PDA

View Full Version : Cheatriots may go undefeated

OpIv37
10-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Granted, they haven't played anyone really good yet, but they've definitively beaten everyone they've played.

It's so ****ing frustrating- everything they do works. EVERY SINGLE THING. They have yet to show any serious flaws through 4 games. They lose their starting RB and it doesn't affect them at all- it's just sickening. I don't know why they're the ONLY team in the NFL that gets away with this.

I have noticed that Brady will eat the ball and take a sack rather than make a bad throw, but even that doesn't usually help because the OL gives him enough time to check his fantasy team on his cell phone before he has to throw the ball.

Aaarrgh. The only thing that will stop this team from going 16-0 is a) serious injuries or b) resting starters for the entire month of December because they've already clinched everything

I'm so sick of these ****ers.

hammerbillsfan
10-01-2007, 10:38 PM
why won't you die already Brady? :fit:

OpIv37
10-01-2007, 10:42 PM
I just don't understand why they constantly succeed where the other 31 teams constantly fail. Apparently the other 31 teams don't understand it either.

Philagape
10-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Gee, I thought adding expensive big-name players didn't work! Haven't they learned from the Redskins???

Dr. Lecter
10-01-2007, 10:43 PM
It's the presence of Bruschi.

hammerbillsfan
10-01-2007, 10:44 PM
they ****ing always have guys wide open on offence!
are they playing with a few extra players on the field?

OpIv37
10-01-2007, 10:46 PM
they ****ing always have guys wide open on offence!
are they playing with a few extra players on the field?

well it's a lot easier when you know what the D is going to do because you stole their signals.

Ebenezer
10-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Granted, they haven't played anyone really good yet, but they've definitively beaten everyone they've played.

It's so ****ing frustrating- everything they do works. EVERY SINGLE THING. They have yet to show any serious flaws through 4 games. They lose their starting RB and it doesn't affect them at all- it's just sickening. I don't know why they're the ONLY team in the NFL that gets away with this.

I have noticed that Brady will eat the ball and take a sack rather than make a bad throw, but even that doesn't usually help because the OL gives him enough time to check his fantasy team on his cell phone before he has to throw the ball.

Aaarrgh. The only thing that will stop this team from going 16-0 is a) serious injuries or b) resting starters for the entire month of December because they've already clinched everything

I'm so sick of these ****ers.
this just in...they're good.

Dr. Lecter
10-01-2007, 10:48 PM
well it's a lot easier when you know what the D is going to do because you stole their signals.

It also does not matter when the defense could have all 11 players covering Moss and he would still catch the ball.

He is a man-beast.

Ultra Chimp 1
10-01-2007, 10:49 PM
They just do it...like Nike.

hammerbillsfan
10-01-2007, 10:51 PM
someone take a tire-iron to Brady's leg, please!

Whaler53
10-01-2007, 11:14 PM
someone take a tire-iron to Brady's leg, please!

wow, that's classy.....

Wishing for the death and or maiming of an opposing player is great. It makes you so very cool. Wow, it must be great to have such a wonderful existence where your self worth is dependent on the death/maiming of an opposing player.

Man, I wish I had your life

hammerbillsfan
10-01-2007, 11:24 PM
your right, i won't use it on Brady, i'll save it for you :up:

Ickybaluky
10-01-2007, 11:26 PM
As long as Patrick doesn't wish it.

He has the power.

Mr. Pink
10-02-2007, 02:45 AM
You heard it hear first, the Browns will beat the Patriots Sunday.

I'm sure I'll get laughed at for this, but I think they'll pull it out in a close game.

Brady will play his worst game of the season and the Browns will capitalize on several NE mistakes, Crennel will know exactly what's being called and the Cleveland hated of Belichick will come through.

Whaler53
10-02-2007, 08:22 AM
your right, i won't use it on Brady, i'll save it for you :up:

Sounds like a plan :D

The King
10-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Try living here.

MikeInRoch
10-02-2007, 08:53 AM
As much as it would suck to have the Patriots do it, I'd kinda like to see those old Dolphins geezers not get to pop the champagne any more...

mybills
10-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Granted, they haven't played anyone really good yet

They beat the Jets 1-3
They beat the Bills 1-3
They beat Cincy 1-3
They beat SD 1-3

They're amazing. :bow:

:chuckle:

Dr. Lecter
10-02-2007, 09:24 AM
You heard it hear first, the Browns will beat the Patriots Sunday.

I'm sure I'll get laughed at for this, but I think they'll pull it out in a close game.

Brady will play his worst game of the season and the Browns will capitalize on several NE mistakes, Crennel will know exactly what's being called and the Cleveland hated of Belichick will come through.

Yes, you will get laughed at for it. :lolpoint: FunTimesYay!

Never say never in the NFL, but this is one focused, talented, well-coached team.

It would be a monumental upset.

OpIv37
10-02-2007, 09:32 AM
They beat the Jets 1-3
They beat the Bills 1-3
They beat Cincy 1-3
They beat SD 1-3

They're amazing. :bow:

Sometimes you just don't get it.

They beat all those teams handedly- the games weren't even close. It's not like they struggled to beat those teams. They were dominant.

And they showed no flaws. Every team has vulnerabilities- except them. Even the vaunted Colts struggled on D in their SB run last year. EVERYTHING seems to work for NE.

I despise the Patriots, but unlike you, I'm going to evaluate them by what they actually do on the field instead of by the record of their opponents.

OpIv37
10-02-2007, 09:33 AM
As much as it would suck to have the Patriots do it, I'd kinda like to see those old Dolphins geezers not get to pop the champagne any more...

then root for the Colts or even the Cowboys- it would absolutely suck to have the only two undefeated seasons in NFL history to be in our division.

Hell, it was 35 years ago and the ****ing Dolphins fans haven't shut up about it yet- Pats fans are annoying enough without that kind of ammunition.

Mad Bomber
10-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Hey, it's getting better.

At least Cincy held them to under 38 points last night...

Ickybaluky
10-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Yes, you will get laughed at for it. :lolpoint: FunTimesYay!

Never say never in the NFL, but this is one focused, talented, well-coached team.

It would be a monumental upset.

I could buy the whole "looking past them to the big road game against the Cowboys" argument, other than the game being at home. The Pats are a much better team at home.

eyedog
10-02-2007, 09:47 AM
They are one play away from falling back to the pack. It's a long season and alot can happen. I wouldn't count undefeated yet.

Dr. Lecter
10-02-2007, 09:48 AM
I could buy the whole "looking past them to the big road game against the Cowboys" argument, other than the game being at home. The Pats are a much better team at home.

Do think they will blow a game?

They have, in previous seasons, had one horrible game (see Miami). Will they do so again? They seem to be on a mission this year.

Maybe Indy can do something with them as the offense is so scary, but after that who?

DraftBoy
10-02-2007, 09:49 AM
They are one play away from falling back to the pack. It's a long season and alot can happen. I wouldn't count undefeated yet.

How are they one play away? They been beating everybody by 2 or 3 scores

oh and :lolpoint: FTY

OpIv37
10-02-2007, 09:49 AM

yeah, they really sucked in Cincy last night- good thing they get to play at home this week! :rolleyes:

eyedog
10-02-2007, 09:53 AM

oh and :lolpoint: FTY

Broken leg for star qb. How's that ?

DraftBoy
10-02-2007, 09:54 AM
Broken leg for star qb. How's that ?

Horrible to even mention

Ickybaluky
10-02-2007, 09:55 AM
Do think they will blow a game?

They have, in previous seasons, had one horrible game (see Miami). Will they do so again? They seem to be on a mission this year.

They will have some down games. Teams are going to take away the big play and there will be games they don't execute as well. I think their defense will be pretty consistent for them, because they generally are. However, even the best offensive teams have bad games. Offense relies on timing and execution, and you are going to have some struggles along the way.

Every year I hear about some team having a chance to go undefeated, but it never happens. The Pats will win their fair share, but it has only been 4 games. They are not going to play well every week.

Even when the Pats won the 21 straight games over 2 seasons, they had games where they didn't play well and might have lost. They were just lucky that they didn't do it against a team that could take advantage of it. That is what it would take to go undefeated, a very lucky streak. It has only happened once before.

eyedog
10-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Horrible to even mention

Horrible or not, that's life in the NFL and you never know. Barring injury they might do it, but still a long way to go.

DraftBoy
10-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Horrible or not, that's life in the NFL and you never know. Barring injury they might do it, but still a long way to go.

Doesnt mean we need to think about it or wish for (not saying you are) especially given our injuries and KE. I pray there is never another injury in the NFL.

eyedog
10-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Doesnt mean we need to think about it or wish for (not saying you are) especially given our injuries and KE. I pray there is never another injury in the NFL.

Who's wishing for it ? That's the reality of it, especially for a qb.

MikeInRoch
10-02-2007, 09:59 AM
then root for the Colts or even the Cowboys- it would absolutely suck to have the only two undefeated seasons in NFL history to be in our division.

Hell, it was 35 years ago and the ****ing Dolphins fans haven't shut up about it yet- Pats fans are annoying enough without that kind of ammunition.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see someone ELSE do it - like Indy. I'm not sure I could handle the Cowboys doing it tho...

mybills
10-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Sometimes you just don't get it.
Ditto. My sarcasm isn't THAT difficult to understand.

Whaler53
10-02-2007, 11:58 AM
The scary thing about the patriots right now, is that they are only going to get better, particularly on defense. We're getting Rodney back this week, and we'll be getting big Sey back in acouple weeks.

Its kinda scary thinking that the Pats aren't at full strength yet.

Mad Bomber
10-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Correction...3 or 4 scores. In our case it was 5 scores:blowup:

Mr. Pink
10-02-2007, 12:55 PM
I expect this week to be a let down week. They beat up on teams that were considered to be "good" coming in to this season, chicago, cincy, san diego. Cleveland is a team that is still considered "bad" even though they're 2-2 and were a timeout away from being 3-1.

It's time for Derek Anderson to have another big game at QB, it's the way he works...he had a huge day, then two iffy days, so he's on schedule to play well again. Streaky inconsistent QBs are wonderful.

Jamal Lewis will run well but then will whoever the Pats play at RB, seeing every team can run on Cleveland. However I think they'll be a little dropoff on stats if LoMo is still hurt.

It'll be a high scoring affair with the Browns pulling it out 34-30

DraftBoy
10-02-2007, 01:02 PM
I expect this week to be a let down week. They beat up on teams that were considered to be "good" coming in to this season, chicago, cincy, san diego. Cleveland is a team that is still considered "bad" even though they're 2-2 and were a timeout away from being 3-1.

It's time for Derek Anderson to have another big game at QB, it's the way he works...he had a huge day, then two iffy days, so he's on schedule to play well again. Streaky inconsistent QBs are wonderful.

Jamal Lewis will run well but then will whoever the Pats play at RB, seeing every team can run on Cleveland. However I think they'll be a little dropoff on stats if LoMo is still hurt.

It'll be a high scoring affair with the Browns pulling it out 34-30

Didnt Derek Anderson just have his good day last week?

Mr. Pink
10-02-2007, 01:08 PM
From what I saw of the game, DA's passes outside of the bomb to Edwards seemed to be off. And he threw his obligatory stupid pick during the game. Then again the Ravens pass D is pretty good.

Ickybaluky
10-02-2007, 01:55 PM
The Browns were outgained by 100 yards and let Baltimore hold the ball for 9 minutes more than they had it. Baltimore made it into Cleveland territory on almost every possession.

They were lucky to win. This week they face Brady, not McNair/Boller. Slight difference there.

Anderson is just the kind of QB the Pats eat alive. He has accuracy issues and relies on the deep ball. The Pats are going to go into their Cover-2 shell and force him to be patient and execute underneath. They won't be putting up big numbers that way.

The Cleveland OL is improved, but they won't push around a big Pats front. If the Pats weren't at home I'd perhaps buy a letdown, but playing at home in Rodney's return they are going to be fired up. This will be another ugly game for Cleveland, more like the opener against Pittsburgh than their recent outings.