PDA

View Full Version : The O-line played well, the ST played great, Offense looks alot better....

Mitchy moo
10-01-2007, 01:46 PM
The D played hard and had some timely picks. So why can't we win alot more games than planned? I know it's a homerist thing to think one game changes everything but we played the 2 hardest teams already and lost but with a new level of confidence I think we can do alot better against them. (maybe even win) Hargrove is back, Wire / Kelsay will be back soon, I think things are looking up.

Plan on winning more if TE is in there.

Forward_Lateral
10-01-2007, 01:51 PM
I actually think this was the Special Team's worst game of the season. 2 holding penalties forced Buffalo to start drives on their own 10 yard line, and mediocre returns. Yes Lindell kicked a FG (big freakin deal) and the coverage was good, as usual, but I'm giving the ST a C- for Sunday's game.

Dr. Lecter
10-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Lindell also had 3 out 4 KO's end up as touchbacks.

Mitchy moo
10-01-2007, 01:56 PM

That was huge, it assured them at least a 80 yard drive on the 3 and the Jets used those yards to get very little points.

G. Host
10-01-2007, 03:08 PM

I was very surprised how short that last kick was compared to others. He has increased our level of expectation.

The Answer
10-01-2007, 03:09 PM
The D played hard and had some timely picks. So why can't we win alot more games than planned? I know it's a homerist thing to think one game changes everything but we played the 2 hardest teams already and lost but with a new level of confidence I think we can do alot better against them. (maybe even win) Hargrove is back, Wire / Kelsay will be back soon, I think things are looking up.

Plan on winning more if TE is in there.

Scoob - The Young gun is doing exactly what Brady did for the Pats, and what Romo did for Dallas - igniting the entire team and making mediorce players around him look better.

~The Answer

Mudflap1
10-01-2007, 03:12 PM
The special teams had a few nice things they did yesterday, but definitely made some mistakes too.

Jon

Mr. Pink
10-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Scoob - The Young gun is doing exactly what Brady did for the Pats, and what Romo did for Dallas - igniting the entire team and making mediorce players around him look better.

~The Answer

T.O. is mediocre? Julius Jones? Marion Barber? Jason Witten? Terry Gleen, yes he's hurt this year I know? Patrick Crayton who took Peerless Price out of work in Big D?

Dallas had plenty of weapons last year that contributed to Romo's success...and they have plenty of weapons this year too.

The Answer
10-01-2007, 03:14 PM
T.O. is mediocre? Julius Jones? Marion Barber? Jason Witten? Terry Gleen, yes he's hurt this year I know? Patrick Crayton who took Peerless Price out of work in Big D?

Dallas had plenty of weapons last year that contributed to Romo's success...and they have plenty of weapons this year too.

Ok you have a point with Dallas - but the botton line is where were they going with Bledsoe last year? Probably not to the playoffs.

Edwards is NOT playing like a rookie right now - this kid is special and we are going to be privy to greatness over the next few months regardless what our win/loss record ends up being in 2007.

~The Answer

Forward_Lateral
10-01-2007, 03:16 PM

Good point, forgot about that. I think every one of his kicks went a few yards deep, except for his last one.

deepslant
10-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Our only chance against the cowpies is thru ball control and eating 33+ minutes of the clock. If our D is expected to play 40+ minutes then it will be a blow out. The O has to methodical, time consuming, and nearly flawless in execution to just keep it close. Dallas has too many weapons and their O is playing with extreme confidence. Heck, we need a miracle.