PDA

View Full Version : Bills catch a break: Anthony Henry to miss this week's game

Ickybaluky
10-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Henry has suffered a high ankle sprain, and will miss 2-to-4 weeks (http://www.star-telegram.com/332/story/254001.html). He has 4 interceptions this year and has been one of the Cowboys best defenders.

They do have Terrence Newman back, who is their best CB, but he is nagged by patella tendinitis in his right knee.

mybills
10-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Catching a break would be the miracle healing of our starters. :ill:

justasportsfan
10-02-2007, 10:15 AM
They do have Terrence Newman back, who is their best CB, but he is nagged by patella tendinitis in his right knee.

Did the cowpokes play Wilfork and the PAts already?

:jk: :calm:

jamze132
10-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Did the cowpokes play Wilfork and the PAts already?

:jk: :calm:
It should be a great game at Dallas. One of the few times I will be cheering for a tie!

justasportsfan
10-02-2007, 10:32 AM
It should be a great game at Dallas. One of the few times I will be cheering for a tie!
zing.....

G. Host
10-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Catching a break would be the miracle healing of our starters. :ill:

How come Saint Bruschi did not lay hands after game on Losman's knee?

devour
10-02-2007, 09:03 PM
I see Edwards & Lynch hanging 24 pts on Dallas. Of course, the Bills D will give up 34.

Goobylal
10-02-2007, 09:55 PM
The Pats also won't face Henry.

Mr. Pink
10-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Eh A-hen being injured isn't catching a huge break.

He's lost a step in coverage and was never as good as his rookie season number indicated. Overrated average player, always has been.

clumping platelets
10-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Now we just need Romo, TO, the OL, the DL, Witten to all come down with some mysterious illness that prevents their ability to play on Monday :idea:

Mitchy moo
10-02-2007, 11:00 PM
Now we just need Romo, TO, the OL, the DL, Witten to all come down with some mysterious illness that prevents their ability to play on Monday :idea:

If there staying downtown we need a ambulance & lights outside their hotel all night.

Ickybaluky
10-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Eh A-hen being injured isn't catching a huge break.

He's lost a step in coverage and was never as good as his rookie season number indicated. Overrated average player, always has been.

4 Interceptions and 8 passes defensed in less than 4 games?

We should all be so average.

Ickybaluky
10-03-2007, 10:19 AM
How come Saint Bruschi did not lay hands after game on Losman's knee?

In order for that to work, the injured party needs to have faith. Perhaps that was lacking.

gr8slayer
10-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Yeah but Terrence Newman is finally 100% healthy. I would much rather face Henry.

Bulldog
10-03-2007, 10:39 AM
With the exception of Henry, the Dallas secondary as a whole is pretty weak against the pass. Roy Williams is a liability in coverage, and about the only chance Buffalo has this Monday is to expose him. Spread it out four wide and let it rip. I would take Rosco going against Roy Williams any day of the week.

gr8slayer
10-03-2007, 10:45 AM
With the exception of Henry, the Dallas secondary as a whole is pretty weak against the pass. Roy Williams is a liability in coverage, and about the only chance Buffalo has this Monday is to expose him. Spread it out four wide and let it rip. I would take Rosco going against Roy Williams any day of the week.
TERRENCE NEWMAN IS COMING BACK THIS WEEK.

Bulldog
10-03-2007, 10:49 AM
TERRENCE NEWMAN IS COMING BACK THIS WEEK.

I DON'T CARE. THE DALLAS SAFETIES ARE A LIABILITY IN COVERAGE. SPREAD THEM OUT AND MAKE ROY WILLIAMS PLAY IN SPACE. HE WILL STRUGGLE. SEE THE WASHINGTON GAME LAST YEAR.

Ickybaluky
10-03-2007, 10:50 AM

I disagree. Dallas loves to get a lead and rush the passer. The key for Buffalo will be slowing the game down and staying true to their strength, especially with a young QB. They need to run the ball with Lynch and keep out of 3rd-and-long. They need to convert 3rd downs and sustain drives to control the clock and keep the Dallas offense on the sidelines.

As for Williams, I have been as critical of his coverage as anyone in the past. However, he lost weight and is playing lighter this year and it shows. He has a nose for the football, and seems to have regained some of the range he showed in college and as a rookie. He has played very well this year and seems improved in coverage.

Jan Reimers
10-03-2007, 10:50 AM
Great news. Our D has Denney, Ellison, Wire, Posluszny, Webster, Simpson, Youboty and Leonhard out.

The Cowboys have Henry.

Mr. Pink
10-03-2007, 04:07 PM
4 Interceptions and 8 passes defensed in less than 4 games?

We should all be so average.

Have you ever actually seen A-hen play?

He's out of position half the time and has lost plenty of foot speed to be anything more than an average corner. I'm sure when teams face the Cowboys they gameplan their passing offense around A-hen. Teams actually throw the ball at A-hen quite frequently. When your offense makes the other team pass 30+ a game, anyone is liable to make a play.

He bites on pump fakes and gets burned deep. His 4 INTs are due to poorly thrown balls that came literally to him...thanks to the Cowboys having a pass rush.

A-Hen is so good at corner that by next season, he'll be moved to safety. There was already talk of them doing it this year.

He parlayed his 10 picks as a rookie nickle corner into a big free agent payday. He was so valuable that the Browns never really made an attempt to re-sign him and instead brought in Gary Baxter.

Want to beat A-hen consistently? If your QB has time, do an out n up route against him. Watch him bite the pump fake on the out and have your WR wide open 15 yards behind him.

Ickybaluky
10-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Have you ever actually seen A-hen play?

Quite a bit, yes. I know about his struggles at times. He is a big CB that has to be used right. All I said is he has played well this season, and he has. He has made plays.

He parlayed his 10 picks as a rookie nickle corner into a big free agent payday. He was so valuable that the Browns never really made an attempt to re-sign him and instead brought in Gary Baxter.

Yeah, and this proves what? Do you want to talk about all the good moves the Browns have made since coming back in the league? It would be a short discussion.

TunaFanForever
10-03-2007, 07:03 PM
We DID get Greg Ellis back(our defensive captain who tore his achilles heel last Nov), and Newman's injury is something you can play through anyways.

So if anything, it's +2 -1 = 1 up.

Dcowboys#1
10-03-2007, 07:13 PM
I DON'T CARE. THE DALLAS SAFETIES ARE A LIABILITY IN COVERAGE. SPREAD THEM OUT AND MAKE ROY WILLIAMS PLAY IN SPACE. HE WILL STRUGGLE. SEE THE WASHINGTON GAME LAST YEAR.

calm down buddy, no need to type in all caps. And Terence Newman will lock up any WR you put on him, NO questions asked. The guy allowed 2 TD's in the past 2 NFL seasons. He went the entire 2005 season without allowing a TD, and had a streak of 30+ games without allowing one, dating back to a couple games before the end of the 2004 season. He allowed 1 TD to Michael Jenkins of ATL, and Mike Williams of DET, thats it.

Terence Newman is the definition of a lockdown cornerback, 2nd best in the NFL at manning up a receiver next to Champ Bailey.

He is 100% and will lock down Lee Evans, because he is BUF #1 receiver and Newman will most likely be on him. Jacque Reeves should do just fine against Roscoe Parrish, especially with the upfront pressure our defensive line will be putting on Edwards all game.

The secondary will fair just fine. Dont even worry.

TigerJ
10-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Buffalo may have Ellison back. That leaves only Posluszny, Wire, Youboty, Simpson, Leonard, Denney and Webster still out. Of course Poz, Simpson , and Webster are on IR so they won't be back this season.

Bulldog
10-03-2007, 09:12 PM
calm down buddy, no need to type in all caps. And Terence Newman will lock up any WR you put on him, NO questions asked. The guy allowed 2 TD's in the past 2 NFL seasons. He went the entire 2005 season without allowing a TD, and had a streak of 30+ games without allowing one, dating back to a couple games before the end of the 2004 season. He allowed 1 TD to Michael Jenkins of ATL, and Mike Williams of DET, thats it.

Terence Newman is the definition of a lockdown cornerback, 2nd best in the NFL at manning up a receiver next to Champ Bailey.

He is 100% and will lock down Lee Evans, because he is BUF #1 receiver and Newman will most likely be on him. Jacque Reeves should do just fine against Roscoe Parrish, especially with the upfront pressure our defensive line will be putting on Edwards all game.

The secondary will fair just fine. Dont even worry.

Hey slappy, if you had a clue you would realize that the caps were in response to the post before mine. And I'm glad that you're so enamoured with Terence Newman, because I don't seem to recall ever saying anything negative about him. Like I said earlier, the Dallas safeties are a liability in coverage. Put Roy Williams in space and he's lost. Hard hitter and a great tackler, but his coverage skills leave a lot to be desired. It would be foolish for me to sit here and say I expect Buffalo to win this game. So enjoy Dallas's defense for now, because when Brady comes to town, it's going to be a long day.

Dcowboys#1
10-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Hey slappy, if you had a clue you would realize that the caps were in response to the post before mine. And I'm glad that you're so enamoured with Terence Newman, because I don't seem to recall ever saying anything negative about him. Like I said earlier, the Dallas safeties are a liability in coverage. Put Roy Williams in space and he's lost. Hard hitter and a great tackler, but his coverage skills leave a lot to be desired. It would be foolish for me to sit here and say I expect Buffalo to win this game. So enjoy Dallas's defense for now, because when Brady comes to town, it's going to be a long day.

Yeah you are right.... he does have coverage issues, but this season he has not been as bad as previous years. He has 2 interceptions and hasnt been beaten deep many times this season. He was exposed week 1 against NYG, but that was about it. He is playing alot better probably because the defense is playing much better...... So its harder to expose his weaknesses when everything else is clicking. Also against the Pats we will have to see. If the defense can get consistent pressure, it'll be a good game. I cant wait, they are just so many factors that go into the New England game, anything can happen!! Its gonna be a great game, but lets just take it a week at a time, lol.