PDA

View Full Version : Where was McCargo Today!?!?!?

raphael120
09-30-2007, 09:38 PM
I saw him on the field for 1 play. He had no tackles.

Meanwhile Tim Anderson had an assist and Jason Jefferson had 2 tackles, 1 assist.

Which brings up an issue...he better be ****ing injured because if not, why the **** is he not on the FIELD!?!?!

You're telling me you TRADED UP for this guy, he's a "FIRST ROUND TALENT" and he's on the field LESS than Fatty Fat Fat Anderson and Jason "Movin On Up" Jefferson!?

I thought McCargo was playin well!? Why the hell isn't he on the field!? :wtf:

Goobylal
09-30-2007, 09:41 PM
McCargo had an excellent game today. That's the problem with looking at the stat sheet.

raphael120
09-30-2007, 09:44 PM
McCargo had an excellent game today. That's the problem with looking at the stat sheet.
I never saw him on the field! I watched the whole game! Some of the guys at the bar agreed with me! We saw Kyle Williams out there on most of the plays.

OpIv37
09-30-2007, 09:51 PM
raph, I usually agree with you but I have to disagree here. McCargo was actually in the backfield a fair amount of the time. I wouldn't say he was dominant, but he's starting to show signs of being a good player (assuming he can stay on the field).

Now Tripplett, on the other hand, was completely useless until he tipped that pass on the last drive. He sucks.

historypete
09-30-2007, 10:48 PM
I didn't see much of McCargo today, but the few times I noticed he was in the game he was penetrating and making plays. I still can't understand why they use Tim Anderson and Jason Jefferson. These guys are worthless. Every time McCargo has been on the field this year he seems to be penetrating in the backfield. He is by far the best DT we have.

I agree OP, Triplett is a waste. That guy can't make a play to save his life. I like Kyle WIlliams but he is a rotational guy not a consistant starter. They must give McCargo more playing time, I think he has earned it. If we are lucky enough to pick up Glen Dorsey in the draft I would think our DT's would be pretty solid with him and McCargo.

ParanoidAndroid
09-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Why complain at all? We know they use a rotation and if that rotation holds Thomas Jones and Leon Washington under 60 yards combined, what's the problem?

Ingtar33
10-01-2007, 01:06 AM
he was in the backfield most of the game

casdhf
10-01-2007, 06:59 AM
Thread owned.

Mahdi
10-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Actually I agree, McCargo was not playing that much, but when he was he was causing problems for the Jets. I dont understand why he gets so few snaps. He is much better than Tripplett. It should be McCargo and Williams starting at this point.

jmb1099
10-01-2007, 08:25 AM
McCargo was a beast yesterday.

HHURRICANE
10-01-2007, 08:32 AM
McCargo looked great.

DiGorgio looked like crap. Our 50 Million dollar DE was dominate as well putting tons of pressure on the air behind Pennington but I'm not allowed to criticize a guy who played one of the wrost teams in the league and recorded 0 sacks.

Mahdi
10-01-2007, 09:25 AM
McCargo looked great.

DiGorgio looked like crap. Our 50 Million dollar DE was dominate as well putting tons of pressure on the air behind Pennington but I'm not allowed to criticize a guy who played one of the wrost teams in the league and recorded 0 sacks.
I agree that Schobel and Kelsay havent been playing well but one reason is because teams were giving them the outside knowing that there is not interior pass rush which allows the QB to step up and away from pressure. Yesterday however, you notice that Schobel and Kelsay both made plays crashing inside on the OTs. If they just make that adjusment every game now they should be fine. They just have to mix it up more which will also help on the running downs, delays and draws.

raphael120
10-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Ok well I stand corrected but the point remains, why the hell isn't he on the field more often? Do we only use him for definite passing downs or what? I hope a first rounder isn't being used so sparingly, especially when he's making plays and getting better.

OpIv37
10-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Ok well I stand corrected but the point remains, why the hell isn't he on the field more often? Do we only use him for definite passing downs or what? I hope a first rounder isn't being used so sparingly, especially when he's making plays and getting better.

we run a rotation at DT to try to keep the DT's fresh at the end of the game. The flaw in the logic is that an exhausted McCargo is still better than Tripplett or Anderson.

raphael120
10-01-2007, 10:27 AM
we run a rotation at DT to try to keep the DT's fresh at the end of the game. The flaw in the logic is that an exhausted McCargo is still better than Tripplett or Anderson.

Exactly...and especially with Schobel and Kelsey out on critical downs.

And I dont know about anyone else but...does anyone think this "rotational" bull**** is overrated??? We're doing this rotational stuff and you'd think that would be to our advantage...yet...our D-line still blows chunks! I could understand if the rotating was working, but it's not! You don't spend the amount of money at the DE position if theyre only on the field half the time. I just don't get it. You can rotate all you want, but thus far you have 2.5 sacks in 4 games to show for it.

Pathetic.

raphael120
10-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Why complain at all? We know they use a rotation and if that rotation holds Thomas Jones and Leon Washington under 60 yards combined, what's the problem?

Well thats all well and good but Pennington threw for almost 350 yards and had a great completion percentage because we didn't get pressure. That'll work for the Jets, but Romo is going to burn us hardcore.

OpIv37
10-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Exactly...and especially with Schobel and Kelsey out on critical downs.

And I dont know about anyone else but...does anyone think this "rotational" bull**** is overrated??? We're doing this rotational stuff and you'd think that would be to our advantage...yet...our D-line still blows chunks! I could understand if the rotating was working, but it's not! You don't spend the amount of money at the DE position if theyre only on the field half the time. I just don't get it. You can rotate all you want, but thus far you have 2.5 sacks in 4 games to show for it.

Pathetic.

The problem with the rotation is that instead of 2 quality starters and 2-3 mediocre to lousy back ups, you spend the same out of money for 4 guys who are mediocre to above average. You lose dominant players, so there is much less of a drop-off when the back ups come in, but you also get inferior play from the starters. Football isn't hockey- quality starters work much better than balance.

justasportsfan
10-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Well thats all well and good but Pennington threw for almost 350 yards and had a great completion percentage because we didn't get pressure. That'll work for the Jets, but Romo is going to burn us hardcore.

just let the thread die and move to something else.

jmb1099
10-01-2007, 10:34 AM
McCargo has been seeing more and more time. I think rotation is part of the equation and the foot is the other. I'm not saying he isn't healed or anything like that, but better to build on it each week rather than push too hard to early. It is obvious though that he is getting a feel for the game. He was double teamed most of the day and still pushed his way through. I hope he stays healthy.

justasportsfan
10-01-2007, 10:40 AM
You negged me because keeping this thread alive shows your thread is a douche? I was trying to help you out Ralphy.

You acutally get owned by yourself. DUH !

mysticsoto
10-01-2007, 10:54 AM
McCargo was definitely a force when he was in. Stats don't show everything - which is why you gotta pay attention during the game. I saw several times where he forced the RB in a different direction b'cse of his penetration. As a result, though Pennington had a good throwing game, the run game was non-existant for the Jets...and which is probably a good chunk of why we won!!!

HHURRICANE
10-01-2007, 10:57 AM
McCargo was definitely a force when he was in. Stats don't show everything - which is why you gotta pay attention during the game. I saw several times where he forced the RB in a different direction b'cse of his penetration. As a result, though Pennington had a good throwing game, the run game was non-existant for the Jets...and which is probably a good chunk of why we won!!!

Good post. Unfortunately we need another DT to help him out.

mysticsoto
10-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Good post. Unfortunately we need another DT to help him out.

Yes we do. You know the TD that the Jets scored on with Leon Washington...guess who was in the middle, fat ass panting, trying to get over to tackle Leon as he flew on by him...if you watch the video again, you'll see a pregnant looking (and pregnant moving) Tim Anderson with his hands outstretched as Leon whizzes by him...

Oaf
10-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Anderson was awful once again; anyone see him whiff on that Jones TD run?