PDA

View Full Version : Same scenarion yesterday, 3rd down & goal, JP's is the QB, do you call a pass or run?

Mitchy moo
10-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Why?

Mitchy moo
10-01-2007, 02:04 PM
I personally feel the coaches have more faith in Edwards than JP, that in itself is why Edwards needs to start. JP hands the rock off.

mysticsoto
10-01-2007, 02:06 PM
With JP, I would likely have chosen to run for the simple fact that he is inconsistent (or atleast has been) this entire season and for the fact that he has trouble with the short, softer throws. Unfortunately, right now I don't feel very confident when JP throws based on his performance this year so far. With Trent, I felt confident b'cse of his play during the entire game!!! Go back and look at his passing...he only really missed one throw and that was the arguable interception. I think he should have thrown it sooner, but it could also be argued that Evans wasn't really looking so that he could go up and fight for that ball. He looked up late apparently thinking that he was going to get one at the edge of the endzone. However, look at all the other incompletions that Trent had (5 others). ALL OF THEM were drops by the receiver after it hit their hands!!!

churchinski
10-01-2007, 02:12 PM
With Losman at QB I just kick the field goal, because who knows what could go wrong with him in there even handing off the ball

Mitchy moo
10-01-2007, 02:13 PM
However, look at all the other incompletions that Trent had (5 others). ALL OF THEM were drops by the receiver after it hit their hands!!!

That's one thing that really lends credence to TE starting, his accuracy. We need a solid passer to deliver the rock, it raises the potential for success. Brady missed fired on more passes against us then Trent missed against the jets.

Dr. Lecter
10-01-2007, 02:15 PM
JP would have run a QB sneak. He has a good record on doing so.

Michael82
10-01-2007, 02:28 PM
That play call is the same thing that JP has done before. One to Jason Peters, and before to Robert Royal. I could have seen that same exact play and JP would have gotten the TD too. :::

justasportsfan
10-01-2007, 02:29 PM
It depends on how he was doing prior to that situation.

SquishDaFish
10-01-2007, 02:34 PM
I would of chose a pitch run in either situation.

T-Long
10-01-2007, 02:57 PM
I personally think they'd go for it on 4th and goal unless there was a loss on the play. I would say they would run it, then play action on 4th, just as they did on Sunday. I don't think it matters what QB was in, I think that would have been their thinking.

Ebenezer
10-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Why?
why ask why??

YardRat
10-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Same call. It's only speculation whether the result would have been the same or not.

MTBillsFan
10-01-2007, 10:08 PM
The coaching staff probably would've run the ball with JP. Judging from yesterday, it's pretty clear they don't trust JP. It might be a safe bet in Vegas but we have finally found our guy in Trent!

clumping platelets
10-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Punt!!!

Elminster
10-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Punt!!!
Gee, thanks Clump! You reminded me of Moo punting from the 33 yard line or something like that. I'm going to have nightmares now...

And of course you do the same thing! Short pass, wide open receiver...nice to see us execute something excecutable for a change...

Michael82
10-02-2007, 01:02 AM
The coaching staff probably would've run the ball with JP. Judging from yesterday, it's pretty clear they don't trust JP. It might be a safe bet in Vegas but we have finally found our guy in Trent!
I disagree. i feel that the staff, specifically Fairchild had this gameplan for last week against the Patriots and was finally willing to change things around. I think that he was tired of the complaints from inside One Bills Drive (JP, Lee Evans and others), plus the media and fans. What we are seeing is not necessarily faith in Edwards, but Fairchild using his ****ing head for something other than a headrack. :up: