PDA

View Full Version : I want the best QB out there...

xXSpIkes5IXx
09-30-2007, 10:04 PM
I have been a Losman fan through and through, and up until today i believed he gave us the best chance to win.

But the rookie today started to put a twinge of doubt in my mind. If Trent Edwards is going to lead us to wins, then Trent Edwards needs to be on the field playing quarterback.

I do however think, that the JP Losman era is not over as many people have said, but that could change quickly. If Trent goes out and plays well against the Cowboys, or even unimaginably pulls of the upset, i think it will be a full blown QB controversy. Hopefully we make the right choice, unlike our last one.

Go Bills

Kerr
09-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Word. Right now it's TE's job to lose.

SABURZFAN
09-30-2007, 10:27 PM
the better QB was out there today.

historypete
09-30-2007, 10:35 PM
I was extremely happy to see how Edwards played today. He was confident, made very few mistakes and was dead on with his accuracy. A couple of those balls should have been caught which would have made his completion % much higher than the 80% it was.

I don't care who starts for this team. I wanted JP to succeed, but if Edwards can consistantly play like he did today this is the kid we should all hitch our wagons to. He played like a vet today. Yeah, he may have held on to the ball a couple of times too long, but he has guts. He'll stand in the pocket and deliver the ball. He was stepping into his throws and did not have "happy feet". Now I know this was just the Jets, and they are a very bad team but if anything I think this shows Fairchild he doesn't have to hold back on being aggressive. Keep those 3 and 4 wideout sets going. I was very pleased to see Edwards throwing over the entire field: crossing patterns, deep-in routes, using the sideline. It was about time they started attacking downfield. I hope this continues.

If Edwards can keep playing consistant football, I think we may have a very solid foundation with both him and Lynch. Get a real #2 WR and a consistant playmaking TE and this could be a dangerous offense in the future. Now, this is all contingent on Edwards continuing to develop and move forward. I think today was a positive sign for that. I just hope Fairchild doesn't revert back to his past gameplans and playcalling.