• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Gameplan against Dallas

Memo to Jauron/Fairchild - it's really simple, come out throwing - and come out throwing downfield to send a message early.

We are going to need to open things up early against Dallas and their aggressive front seven tells The Answer that there are going to be plenty of opportunities to make big plays given their aggressive schemes on defense. And what a better way to give The Young Gun confidence early. Yesterday the Rams had plenty of chances to stay in the game, but missed some field goals and had a lot of stupid penalities - and this was with their starting QB playing with broken ribs, and also minus one of the best RB's in the league (Steven Jackson). The Answer also feels if we get Lynch the ball in some screen plays we can make some big plays and loosen up their defense.

Now on the defensive side of the ball the key is simple - Jason Witten. Dude is a beast and to have any chance of limiting their high octane offense we need to harass him all night long. Donte Whitner - The Answer is calling you out. Time to show you are an elite safety in this game because we know TO is going to get his catches. But if Witten has a 100+ yard night than we could be in real trouble.

~The Answer
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: Gameplan against Dallas

I don't know about throwing downfield. They need to play to Edwards strengths and from what I have seen throwing downfield is not one of them. He is very good short and medium range, so use that for him.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• The Answer
      The Plagiarist
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      I don't know about throwing downfield. They need to play to Edwards strengths and from what I have seen throwing downfield is not one of them. He is very good short and medium range, so use that for him.
      Isn't it amazing how open receivers were yesterday? The Young Gun's accuracy with the short/intermediate throws are going to open things up downfield when the opportunities are there.

The Answer can't wait until Fairchild utilizes the no huddle offense more and tests The Assassin's arm strength - it could be monday night.....

~The Answer

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

Get Lynch involved early and as much as possible. TE has showed signs but he is still a young QB and he is going to need a good running game to be successful. Get Lynch involved in the passing game as well!

Comment

• randabeast
          • Sep 2007

You gotta account for Patrick Crayton also as a third Cowboy receiver. He went for 186 on 7 passes with 2 td's against the Rams.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
            Defies all logic
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by randabeast
            You gotta account for Patrick Crayton also as a third Cowboy receiver. He went for 186 on 7 passes with 2 td's against the Rams.
            Youboty, Greer, McGee vs Owens, Glenn, Crayton.

McGee usually struggles against physical recievers, TO should have his way with him.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by randabeast
              He's number two until Glenn gets back (maybe out for the year.) Hurd is the number three.

Comment

• Tony Romo
                • Sep 2007

gameplan for the dallas....
                butter your popcorn, and watch the romo/to show.

in all seriousness, all i hope for is a good game with no injuries to either team.
                -Tony Romo

Comment

• Dcowboys#1
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Tony Romo
                  gameplan for the dallas....
                  butter your popcorn, and watch the romo/to show.

in all seriousness, all i hope for is a good game with no injuries to either team.
                  hahaha you cant forget Marion the Barbarian and Jason Witten, also Patrick Crayton!!!

All will be involved in the show on Monday Night, lol

but yeah you are right i wish for a good injury free game.

YEAHHHHH HE MADE IT!!! YEAHHHH!!!!!!!

25-24 Dallas Cowboys WIN!!!!

Comment

• Tony Romo
                    • Sep 2007

dude that is seriously an awesome signature, do you have any romo ones? if you made on and sent it to me as a gif. i would be eternally gratefull and would gurantee that i would throw 7 TDs monday.
                    -Tony Romo

Comment

• Kmac777
                      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by The Answer
                      Memo to Jauron/Fairchild - it's really simple, come out throwing - and come out throwing downfield to send a message early.

We are going to need to open things up early against Dallas and their aggressive front seven tells The Answer that there are going to be plenty of opportunities to make big plays given their aggressive schemes on defense. And what a better way to give The Young Gun confidence early. Yesterday the Rams had plenty of chances to stay in the game, but missed some field goals and had a lot of stupid penalities - and this was with their starting QB playing with broken ribs, and also minus one of the best RB's in the league (Steven Jackson). The Answer also feels if we get Lynch the ball in some screen plays we can make some big plays and loosen up their defense.
                      This will be difficult to accomplish with your inexperienced QB on his back from being harassed, hurried and sacked, basically on his back most of the evening. What I mean to say is Trent won’t have the time. In order to do this he will need to take a lot of 5 step and 7 step drop backs. I can't imagine Dallas allowing this to occur. They are not going to let Trent sit back there and try and pick the secondary apart. So unless this Trent kid is in the Farve/Romo mold, (elusiveness) I can't see this as being a reasonable plan of attack with the exception of the screens. We are vulnerable to over pursuing simply because of the aggressiveness. Does that mean play action will get us? Possibly... if you get a running game going.

Now on the defensive side of the ball the key is simple - Jason Witten. Dude is a beast and to have any chance of limiting their high octane offense we need to harass him all night long. Donte Whitner - The Answer is calling you out. Time to show you are an elite safety in this game because we know TO is going to get his catches. But if Witten has a 100+ yard night than we could be in real trouble.
                      ~The Answer
                      It is anything but this simple. We have far too many weapons to think that taking away one will slow Dallas down. St Louis took TO away and look what happened.

The only way to stop this offense is to keep the offense off the field. Don't let Dallas get in a rhythm because if they do, it’s over.

I'm looking forward to the game and hope it is a good one with no serious injuries. Good luck!

Comment

• bills&sabresmvf
                        • May 2005

You have to have a run attack and try to take time off the clock. We've shown we're not a run and gun offense (yet) so keep it simple for Edwards...have long time consuming drives which includes Lynch and short passes hopefully to our TE's. Not saying we shouldn't test deep when appropriate. Hope our defense holds them to a few touchdowns to make it close at the end. GO BILLS!

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloFever
                          Youboty, Greer, McGee vs Owens, Glenn, Crayton.

McGee usually struggles against physical recievers, TO should have his way with him.
                          Youboty is injured also and probably wont play.... same with Leonard.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tony Romo
                            dude that is seriously an awesome signature, do you have any romo ones? if you made on and sent it to me as a gif. i would be eternally gratefull and would gurantee that i would throw 7 TDs monday.
                            As long as 3 of them are to Bills players, that is fine.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

NO , our D cannot keep up in a shootout. Our cbs are overmatched against their wrs.

Establish the run early and keep thier O off the field. Keep the game close and maybe we can steal this game.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X