PDA

View Full Version : Concerned about the run game

Throne Logic
09-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Make no mistake, I'm thrilled to get the win today. However, after the dust clears, I find that there was something very odd about today's game. The Jets flat out suck vs. the running attack. Why were we not able to move the ball consistently on the ground today? There were some bright spots, but not nearly what I was expecting.

I thought we'd see Lynch breaking the 100 mark easily today. He had his moments, but frequently had to earn every inch on his own. Where the heck was our high-priced O-Line? They should have been opening holes left and right for Lynch.

I had posted during the week that this game would show us a lot about our O-Line. They did fine with the pass blocking, but they were plain bad with the run against a crappy Jet's run D.

churchinski
09-30-2007, 11:51 PM
dont get sucked into that

the offensive line is overhyped

YardRat
10-01-2007, 05:33 AM
In the long run, when the unit actually gels, they are still going to be better at pass-blocking then run blocking, IMO.

Pride
10-01-2007, 05:47 AM
When the NY Jets gameplanned this week, they planned on seeing a nervous, confused, not-quite-ready rookie QB running this offense. Because of that, I believe they threw more than the normal amount of blitzes at him. In fact, the announcers mentioned that the Jets had blitzed on 90% of the plays in the game.

It is hard to run against a constant blitz. Luckily, TEdwards was able to beat them with the 10-15 yard pass plays that the blitz opens up. This is what JP was NOT doing in games 1-2 (beating the blitz with a quick pass).

Dantheman1280
10-01-2007, 07:24 AM
I agree the Run Blocking had been AWFUL all year. Marshawn Earns every inch, If we still had Willis this whole board would be calling for the O-lines heads because Lynch did not have more than 1 or 2 runs where he was not touched behind the LOS.

Inetpub
10-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Actually, im not concerned about the Oline. Im getting concerned with Lynch's lack of production. Yes hes held us the first 3 weeks but thats because the rest of the offense was anemic.

Im still a believer that we should have kept mcgahee. You dont get an opportunity for a power back often. But thats pass history that we cant change. So, Lynch better run his ass off next week vs the Cowboys because time management (aka run game) will be HUGE if we are going to win!