X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elltrain22
    • Sep 2003

Trent Edwards

The guy was absolutely terrific. No happy feet, very solid in the pocket. Great at looking off coverages, w/ tremendous accuracy on his throws. Great looking deep ball, and throws a great intermediate pass as well. But the main thing I love about this guy, is he comes in there and seems to always get at least 1 first down, and not the dreaded 3 and out, that JPL is so frequent at doing. Watching Edwards today, I had a fan's confidence that he was gonna get it done, even in crucial situations, and I am the exact opposite w/ JPL. Edwards not only makes our offense 110% better, but he also makes our defense 110% better by keeping them off the field, and letting them get needed rest.

Some pesimists will read this and declare that this was only 1 game, and it came versus a banged up Jets secondary, which I guess to a certain extent is true. The fact remains, we may have our guy here that can get us to where we need to go, and how exciting is that?? We haven't had a decent QB since Jimbo, and I really think Edwards could be a good one for a long time to come.
    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Trent Edwards

1 game. Relax. Let's see what happens in 8 days.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Time will tell.

Edwards played very well today, also on the first drive of the New England game.

I agree with most of what you say...Even last week, when he was getting smoked by NE the rest of the game, TE didn't look anxious or uncomfortable in the pocket.

We'll see how he does against Dallas.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

To me its not one game, even in preseason he showed what he could do. That first drive against the Patriots shocked everyone except the almighty churchinski, what an amazing man he is by the way.
        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
          To me its not one game, even in preseason he showed what he could do. That first drive against the Patriots shocked everyone except the almighty churchinski, what an amazing man he is by the way.
          It's becoming more clear that you wish to procreate with Churchinski.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

Yes it was one game but at least their is hope. For a Bills fans it has to make you feel good to see the quarterback play well and with poise.

Comment

• JD
              Sabres Zone
              • Sep 2003

I ignored him, but I just think its funny.. cannot stand people who talk highly of themselves regarding sports.
              “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• John Doe
                Florida Man
                • Jul 2002

Edwards was 22 of 28...and his receivers dropped 2 well-thrown balls!

That is eye-popping.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by John Doe
                  Edwards was 22 of 28...with 2 drops!

That is eye-popping.
                  Do it next week and it truly will be eye-popping.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    Do it next week and it truly will be eye-popping.
                    exactly! If he does that next week, or puts up very good numbers....then i will have no problem benching JP for good and starting the Trent Edwards era. If he struggles against a good Cowboys defense, like I think he will....JP should still keep his job.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      exactly! If he does that next week, or puts up very good numbers....then i will have no problem benching JP for good and starting the Trent Edwards era. If he struggles against a good Cowboys defense, like I think he will....JP should still keep his job.
                      Very fair.

Comment

• JD
                        Sabres Zone
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        Very fair.
                        Are you kidding me? How the **** is that fair??

When will you JP lovers put the foot down and give someone else a go? This guy has had his chance to show us what he could bring to the table. He brought nothing but frustration. Let Edwards ride out the season no matter how poorly he does, because in the end with experience... he will be better than JP at his 3rd year mark.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

This is the third "Wow" Trent Edwards thread today!
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

He did well. Only 6 incomplettions. 1 of them was an interception because Evans didn't move on the jump ball. I guess it could have been placed better too, but I really thought Evans had a shot on that ball and failed to go up for it.

Also, credit teh 4th down TD to Edwards as well. He read that play perfectly. Sucking the DE in deep then robbing the Jets with a nice touch pass into the endozne.

Comment

• Hounds
                              • Mar 2004

The only negative thing that I saw was a couple times Edwards took sacks because he held the ball too olong waiting for something to happen. But other then that he played well against the Jets Defense I hope he can play as well in the national spotlight against the Dallas Defense

Comment

Working...
                              X