PDA

View Full Version : What if....

OpIv37
10-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Edwards absolutely sucks against Dallas?

If Edwards plays well again, I think it would be really tough to argue that JP should get the start coming off the bye. But if Edwards sucks, then we really only have one game to go on, and one game is not enough to decide if a player is good or bad.

I have a feeling they'll be splitting time in practice over the two weeks after the bye and the coaches will be making a last minute decision.....

Hopefully Edwards will play well against Dallas and it won't be as big an issue. Don't get me wrong- I like JP and I'd like to see him do well, but I'd much rather see the Bills win and that may mean Edwards rather than Losman.

Enjoy it, people- Flutie/Johnson, Losman/Bledsoe and now the next great QB controversy is here!

mybills
10-01-2007, 11:07 AM
Edwards absolutely sucks against Dallas?

If Edwards plays well again, I think it would be really tough to argue that JP should get the start coming off the bye. But if Edwards sucks, then we really only have one game to go on, and one game is not enough to decide if a player is good or bad.

I have a feeling they'll be splitting time in practice over the two weeks after the bye and the coaches will be making a last minute decision.....

Hopefully Edwards will play well against Dallas and it won't be as big an issue. Don't get me wrong- I like JP and I'd like to see him do well, but I'd much rather see the Bills win and that may mean Edwards rather than Losman.

Enjoy it, people- Flutie/Johnson, Losman/Bledsoe and now the next great QB controversy is here!

I totally agree with the bold part. I really wish people wouldn't turn this into a QB controversy. There's nothing wrong with having both of them on the team, and if JP was supposed to start for the Dallas game but isn't healthy enough, they should put in TE. Whether he blows it or not, shouldn't decide it, because rookies are prone to mistakes, etc. I wish TE the best against Dallas (I hate that team) :D

raphael120
10-01-2007, 11:09 AM
If Edwards does well, and even if it's in a losing effort, it's going to be reeeeeeal hard for Jauron to put JP back in there, and if we win? Holy crap, that would be somethin but very doubtful, but if Edwards does stink it up against the Cowgirls, we might see JP back in again, and it'll be his job to lose...again...and the very first moment JP starts to struggle, you're going to hear clamorings for Edwards. So yes...I think this is a QB contraversy in the making. But fortunately for us, it's with Edwards and not Holcomb and Nall.

BAM
10-01-2007, 11:11 AM
I don't really think they'll be a controversy at least in the coaches' minds. It's been obvious to me since they drafted him that they're high on Edwards.

OpIv37
10-01-2007, 11:12 AM
I totally agree with the bold part. I really wish people wouldn't turn this into a QB controversy. There's nothing wrong with having both of them on the team, and if JP was supposed to start for the Dallas game but isn't healthy enough, they should put in TE. Whether he blows it or not, shouldn't decide it, because rookies are prone to mistakes, etc. I wish TE the best against Dallas (I hate that team) :D

I think some people are overreacting to Edwards having one good game, but at the same time, it's his 4th game in the league and only the 2nd one where he played, and he looked far better than JP has after 26 starts (officially 27 but I won't count the NE game since he only got two plays).

If Edwards can continue to play like that, he's only going to get better, whereas JP has taken forever to improve and the doubts about whether or not he'll ever "get it" are well warranted. The problem is that we still don't know if the Jets game was a fluke for Edwards or not.

So, we take one more look at Edwards against Dallas and then we trust the coaches to make the right decision....

raphael120
10-01-2007, 11:15 AM
All I know is, Im excited about this game coming up...and if JP was starting...I wouldn't be. It's very psychological now just because you almost KNOW what youre getting with JP by now...he's shown you what he can do, and it' snot much. I was talking to one kid at the bar and we were discussing how whenever Edwards threw the ball...and before the camera panned over to show who he was throwing to...you pretty much KNEW when he went back to pass, it was going to be a good completion...you didnt have that with JP...he went back to pass and youd see an overthrow, and underthrow, a defender almost intercept it...

but I tell you what, almost everytime he ddropped back to pass, you were like this is awesome, it's going to be a nice gain, and it usually was. now yeah, it was the jets, but like i said im excited because we're playing a 4-0 team next week and it will be a real nice test for Edwards to see how real he is thus far, and see if we can put this QB thing to rest.

THATHURMANATOR
10-01-2007, 11:16 AM
If Edwards does well against Dallas keep him in. He will have faced a good team with a solid Defense. If he struggles JP goes back in. That is my Opinion of how they should handle it.

justasportsfan
10-01-2007, 11:22 AM
If Edwards does well against Dallas keep him in. He will have faced a good team with a solid Defense. If he struggles JP goes back in. That is my Opinion of how they should handle it.
bingo

mybills
10-01-2007, 11:28 AM
and that's prolly how they WILL handle it. But we'll still hear fans *****ing that JP's still on the roster. :cynic: He did good in the second half of last year when he was given more freedom like TE was given yesterday. Neither of them were given freedom in the 1st 3 games. I like having both of them on the team.

TacklingDummy
10-01-2007, 11:52 AM

Not to realists.

JP has had his time. Game over.

TacklingDummy
10-01-2007, 11:54 AM

Why would that be a reason to put Losman back in? JP has started and struggled against many defenses. Trent only gets to start once and struggle?

PECKERWOOD
10-01-2007, 11:57 AM
I want TE to have the next 3-4 games atleast to see what he can do, regardless if JP is healthy or not. It looks like Faichild's system is well suited for a QB like TE.

HHURRICANE
10-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Edwards will have to play horrible not to be the starter.

PECKERWOOD
10-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Why would that be a reason to put Losman back in? JP has started and struggled against many defenses. Trent only gets to start once and struggle?

Exactly.

Also, we need to see what Edwards can do in preparation for next year's draft.

alohabillsfan
10-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Edwards did well in the pre-season but... that was against guys that will be bagging groceries.

Edwards beat the Jets, but... they are a bad team!

Maybe just maybe he is a good QB, I like his poise, pocket presence and ability to make sound decisions with the ball!

I say lets roll with him!

P.S. Marv please find a #2 receiver for him Goodbye Price!:blowup:

PECKERWOOD
10-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Edwards did well in the pre-season but... that was against guys that will be bagging groceries.

Edwards beat the Jets, but... they are a bad team!

Maybe just maybe he is a good QB, I like his poise, pocket presence and ability to make sound decisions with the ball!

I say lets roll with him!

:bf1:

Michael82
10-01-2007, 12:49 PM
Excellent post! :bf1:

billsburgh
10-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Josh Reed? why not let him start in place of Price or is he more of a slot/3rd receiver?

mchurchfie
10-01-2007, 12:59 PM
Trent Edwards will do fine against the Cowboys. His style is suited well against the 3-4 defense. Even if he loses as long as he has good game management and doesn't make too many glaringly boneheaded mistakes (ala JP) I say we give him at least a fraction of the chances that Jp has gotten.

PECKERWOOD
10-01-2007, 01:00 PM
Trent Edwards will do fine against the Cowboys. His style is suited well against the 3-4 defense. Even if he loses as long as he has good game management and doesn't make too many glaringly boneheaded mistakes (ala JP) I say we give him at least a fraction of the chances that Jp has gotten.

Absolutely, Losman has had what? 26 starts to prove his worth? Give Edwards a chance already.

mchurchfie
10-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Josh Reed? why not let him start in place of Price or is he more of a slot/3rd receiver?
I think it is more of the fact that he is excells so good in the slot. When he was the number two before he also kind of struggled getting open, I think he had separation problems because he doesn't have blazing speed.

PECKERWOOD
10-01-2007, 01:02 PM
I think it is more of the fact that he is excells so good in the slot. When he was the number two before he also kind of struggled getting open, I think he had separation problems because he doesn't have blazing speed.

Damn, can't disagree with any of your posts today.

:posrep:

mchurchfie
10-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Damn, can't disagree with any of your posts today.

:posrep::coocoo::hi5:

Kal-El
10-01-2007, 01:05 PM
The only thing about Mr. edwards that concerns me is his apparent lack of mobility -- which may be no great handicap if he keeps releasing as quickly as he is.

However, I think a team that does a lot of blitzes -- and does them better than the Jets -- could create headaches for our QB.

mchurchfie
10-01-2007, 01:10 PM
The only thing about Mr. edwards that concerns me is his apparent lack of mobility -- which may be no great handicap if he keeps releasing as quickly as he is.

However, I think a team that does a lot of blitzes -- and does them better than the Jets -- could create headaches for our QB.
This is one of his draft reports and along with many others who support this assessment......

Smooth-throwing senior looked to build on a fine junior year but was lost for the season to a foot injury early in the ’06 schedule. His rehab has gone nicely and he was able to work out this offseason. A good athlete with fine mobility and a solid arm. Has a compact delivery, good setup and nice footwork. As a senior, he started five games and threw for 842 yards (75 of 120), six TDs and three INTs. At the Combine, he ran a 4.79 and performed well in agility and passing drills.

I wouldn't confuse his willingness to stay in the pocket with being slow. He seemed to move fine on those rollouts.

Kal-El
10-02-2007, 08:33 AM
This is one of his draft reports and along with many others who support this assessment......

Smooth-throwing senior looked to build on a fine junior year but was lost for the season to a foot injury early in the ’06 schedule. His rehab has gone nicely and he was able to work out this offseason. A good athlete with fine mobility and a solid arm. Has a compact delivery, good setup and nice footwork. As a senior, he started five games and threw for 842 yards (75 of 120), six TDs and three INTs. At the Combine, he ran a 4.79 and performed well in agility and passing drills.

I wouldn't confuse his willingness to stay in the pocket with being slow. He seemed to move fine on those rollouts.

Perhaps, but I'm not sold on his mobility until we see what he does in the face of a full-blown pressure & blitz.