• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

QB Controversy

When you think about QB controversies, who is the initiater of these dillemas? We the fans perpetuate any such controversy as we want this guy or let's try that guy or why don't we give the guy carrying the clipboard a shot.

As fans we want the best for or team and sometimes, especially these days, we want results immediately. When the general isn't leading his troops down the field into enemy territory properly we want his head. We aren't patient enough to wait for his battle skills to develop as we want the right combination of an aerial assault with a solid ground attack.

Sunday's game against the Jets saw Ternt come in there and give us fans something that has been missing fromthe tream in a long time and that's the ability to move the ball down field and walk away with points. Therefore our excitement level is at a new high. Mind you he did so against a weak defense and has yet to be tested properly.

Trent Edwards will be our starter for the next 4-6 weeks and we need to support him as best we can, even if he falls flat on his ass this coming Monday. Remember the Bills don't have stellar record when it comes to prime time games lately. JP may or may not come back, but when he does it is our job to support him and hope for the best.

If JP does come back and fails, and fails and fails it's not his fault he can't win games. Maybe he's just not starter material. If he keeps starting after a few attempts to win and keeps losing, it's not his fault for staying in there, it's the coaching staff who need to be booed and not JP.

As fans we need to embrace whatever leader we are watching on the field and support him as best we can.

Kill the supposed QB controversy right now. Cheer for Edwards in the next few weeks no matter how he preforms and when JP returns, hope for the best.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Kal-El
    Eeek! It's Rob!
    • Jun 2005

Re: QB Controversy

What happens if Trent does well for a few games but then gets hurt, and then JP comes in and does great?

What the hell?!

You don't HAVE a soul. You ARE a soul. You HAVE a body.
    -- C.S. Lewis

BARACK OBAMA '08
    Better than you --
    and he knows it

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

this is gonna turn into a "stop whining " thread which usually generates more whines.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kal-El
        What happens if Trent does well for a few games but then gets hurt, and then JP comes in and does great?

What the hell?!
        The message I was trying to convey was cheer for whomever is leading our team.
        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

4-6 weeks? Nope! It's JP's job once he is healthy again, unless Edwards looks really good against the Cowboys. I have a feeling that will be after the bye.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
            Even I supported both RJ and Drew when they were the qb's. Edwards is not the enemy. Anyone who does not support our qb is not a bills fan.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              Even I supported both RJ and Drew when they were the qb's. Edwards is not the enemy. Anyone who does not support our qb is not a bills fan.

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                4-6 weeks? Nope! It's JP's job once he is healthy again, unless Edwards looks really good against the Cowboys. I have a feeling that will be after the bye.
                Sorry, I thought JP was out 4-6.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

I'd actually say it's the media that creates the QB controversy moreso than the fans.

But you can't blame the fans for wanting the QB that they think gives them the best chance to win. The flaw is that a lot of the fans don't know enough about football to have a valid opinion, and even the ones who do don't have the advantage of seeing Losman and Edwards in practice every day.

I agree that some people have taken it too far though. There is a lot of animosity towards Losman- I understand frustration, but not animosity.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Kal-El
                    Eeek! It's Rob!
                    • Jun 2005

Agreed ... but inevitably there will be a loss, and supporters of whichever QB is on the bench are going to say the loss wouldn't happen if their man had been playing.

You don't HAVE a soul. You ARE a soul. You HAVE a body.
                    -- C.S. Lewis

BARACK OBAMA '08
                    Better than you --
                    and he knows it

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

You lost me with "Cheer for Edwards in the next few weeks no matter how he preforms and when JP returns, hope for the best."
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Sorry, I thought JP was out 4-6.
                        End of October.
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                          You lost me with "Cheer for Edwards in the next few weeks no matter how he preforms and when JP returns, hope for the best."
                          The reason I stated it that was to break the redundancy factor.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

NBF your no fun, Id rather argue endlessly
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• northernbillfan

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              NBF your no fun, Id rather argue endlessly

Comment

Working...
                              X