PDA

View Full Version : This stat says a lot to me

BidsJr
10-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Trent 48 attempts 3 sacks.

JP 47 attempts 7 sacks.

Not only does Trent have about 80 more yards on about the same amount of attempts, but has lost 40 less yards by not taking the sacks.

Philagape
10-01-2007, 08:20 AM
Schonert talked about that too:

“When he decides to throw it, it’s out of his hands very quick, and that’s the difference between completing it and getting it knocked down in this game,” said Bills quarterbacks coach Turk Schonert. “He had tremendous poise out there. I think the whole team has confidence in him in the huddle. He doesn’t get shaken.”

HHURRICANE
10-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Schonert talked about that too:

“When he decides to throw it, it’s out of his hands very quick, and that’s the difference between completing it and getting it knocked down in this game,” said Bills quarterbacks coach Turk Schonert. “He had tremendous poise out there. I think the whole team has confidence in him in the huddle. He doesn’t get shaken.”

Na, na, Na, na-na, na, na, hey, hey, hey,...GOODBYE!! Now everyone!!!

JP ain't coming back.

Philagape
10-01-2007, 08:30 AM

JP ain't coming back.

Agreed. The team's comments about Trent are boffo. In a way, it's better for JP that he got injured; at least he didn't suffer the indignity of getting benched or playing out as a lame duck.

BidsJr
10-01-2007, 08:39 AM

JP ain't coming back.

Just to add a bit more to this stat.

JP's career he has averaged a sack once every 8.8 attempts for an average loss of 7.45 yards per sack.

So far, and I know it's early, but Trent is getting sacked every 16 attempts.

That is really eye opening basically a 7-8 yard penalty against the Bills every 9 plays with JP.

TacklingDummy
10-01-2007, 08:42 AM

JP's career he has averaged a sack once every 8.8 attempts for an average loss of 7.45 yards per sack.

That is really eye opening basically a 7-8 yard penalty against the Bills every 9 plays with JP.

So another words the O-line is made to look better because the QB does his job and gets rid of the ball?

BidsJr
10-01-2007, 08:44 AM
So another words the O-line is made to look better because the QB does his job and gets rid of the ball?

Yeah and by a running back that breaks tackles. If you want to look at it that way.

BidsJr
10-01-2007, 08:56 AM

Brady sacked once every 17 attempts.

Manning once every 28 attempts. WOW

Favre every 19 attempts.

Palmer every 19 attempts.