X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Stop the BS QB threads!

We saw a good game by TE today. I was happy to see this! Can we hold all of the lynchings though until we see more from TE against better teams?

I hate to see wasted time with JP and his developmental period and the possibility of going through it again with a new QB but stop wasting your time with all of the scrap JP threads. It's too premature!

This is shaping up to be a good year to test a new QB due to the unlikely possibilities of our team being playoff bound with all of these injuries and TE is getting his chance to push JP out the door but before you people jump ship let the new kid prove himself. Some of us seem so desperate to ***** can a current player to see what someone else can do before we give them a fair shot at proving themselves. I hate not seeing any stability in the organization with all of this turnover. I will admit though that I am interested to see TE play again. He has a different kind of confidence and poise that I just don't feel with JP. You can just see it in Edwards even though his college career win/loss ratio is poor and he has no NFL experience he looks like he is comfortable.

I'm just saying watch things play out before we seem like too desperate of fans.

Nice win today Bills. Let's start the streak that nobody expects...
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Stop the BS QB threads!

Originally posted by jpdex12
    I hate to see wasted time with JP
    I'd hate to see anymore time wasted on JP.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

me too.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• CSFAN
        • Mar 2007

Quick news flash for you: we ARE desperate fans! After a fairly hopeless 3 weeks, following a long development process with a young QB which yielded very few moments to get truly excited about, a rookie came in today and reminded us what a solid QB can do for this team.

It was nice to finally see real execution on the offensive side of the ball. It was nice to not dread 3rd down, and to not be looking for the next mistake. It was nice to see a guy throw with poise & accuracy on 4th down, instead of out of bounds.

So, yeah...I'm excited, and it doesn't mean that I hate JP, because I don't.

Comment

• jpdex12
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
          I'd hate to see anymore time wasted on JP.
          I'd hate to see anymore wasted time on anyone but who's to say that JP wouldn't have had a game like Edwards today if he would have played? Maybe JP sucks as much as he's been playing this year so far, but I can't say completely that it's all JP and not any other factors of the team that have contributed to his poor play and I wouldn't feel comfortable if I was Marv to axe him yet and lose all of that time we have spent on him so far.

I do have that feeling about Edwards though...

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
            Will not tolerate vandalism.
            • Apr 2006

I'd hate to see anymore wasted time on anyone but who's to say that JP wouldn't have had a game like Edwards today if he would have played? Maybe JP sucks as much as he's been playing this year so far, but I can't say completely that it's all JP and not any other factors of the team that have contributed to his poor play and I wouldn't feel comfortable if I was Marv to axe him yet and lose all of that time we have spent on him so far.

I do have that feeling about Edwards though...
            I am to say it.

Let's face it. Edwards did well because he could hit short, efficient pass plays, which Losman has yet to do as a starter. This opened up and spread out the defense. Try giving Losman that playbook and you'll end up with overthrown passes, underthrown passes, interceptions... let me put it this way, we'd be 0-4 and ready to run the Bills out of town and into Los Angeles.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

We saw a good game by TE today. I was happy to see this! Can we hold all of the lynchings though until we see more from TE against better teams?

I hate to see wasted time with JP and his developmental period and the possibility of going through it again with a new QB but stop wasting your time with all of the scrap JP threads. It's too premature!

This is shaping up to be a good year to test a new QB due to the unlikely possibilities of our team being playoff bound with all of these injuries and TE is getting his chance to push JP out the door but before you people jump ship let the new kid prove himself. Some of us seem so desperate to ***** can a current player to see what someone else can do before we give them a fair shot at proving themselves. I hate not seeing any stability in the organization with all of this turnover. I will admit though that I am interested to see TE play again. He has a different kind of confidence and poise that I just don't feel with JP. You can just see it in Edwards even though his college career win/loss ratio is poor and he has no NFL experience he looks like he is comfortable.

I'm just saying watch things play out before we seem like too desperate of fans.

Nice win today Bills. Let's start the streak that nobody expects...
              My sentiments are similar, but we are seeing evidence start to build that Edwards has what it takes to be a successful NFL QB, while the jury is still out on Losman despite a lot more starts.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• jpdex12
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                My sentiments are similar, but we are seeing evidence start to build that Edwards has what it takes to be a successful NFL QB, while the jury is still out on Losman despite a lot more starts.
                Short and sweet! Nicely put. I don't want to sound like I'm riding the fence but I am not completely convinced that JP is a dud. He put up great numbers in the second half of last year. Very good numbers.

I do love TE's poise though. I will feel better if we see this type of game from him again against the Cowboys. If we do then I will jump on the Edwards bandwagon and order myself a new jersey. I have had some doubts about JP from time to time and while I stuck up for him in discussions with other NFL fans...time is running out if it hasn't already. What we lack with JP is consistency. If Edwards can play consistently he will push JP out the door very soon.

It's tough to say Jp is a total bust considering his stats from the second half of last year but Edwards has the "IT" factor if he plays well against Dallas.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

I agree.

Let's just agree that JP sucks and move on.

Comment

• CSFAN
                    • Mar 2007

"It's tough to say Jp is a total bust considering his stats from the second half of last year"

If JP doesn't make it in Buffalo, he'll still be a quality backup for most teams in the league for years to come.

He'd probably be the #1 QB in Chicago right now; they might even be glad to have him...

Comment

• jpdex12
                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      I agree.

Let's just agree that JP sucks and move on.
                      One more good game this Monday night against the boys and I'll jump ship! The Jets suck and I would feel better about becoming an Edwards follower if he put up a good game against the Boys.

You can't help but notice how poised TE was, how he controlled the tempo of the offense, how he managed the clock, how he was so accurate, how he intentionally picked on Revis the whole game, how well he spoke at the PC after the game...holy ****! If I keep going I won't need one more game to jump on the bandwagon.

Comment

• jpdex12
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by CSFAN
                        "It's tough to say Jp is a total bust considering his stats from the second half of last year"

If JP doesn't make it in Buffalo, he'll still be a quality backup for most teams in the league for years to come.

He'd probably be the #1 QB in Chicago right now; they might even be glad to have him...
                        I don't have the exact stats but he was in the top 5 QB's in the league for TD's per game in the second half of the season. Something like that. He came on well. I'd just hate to prematurely have him axed before we are totally sure about TE.

Comment

• DarbyTheDinosaur
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by CSFAN

Cool...if Edwards continues to develop and JP continues to falter, trade him to Chicago for a defensive upgrade...

I think you're right though...if JP doesn't make it here as the starter, he'll be a serviceable, solid backup here or elsewhere (a la Kyle Boller in Baltimore).
                          You people are depressing me...try this out so my doctor can take me off my meds!!!

op·ti·mism

1.a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.

2.the belief that goodness pervades reality.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

One more good game this Monday night against the boys and I'll jump ship! The Jets suck and I would feel better about becoming an Edwards follower if he put up a good game against the Boys.

You can't help but notice how poised TE was, how he controlled the tempo of the offense, how he managed the clock, how he was so accurate, how he intentionally picked on Revis the whole game, how well he spoke at the PC after the game...holy ****! If I keep going I won't need one more game to jump on the bandwagon.
                            Great post and I agree.

I'm not saying Edwards is the answer but after watching the way he handled the offense, the PC (great that you noticed, cause I did) and his overall demeanor I just know that JP isn't the answer.

If it's not Edwards it needs to be somebody other than JP.

Comment

Working...
                            X