• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • User Manuel
    The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
    • Nov 2003

Dallas is No Dynasty

I know there is a lot of euphoria around the team and frankly it is well deserved. One underlying message I keep seeing is that it would be a "huge" upset for the Bills to beat the unbeaten Cowboys. An upset? Sure. Huge, Not really.

Through 4 weeks the Cowboys have beaten teams with a combined record of 4-12. Meanwhile the Bills have a 1-3 record against Teams with a combined 10-6 record.

While good, the team is no juggernaut. The offense is flawed and Romo is, imho, inconsistent. The running game is good, but i don't find it dominate. Of course, it doesn't appear we have an answer for Terrel Owens, our best answer is probably to generate a better pass rush.

Defensivelt Dallas is certainly better than we are and far better than the Jets. Fortunately, i think this is a game for Marshawn to really shine. also, if they can generate some significant matchup problems in the passing game for Dallas. One I look for is for the Bills to try and isolate Roy Williams against Marshawn or Josh Reed. Also, Corner Anthony Henry is banged up and questionable for the game.

I think this game is far more interesting than it would appear and I think Buffalo has an even shot of winning, especially at home on Monday Night.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Dallas is No Dynasty

Flashback 23 years this Nov.

Dallas comes to town to play the 0-11 Bills. Every bandwagon fan in the East shows up in Cowgirl gear to see an expected slaughter and talk major smack.

The Bills return the kickoff to their 12 yard line and the Cowboy fans in front of me turn to mock the Bills fans. On the next play, Greg Bell goes 88 yards up the middle and I start mocking the Cowboy fans nonstop for 3 hours. They were almost shutout and couldn't do a damn thing on offense. With about 5 minutes left, you literally see every Cowgirl fan run for the exits to avoid the beatdown from the Bills fans.

Bills win 14-3

We may get torched this coming Monday but I saw Dallas get embarrassed here before. Old news.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DarbyTheDinosaur
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
      Flashback 23 years this Nov.

Dallas comes to town to play the 0-11 Bills. Every bandwagon fan in the East shows up in Cowgirl gear to see an expected slaughter and talk major smack.

The Bills return the kickoff to their 12 yard line and the Cowboy fans in front of me turn to mock the Bills fans. On the next play, Greg Bell goes 88 yards up the middle and I start mocking the Cowboy fans nonstop for 3 hours. They were almost shutout and couldn't do a damn thing on offense. With about 5 minutes left, you literally see every Cowgirl fan run for the exits to avoid the beatdown from the Bills fans.

Bills win 14-3

We may get torched this coming Monday but I saw Dallas get embarrassed here before. Old news.
      That would be a beautiful replay...sub in Lynch for Greg Bell and I'll take it.

Go Bills!
      You people are depressing me...try this out so my doctor can take me off my meds!!!

op·ti·mism

1.a disposition or tendency to look on the more favorable side of events or conditions and to expect the most favorable outcome.

2.the belief that goodness pervades reality.

Comment

• randabeast
        • Sep 2007

I agree Dallas is a not a dynasty as you have to win a superbowl at least three times for that and Dallas is only starting to improve enough to get their first (this decade).

As for the opinion that Romo is inconsistent then I have to disagree as he has been incredibly consistent.

Comment

• DynaPaul
          • Sep 2003

Who said Dallas was a dynasty in this decade? The only dynasty claimers around here are the Cheatriot fans.

Comment

• User Manuel
            The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
            • Nov 2003

Originally posted by DevilPaul
            Who said Dallas was a dynasty in this decade? The only dynasty claimers around here are the Cheatriot fans.
            Maybe Dynasty is the incorrect word. People, not only on these boards,eam like they are the equivalent to the Patriots right now.

Theya re a good team and definately better than the Bills. The are not, in any way, unbeatable.

Comment

Working...
            X