PDA

View Full Version : QB Controversy

northernbillfan
10-02-2007, 10:11 AM
When you think about QB controversies, who is the initiater of these dillemas? We the fans perpetuate any such controversy as we want this guy or let's try that guy or why don't we give the guy carrying the clipboard a shot.

As fans we want the best for or team and sometimes, especially these days, we want results immediately. When the general isn't leading his troops down the field into enemy territory properly we want his head. We aren't patient enough to wait for his battle skills to develop as we want the right combination of an aerial assault with a solid ground attack.

Sunday's game against the Jets saw Ternt come in there and give us fans something that has been missing fromthe tream in a long time and that's the ability to move the ball down field and walk away with points. Therefore our excitement level is at a new high. Mind you he did so against a weak defense and has yet to be tested properly.

Trent Edwards will be our starter for the next 4-6 weeks and we need to support him as best we can, even if he falls flat on his ass this coming Monday. Remember the Bills don't have stellar record when it comes to prime time games lately. JP may or may not come back, but when he does it is our job to support him and hope for the best.

If JP does come back and fails, and fails and fails it's not his fault he can't win games. Maybe he's just not starter material. If he keeps starting after a few attempts to win and keeps losing, it's not his fault for staying in there, it's the coaching staff who need to be booed and not JP.

As fans we need to embrace whatever leader we are watching on the field and support him as best we can.

Kill the supposed QB controversy right now. Cheer for Edwards in the next few weeks no matter how he preforms and when JP returns, hope for the best.

Kal-El
10-02-2007, 10:13 AM
What happens if Trent does well for a few games but then gets hurt, and then JP comes in and does great?

What the hell?!

justasportsfan
10-02-2007, 10:14 AM
this is gonna turn into a "stop whining " thread which usually generates more whines.

northernbillfan
10-02-2007, 10:15 AM
What happens if Trent does well for a few games but then gets hurt, and then JP comes in and does great?

What the hell?!The message I was trying to convey was cheer for whomever is leading our team.

Michael82
10-02-2007, 10:16 AM
4-6 weeks? Nope! It's JP's job once he is healthy again, unless Edwards looks really good against the Cowboys. I have a feeling that will be after the bye.

justasportsfan
10-02-2007, 10:18 AM
The message I was trying to convey was cheer for whomever is leading our team.
Even I supported both RJ and Drew when they were the qb's. Edwards is not the enemy. Anyone who does not support our qb is not a bills fan.

northernbillfan
10-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Even I supported both RJ and Drew when they were the qb's. Edwards is not the enemy. Anyone who does not support our qb is not a bills fan.:up:

northernbillfan
10-02-2007, 10:21 AM
4-6 weeks? Nope! It's JP's job once he is healthy again, unless Edwards looks really good against the Cowboys. I have a feeling that will be after the bye.Sorry, I thought JP was out 4-6.

OpIv37
10-02-2007, 10:22 AM
I'd actually say it's the media that creates the QB controversy moreso than the fans.

But you can't blame the fans for wanting the QB that they think gives them the best chance to win. The flaw is that a lot of the fans don't know enough about football to have a valid opinion, and even the ones who do don't have the advantage of seeing Losman and Edwards in practice every day.

I agree that some people have taken it too far though. There is a lot of animosity towards Losman- I understand frustration, but not animosity.

Kal-El
10-02-2007, 10:23 AM

Agreed ... but inevitably there will be a loss, and supporters of whichever QB is on the bench are going to say the loss wouldn't happen if their man had been playing.

mybills
10-02-2007, 10:25 AM

You lost me with "Cheer for Edwards in the next few weeks no matter how he preforms and when JP returns, hope for the best."

mybills
10-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Sorry, I thought JP was out 4-6.
End of October.

northernbillfan
10-02-2007, 10:29 AM
You lost me with "Cheer for Edwards in the next few weeks no matter how he preforms and when JP returns, hope for the best."The reason I stated it that was to break the redundancy factor.

DraftBoy
10-02-2007, 10:33 AM
NBF your no fun, Id rather argue endlessly

northernbillfan
10-02-2007, 10:34 AM
NBF your no fun, Id rather argue endlessly:D

justasportsfan
10-02-2007, 10:34 AM
NBF your no fun, Id rather argue endlessly
you proved that already

northernbillfan
10-02-2007, 10:37 AM
I'd actually say it's the media that creates the QB controversy moreso than the fans.You can say that again. I was called in last night to eschew about the Bills and the AFCE in general on the all sports radio station and after our usual jab aboout each others team (the host is a fish head) I mentioned how good Edwards looked and his real test will be Monday. The first words out of the host's mouth was..."There's definitely a QB controversy in Buffalo". I ignored the comment as I am sick of hearing those words together.

justasportsfan
10-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Even bb.com is starting the qb controversy. Check out the video.

TacklingDummy
10-02-2007, 11:21 AM
There wouldn't be a QB controversy, or even talk of a QB controversy and I'll go even as far to say Trent Edwards wouldn't have been drafted if JP Losman would have shown that he is the the Buffalo Bills QB of the future. If you want to point fingers where this controversey started start with pointing your finger at JP Losman.

DynaPaul
10-02-2007, 11:26 AM
I just pray that this QB controversy doesn't escalate to the level of the great Flutie/Johnson War. One of these QBs has to die a quick and painless death. Of course, the fact that we are even discussing this shows that we don't have a true #1 QB yet.

Mitchy moo
10-02-2007, 11:32 AM
There wouldn't be a QB controversy, or even talk of a QB controversy and I'll go even as far to say Trent Edwards wouldn't have been drafted is JP Losman would have shown that he is the the Buffalo Bills QB of the future. If you want to point fingers where this controversey started start with pointing your finger at JP Losman.

That's really what this boils down to, JP lost the job himself. It isn't like the kid hasn't had a chance to play but he does well for a half against the terrible teams, look ok at best for the mediocre teams and is lost against the good teams. In order for us to become a good team we need to have a more consistent starter in there. JP + any pressure = confusion. Trent never moved out of the pocket unless it was designed.