PDA

View Full Version : 4th and Goal...

DarbyTheDinosaur
10-01-2007, 09:02 AM
OK...what do you guys think?

Was the 4th and go for it! TD call made because the coaches had more confidence in Edwards than they do Losman or because when you are 0-3 you have nothing to lose? Or some other reason I may have overlooked?

I'm going to lean towards nothing to lose...

CSFAN
10-01-2007, 09:05 AM
There was a little bit of nothing to lose, but I think it goes back to the Denver game. You're a yard away from being up 2 scores, as opposed to being up 13-7 and hoping your D can keep the Jets out of the endzone.

I don't see it as a gutsy call; to me, it's a no-brainer. 13-7 isn't really a whole lot better than 10-7. Good teams put teams away when they have the chance...

STAMPY
10-01-2007, 09:10 AM
I just didn't see Chad going 99 yards. That is why i wanted 7. We needed it!

MikeInRoch
10-01-2007, 09:17 AM
I agree - I like the call. I REALLY like the play call.

Furthermore, I don't think JP completes that pass.

raphael120
10-01-2007, 10:23 AM
I can't belileve Jauron didn't know where the hell the spot of the ball was. Are you kiddin me? The fact that he wasn't going to go for it to begin with was ******ed and showed how much of a bull**** coach he is and not going for the win. Jauron had to be told that we should go for it, he was going to settle for the field goal, and ultimately, the loss. It just goes to show that I hope Bills fans don't think the world is changing with the one win, but things are going to get even worse before they get better, I believe. It's going to be rough in the coming weeks, and as long as Dick Jauron is the coach of this team, this team will not do anything more than what is necessary. This team will only win by luck of an INT on the last drive of the opposing offense or a missed field goal, but rarely will it win based on good coaching by Jauron. I'm glad Fairchild had enough guts to say that we should go for it and had some damn confidence in our offense. Can't believe Jauron was going to settle for a field goal...

justasportsfan
10-01-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm gonna go with our coaches philosophy that if you have a chance to go for the juggular, you do it.

You play to win and not play not to lose.

OpIv37
10-01-2007, 10:27 AM
I liked the call.

We were winning, so if we failed to convert the Jets would have to go 60+ yards to tie and the length of the field to take the lead.

It was a much better call than the pass on 3rd down with the lead and less than 2 minutes left.

Night Train
10-01-2007, 10:27 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=135823

bills_7
10-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Losman never got the chnaces they gave Edwards today.. bad coaching has wrecked JP's career.. JP can be a superstar. Edwards is what u see is what u get

cocamide
10-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Losman never got the chnaces they gave Edwards today.. bad coaching has wrecked JP's career.. JP can be a superstar. Edwards is what u see is what u get

I liked what I saw, and I liked what we got from him.

TigerJ
10-01-2007, 11:29 AM
It was one of those plays where the coach looks like a genius if it works and a blathering idiot if it doesn't. It worked. I'm glad it did. It appeared to me as if it was a "We've got nothing to lose" mentality that moved Jauron. I'm not going to second guess it any more than that.