PDA

View Full Version : Thank McGahee and the Ravens for Trent Edwards!

raphael120
10-01-2007, 12:09 PM
That was our 3rd rounder from the McGahee trade!

Goodbye McGayhee, hello QB of the future! That may be one of the best moves of Marv's GM career.

djjimkelly
10-01-2007, 12:12 PM
like ive said many times lets not crown him just yet. i dont care who qb is as long as we start winning. and yes trent was impressive with short throws yesterday. but he should not be crowned just yet. :couch:

PECKERWOOD
10-01-2007, 12:12 PM
I hope so man but let's take this one game at a time. I ain't ready to make him king yet but I like him so far.

Wally The Barber
10-01-2007, 12:14 PM
Lets thank Marv for selecting a QB when the entire board said we didn't need one!

The Answer
10-01-2007, 12:18 PM
That was our 3rd rounder from the McGahee trade!

Goodbye McGayhee, hello QB of the future! That may be one of the best moves of Marv's GM career.

No way Levy's legacy is tainted now that he drafted the next great franchise QB in this league.

~The Answer

raphael120
10-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Lets thank Marv for selecting a QB when the entire board said we didn't need one!

The writing was on the wall for Losman when they picked that. I thought it was a stupid pick but I also realized that this was done for a reason. They knew something was wrong with Losman but gave JP the benefit of the doubt...with all of our other holes on the team, they mustve also seen that the QB position was a hole as well. I believe Edwards is this coachings staffs golden boy and he will ultimately be the one playing and may give Jauron some extra time as a head coach, because Dicks head coaching career is teetering in the balance.

raphael120
10-01-2007, 12:22 PM
like ive said many times lets not crown him just yet. i dont care who qb is as long as we start winning. and yes trent was impressive with short throws yesterday. but he should not be crowned just yet. :couch:

Crown his ass! Haha...

But seriously...you have to be blind to see the dramatic difference between JP and Edwards...Edwards is making plays in 2 games that JP has taken about 2 years to make...I think if you put Edwards against JP right now in a training camp scenario, Edwards would beat him out. JP is athletic, but you don't want an athlete at QB, you want a QB.

PECKERWOOD
10-01-2007, 12:30 PM
No way Levy's legacy is tainted now that he drafted the next great franchise QB in this league.

~The Answer

:lmao:

:bf1:

justasportsfan
10-01-2007, 12:34 PM
The writing was on the wall for Losman when they picked that. I thought it was a stupid pick but I also realized that this was done for a reason. They knew something was wrong with Losman but gave JP the benefit of the doubt...with all of our other holes on the team, they mustve also seen that the QB position was a hole as well. I believe Edwards is this coachings staffs golden boy and he will ultimately be the one playing and may give Jauron some extra time as a head coach, because Dicks head coaching career is teetering in the balance. that's not what my sources said.

raphael120
10-01-2007, 12:47 PM
that's not what my sources said.

The crazy talk in your own head doesn't count as a source.