indy paying him all that money.

Now, if you were defending the Bills today, who is the one player you are going to get blocked up front? I'd say Schobel. Wouldn't you think the fact teams are focused on Schobel help the others in the Bills front make plays?

You would probably classify Schobel and Freeney as one dimensional players. Yet, their teams think they are important enough that they pay they a lot of money. Pass rushers get paid. Deal with it.

Since 2003 Schobel has 61.5 career sacks since coming into the NFL in 2001. Freeney has 56.5 career sacks since coming into the NFL in 2002.

Just sayin'.

I'll take Freeney any day over Schobel.

I watched Schobel get man-handled by one tackle all day. His pressure, on an obvious passing play, was a stunt up the middle. Even on the video you can hear Deoin saying it was a "bad throw" into double coverage.

justasportsfan
10-01-2007, 09:55 AM

I watched Schobel get man-handled by one tackle all day. His pressure, on an obvious passing play, was a stunt up the middle. Even on the video you can hear Deoin saying it was a "bad throw" into double coverage.

He made a bad throw because he was UNDER PRESSURE. Hello!!!

Ickybaluky
10-01-2007, 09:58 AM

I'd take Freeney as well, but Schobel isn't a bad consolation prize and doesn't earn near the money.

Say what you want, but Schobel can get to the QB and that makes teams change the way they play the Bills. Freeney is the same way for the Colts. It is a critical component for any defense, and that is why they earn the money.

Freeney gets man-handled at times as well. He is terrible against the run, and as a smaller player up front he needs to be rotated to stay fresh.

However, Freeney scares teams, as Schobel does. That is why they get paid.

The problem is you watch Schobel every down, but only see highlights of Freeney. They are similar players, although Freeney is more athletic. Ultimately, they are both very productive, which is why they get paid. They have a special skill that is extremely valuable.

Freeney has 8 tackles and 1 sack this year, BTW.

HHURRICANE
10-01-2007, 10:06 AM
I'd take Freeney as well, but Schobel isn't a bad consolation prize and doesn't earn near the money.

Say what you want, but Schobel can get to the QB and that makes teams change the way they play the Bills. Freeney is the same way for the Colts. It is a critical component for any defense, and that is why they earn the money.

Freeney gets man-handled at times as well. He is terrible against the run, and as a smaller player up front he needs to be rotated to stay fresh.

However, Freeney scares teams, as Schobel does. That is why they get paid.

The problem is you watch Schobel every down, but only see highlights of Freeney. They are similar players, although Freeney is more athletic. Ultimately, they are both very productive, which is why they get paid. They have a special skill that is extremely valuable.

Freeney has 8 tackles and 1 sack this year, BTW.

Freeney isn't getting double teamed?!

Mahdi
10-01-2007, 10:10 AM

You know although Schobel's deal is worth 50 mil or watever Im pretty sure the contract is not actually as good as it looks. Only 21 mil is guaranteed. And NE 39 makes great points. Schobel is making teams game plan for him. What I have to add to that is that when we get more consistency at DT he will be even more productive, as it is, McCargo is the only DT that makes plays behind the LOS and he gets the least playing time.

TigerJ
10-01-2007, 11:39 AM

Once Hargrove comes back next week to rotate in, I expect their play to improve.

I agree. I also agree that the inability of the offense to move the ball in the first three games seemed to really wear down the line. I am a little concerned that Schobel's decision to drop weight in the offseason to under 250 lbs may have been a mistake. It presumably makes him quicker, but it could also have the effect of causing him to wear down over the course of games and the season, make him less effective at the end of games, and more particularly at the end of the season.

Captain gameboy
10-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Freeney isn't getting double teamed?!

Come on.
You didn't see Schobel get doubled yesterday either, though I have pointed it out in two seperate threads.

I agree with you about Schobel, but he was getting doubled yesterday on almost all of the Jets 4th q passing plays.

PECKERWOOD
10-01-2007, 11:59 AM
This is just a stupid post hhurricane. Go ahead and start Hargrove next week and you'll be calling for Schobel's number in due time.

Oaf
10-01-2007, 12:01 PM
your the joke
Indeed. Your (HHuricane) useless. Worst thread I've seen in awhile. If it wasn't for Schobel OWNING Mangold on a 3 man rush, Jets tie the game up, guarenteed.

Watch the play again. Pennington had a wide open Chris Baker on an out route right under Cotchery with bad coverage from Crowell. The pass may have even been intended for Baker. McGee, who had been consistently beat all game, minus one nice deflection, owes Schobel a night on the town for that interception he got.

In addition to that gamebreaker, he also played the best against the run I've seen in quite some time. He held up the reverse and had great pursuit on Jones.

This thread: :1:

billsburgh
10-01-2007, 12:03 PM

he also drew 2 holding penalties as well.

Ickybaluky
10-01-2007, 01:13 PM
According to the NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2007/10/01/2007-10-01_with_no_passing_attack_thomas_jones_gets-1.html):

BRICK BLOCK: A week after his exceptional performance against Dolphins pass rusher Jason Taylor, LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson had a tough time with Bills DE Aaron Schobel. Ferguson, struggling against Schobel's bull rushes, was penalized twice for holding. RT Anthony Clement allowed the Jets' only sack.