PDA

View Full Version : What Should the Bills Do at Quarterback?

Meathead
10-01-2007, 10:26 AM
and please no irrational exhuberance

Dozerdog
10-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Go with the hot hand!

Meathead
10-01-2007, 06:21 PM
more votes *****es

YardRat
10-01-2007, 07:20 PM
I was waffling a little bit between 3 and D, but decided to go with the former over the after.

gr8slayer
10-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Ask me next Tuesday.

mikemac2001
10-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Think if edwards plays well and say we win a few games while Jp is on the bench its hard to give JP the job back...but winning againist jets and other below avg teams shouldnt give him the starting roll. I think if he goes 2-2 jp should get job back if JP doesnt show improvement or blow us away we know what direction to go.

Jp always lights up the jets and tho i feel edwards play great i think he didnt play Broncos/steelers/patriots defense or anywhere close to there level

Cowboys have a solid d but sometimes make mistakes this will be good test

Elminster
10-01-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm not ready to crown anyone savior after one game against a team no better than us. Let's see how he plays against the Cowgirls. I, for one, felt he stared down a lot of receivers, and made his share of poor passes despite having all the time in the world. I think he'll find his way back to the bench when Losman comes back, for better or worse...

Meathead
10-02-2007, 01:03 AM
yep

granted the results were impressive but i have to say i didnt see him progressing through many reads. the nyets d is so bad maybe he didnt have to but against a good d hes going to have a tough time completing passes unless hes able to routinely get to second and third reads

i guess we will see soon enough

Typ0
10-02-2007, 05:23 AM
yep

granted the results were impressive but i have to say i didnt see him progressing through many reads. the nyets d is so bad maybe he didnt have to but against a good d hes going to have a tough time completing passes unless hes able to routinely get to second and third reads

i guess we will see soon enough

you didn't see him going through the reads because as soon as he saw an open guy he threw them the ball...and you want to go back to a guy that just holds on to it so you can "see" him go through all the reads. That's sad.

Typ0
10-02-2007, 05:24 AM
If Edwards lays the same egg against Dallas that JP lays against good teams you stick with Edwards he's a rookie and needs the time. If TE plays just mediocre he's clearly stolen the job from JP by demonstrating he's a better QB.

YardRat
10-02-2007, 05:35 AM
Somebody should pull up some old JP vs Holcomb threads...It would mke for interesting reading.

gr8slayer
10-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Somebody should pull up some old JP vs Holcomb threads...It would mke for interesting reading.
Or some of the threads from the second half of last year when all these people calling for Losman's head were talking about his contract extension.

Yasgur's Farm
10-02-2007, 06:15 AM
It's a good thing to have 2 good QB'S. There's no reason to bash either 1.

But... It's a long season. Remember what Rob Johnson did in Jacksonville before he came to the Bills.

Kal-El
10-02-2007, 08:02 AM
This all depends on if the Bills are winning or losing.

If Edwards plays badly but the Bills still pull out a win, then don't tinker with the equation.

If Edwards plays well but the Bills lose, there's no reason to yank him.

If Trent stinks up the joint and the Bills lose, well, as Sam Cooke once sang, "A Change is Gonna Come."

JD
10-02-2007, 08:43 AM
BILLSOLOGY = TRENT SUPPORTER
:hail:

CSFAN
10-02-2007, 08:51 AM
I just think you have to go w/ Edwards the whole way now.

We know what we're going to get with JP. He's never going to be "a great," and he'll always make mistakes. The "project" period is over, and we've seen the results. He's not a terrible QB, but w/ him at the helm, we will need an outstanding defense to win games.

With Edwards, there is the hope that he could follow-through on what we saw against the Jets, and turn into a true leader of the team & at the very least, a very good QB. I think we have to see that through.

If he tanks this season, and the Jets game was an anomoly, then we know more about what we have to do at that position in the offseason...