PDA

View Full Version : Not so mad about conservative coaching in Pats game now

bocephuz
10-01-2007, 12:48 PM
- From what I've read Mangini was fooled pretty good by the Bills offensive gameplan. I was pissed last week when they packed up the tents after JP went down and they played 2 tight end max protect conservative football for most of the 2nd half against the Pats.

Now that I think about it, they were smart to do it.
#1) They didn't show anything to Mangini #2.) Edwards didn't get hurt.

I don't think anyone would have predicted the Bills to come out throwing like they did... hats off to Fairchild this week!

Mad Bomber
10-01-2007, 12:59 PM
- From what I've read Mangini was fooled pretty good by the Bills offensive gameplan. I was pissed last week when they packed up the tents after JP went down and they played 2 tight end max protect conservative football for most of the 2nd half against the Pats.

I don't think anyone would have predicted the Bills to come out throwing like they did... hats off to Fairchild this week!
Next thing you know, we may actually see Lynch involved in the passing game as they gradually unfold the playbook.

OpIv37
10-01-2007, 01:03 PM

sorry, not buying it- you need to play to win the game you're in. It's ridiculous to say "we can't use that play because then the team we play next week may have it scouted". It's ridiculous to play conservative to avoid injury- we've played conservative all year and still have a rash of injuries, including one guy who was almost permanently paralyzed, our starting QB and something like 10 or 11 guys on D.