PDA

View Full Version : Losman vs Edwards... Let's not forget

Nasty Mcgahee
10-01-2007, 09:07 AM
All of you that are quick to drop Losman for Edwards, let's not forget how quick we were to drop Henry for Mcgahee... we all know how that worked out.

CSFAN
10-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Not a very good comparison. Henry was a solid back for us when he was here; he was well past proving anything...

hydro
10-01-2007, 09:09 AM
All of you that are quick to drop Losman for Edwards, let's not forget how quick we were to drop Henry for Mcgahee... we all know how that worked out.

That is like comparing apples to oranges...

Historian
10-01-2007, 09:10 AM
And don't forget how we dropped Dennis Shaw for Joe Ferguson either.

:rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
10-01-2007, 09:13 AM

9 paternity cases for Henry vs. 3 paternity cases for Willis. Can I be happy to have neither one of them.

churchinski
10-01-2007, 09:21 AM
All of you that are quick to drop Losman for Edwards, let's not forget how quick we were to drop Henry for Mcgahee... we all know how that worked out.Yes I remember that and laughed at that too

1. I always thought Henry was a better back
2. I always thought Losman was a bust.

Nasty Mcgahee
10-01-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm just saying the guy has one start against one of the worst NFL defenses. He didn't look so great against NE, and if he starts against Dallas we are in trouble... better hope Losman is healthy.

CSFAN
10-01-2007, 09:24 AM
"if he starts against Dallas we are in trouble... better hope Losman is healthy."

The only reason I have hope against Dallas is because TE will be starting.

I think you are in a minority of fans with this sentiment.

Nasty Mcgahee
10-01-2007, 09:31 AM
I think that your in the minority... your the guy that wanted reich to start over kelly.

CSFAN
10-01-2007, 09:33 AM
"your the guy that wanted reich to start over kelly"

?????

Um....no.

Mr. McSwagger
10-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Trent Edwards
Endorsments from HOF coach Bill Walsh, HOF coach and current Bills GM Marv Levy, and Bills owner Ralph Wilson.

J.P. Losman
Endorsements from........a bunch of message board d-bags.

Gee, which way do you really see this going?

justasportsfan
10-01-2007, 10:50 AM
J.P. Losman
Endorsements from........a bunch of message board d-bags.

is this your way of making a grand entrance?

Mr. McSwagger
10-01-2007, 10:52 AM
Is this your way of saying I need one?

justasportsfan
10-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Is this your way of saying I need one?

you need class.

Mr. McSwagger
10-01-2007, 10:56 AM
Coming from someone who obviosly is very familiar with no class, you may be right, for a change.

justasportsfan
10-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Coming from someone who obviosly is very familiar with no class, you may be right, for a change.
troll

mybills
10-01-2007, 11:00 AM
How many here really believe that we wouldn't have won yesterday if JP played using the same game plan they used?
I don't believe that for a second. We have TWO QB's now, that can get the job done when the play calling is what it was yesterday. There's nothing wrong with that.
:gobills: No matter if TE or JP is at the helm. :up:

Mr. McSwagger
10-01-2007, 11:04 AM
So, anybody who doesn't roll over for you is a troll?

Mr. Pink
10-01-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm not sure if we have 1 good QB on our roster yet, let alone 2.

Trent did a very impressive job yesterday but one game a good QB does not make. He did make all the throws, was accurate and made good decisions.

All things we've seen that JP is unable to do.

To me, the game plan yesterday compared with game plans with JP in, just proves that JP can't handle that gameplan. Yesterday was completely predicated on timing routes and throwing the ball to a spot at the right time. Losman holds on to the ball too long to make those type of plays and he's more of a guy who waits and waits til someone is "wide open", which leads to many of his sacks, instead of trusting that a guy will be open before he makes his read.

Here's to hoping that Edwards can continue to get better in the system and solidifies our QB position for years to come.

TigerJ
10-01-2007, 11:25 AM
I think Edwards probably will start versus Dallas. It's a health issue. Edwards did play almost an entire game versus NE. Appart from the first drive, he was not impressive, but I think the reasons for that are more than understandable. He had taken few reps in practice as a backup. Fairchild scrapped the spread offense he had planned to run with Losman as starter in favor of a conservative max protect package of plays that NE was able to take advantage of by taking away the few options that offense gave the QB. And, of course, it was Edwards' first regular season game.

Dallas is a good defensive team, but it is several notches below NE. I think Edwards is going to be fine against Dallas. Buffalo's defense has a far bigger challenge in trying to slow down Tony Romo and the Dallas ofense than Buffalo's Edwards' led offense has in trying to move the ball on Dallas.

I am not anti-Losman, but I have to recognize that Edwards has all kinds of upside, and seems to be far more NFL ready than a lot of rookie QBs.