PDA

View Full Version : TD and SABURZFAN were right...

HHURRICANE
10-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Although I think JP was our best option last year, and these two stirred the pot up way too much, you have to admit they were right on JP.

Even if Edwards stinks the joint up for the rest of the year the truth is that this team needs a real QB and JP will never, ever be that guy. He is a gimmick at best that needs to play on a team that might use his scrambling ability and deep ball.

TD and SAB both get kudos for having the nuts to hold their ground on this one.

Goodbye JP.

Philagape
10-01-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm not giving credit for hate.

And that's what it was, clearly. They bashed him even when he did well, harped on mistakes that every QB makes, and insulted those who disagreed with them. That's not criticism. That's not foresight. That's not intelligence.
That JP started out this year poorly and played down to their hate is no credit to them. It's easy now to forget that JP had a good year last season.

I flushed the turds down my Ignore toilet a long time ago, and they're not coming back. No class = no attention from me.

(disclaimer: turds = posts)

HHURRICANE
10-01-2007, 09:05 AM

And that's what it was, clearly. They bashed him even when he did well, harped on mistakes that every QB makes, and insulted those who disagreed with them. That JP started out this year poorly and played down to their hate is no credit to them. It's easy now to forget that JP had a good year last season.

I flushed the turds down my Ignore toilet a long time ago, and they're not coming back. No class = no attention from me.

In fairness, don't you think that we all thought JP did a little better last year than he actually did?

Nobody outside Buffalo thought he was very good, even in the second half of the year.

Sometimes it gets tough watching everyone around you drinking the Kool-aid.

churchinski
10-01-2007, 09:16 AM
I haven't read all of their posts because I just joined.

But I know how Losman groupies are, and I know that his detractors , which always includes me , have had to put up with a lot of garbage from overly emotional Losman groupies.

I got booted from another forum after disagreeing that they drafted Edwards to backup Losman. I said they they drafted him to compete with Losman for the starting job.

So that is what I congradulate them the most for ... putting up with the garbage from highly emotional Losman devotees.

Because for TD ,Saburzfan and myself it's easy to see that Losman can't cut it.
That's like 2 + 2 = 4

Philagape
10-01-2007, 09:18 AM
In fairness, don't you think that we all thought JP did a little better last year than he actually did?

Nobody outside Buffalo thought he was very good, even in the second half of the year.

Sometimes it gets tough watching everyone around you drinking the Kool-aid.

I saw that JP could make plays and win games. (And those who pointed out that he beat weak teams aren't saying Trent beat a weak team too.)
I've always thought JP was what some call a "project" ... Great physical skills, but he wasn't and may never be polished. Inconsistent. Last year I compared him to Plummer. High risk, high reward. But he's shown enough that it was unreasonable to call him a bust and bash him as much as the haters did. And still is, I believe. The Bills did not go into the draft looking for his replacement; Trent unexpectedly fell into their laps. This team is run by "my guys, my system" coaches, so the writing on the wall is clear.
While he's responsible for poor decisions and bad throws, there are other factors in the poor start this year. With the right conditions, better receivers, an offense that knows how to use his skills, he'll do well.

churchinski
10-01-2007, 09:29 AM
I saw that JP could make plays and win games. (And those who pointed out that he beat weak teams aren't saying Trent beat a weak team too.)
I've always thought JP was what some call a "project" ... Great physical skills, but he wasn't and may never be polished. Inconsistent. Last year I compared him to Plummer. High risk, high reward. But he's shown enough that it was unreasonable to call him a bust and bash him as much as the haters did. And still is, I believe. The Bills did not go into the draft looking for his replacement; Trent unexpectedly fell into their laps. This team is run by "my guys, my system" coaches, so the writing on the wall is clear.
While he's responsible for poor decisions and bad throws, there are other factors in the poor start this year. With the right conditions, better receivers, an offense that knows how to use his skills, he'll do well.

I strongly disagree , when Edwards was available ..they didn't say...hey this is a good backup for Losman

They clearly saw him as a QB with starter ability.

And Losman has always been a bust.
He reminds me a lot of Rob Johnson.

TacklingDummy
10-01-2007, 09:46 AM

And that's what it was, clearly. They bashed him even when he did well, harped on mistakes that every QB makes, and insulted those who disagreed with them. That's not criticism. That's not foresight. That's not intelligence.
That JP started out this year poorly and played down to their hate is no credit to them. It's easy now to forget that JP had a good year last season.

TOS Violation

:lmao: Lickers won't give up. "JP had a good year last year." :lmao: No, he had a couple good games. A couple good games does not make a year.

HHURRICANE
10-01-2007, 09:49 AM
TOS Violation

:lmao: Lickers won't give up. "JP had a good year last year." :lmao: No, he had a couple good games. A couple good games does not make a year.

Hopefully this thread wll get it all out of your system.

casdhf
10-01-2007, 09:52 AM
As soon as we draft another QB in the 5th round they'll start blowing that guy and Trent will need to go.

Philagape
10-01-2007, 09:53 AM
And the stupid dumbass idiotic ******ed hate continues.

TacklingDummy
10-01-2007, 10:02 AM

Yes.

TacklingDummy
10-01-2007, 10:03 AM
And the stupid dumbass idiotic ******ed hate continues.

And some fans continue to wear blinders.

TacklingDummy
10-01-2007, 10:11 AM
I saw that JP could make plays and win games.

This is just an asinine comment. How many games could the Bills have won the past 3 years if JP could have made just 1 or 2 plays?

as·i·nine /ˈæsəˌnaɪn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[as-uh-nahyn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. foolish, unintelligent, or silly; stupid: It is surprising that supposedly intelligent people can make such asinine statements.