PDA

View Full Version : Losman Nicknames

churchinski
10-02-2007, 12:36 PM
We have a thread for Edwards nicknames so let's follow the natural progression to a thread for Losman nicknames.

Kal-El
10-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Rob Johnson.

churchinski
10-02-2007, 12:43 PM
JP "couldn't hit the broad side of a barn" Losman

LtBillsFan66
10-02-2007, 12:47 PM

Kal-El
10-02-2007, 01:11 PM
JP "Hoping to Resurrect His Career in Oakland" Losman.

Gunzlingr
10-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Jonathan Paul "J.P." Losman.

The last buffalo fan
10-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Jonathan Paul "J.P." Losman.

:hi5: :posrep:

trapezeus
10-02-2007, 01:58 PM
JP "Churchinski" Losman

evol4276
10-02-2007, 02:12 PM
mmm i love people who make alter screen names

Bill Cody
10-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Some of my favs are:

Lossman

Loserman

Jay Pee

Just Plain Lousy

Soon to be released man

1 + 2 + 5 = 0

JD
10-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Bench

gr8slayer
10-02-2007, 03:43 PM
J.P. "it's still my job when I recover from the cheap shot" Losman

JD
10-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Not sure why slayer is still in love with losman.. is there any reason other than wanting to be differant?

gr8slayer
10-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Not sure why slayer is still in love with losman.. is there any reason other than wanting to be differant?
Who said I'm in "love" with anyone? I personally feel that Losman gives us the best chance to win right now. Stick to hockey kid.

SABURZFAN
10-02-2007, 04:32 PM
there's no need for me to get started.i'll take the high road here. :beers:

Ultra Chimp 1
10-02-2007, 04:40 PM
JP Johnson.

churchinski
10-02-2007, 05:36 PM
JP "Churchinski" Losman

A little sensitive to Losman criticism are we?

Well I guess it's just one of those things people need to grin and bear .

DynaPaul
10-02-2007, 07:32 PM
I'm not even touching this thread.

SpillerThrills
10-02-2007, 07:45 PM
JP "Where's my clipboard and headset" Losman

83evans
10-02-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm not even touching this thread.

You did by posting.

trapezeus
10-02-2007, 08:52 PM
A little sensitive to Losman criticism are we?

Well I guess it's just one of those things people need to grin and bear .
I root for the bills not a particular quarterback. i also like to see people beat more than one weak team before being called the future. perhaps JP's time has run out. perhaps edwards has the tools. maybe he doesn't.

I don't see why everyone needs to "be the first to say someone is awesome or horrible". you need to see the whole body of work. and i know people who post like you are the first ones to toss edwards to the sharks if he plays poorly over the next couple starts.

yes, i thought he played well and deserves to start again next week. if he beats the cowboys, then he deserves to start again. if he loses, but showsability to move the ball, he may still deserve to start agian. but there is no point in annointing someone king of the team and ride out a perfectly capable QB who could be very good in the number 2 role. it would be ideal for buffalo to be able to work with both.

churchinski
10-02-2007, 09:05 PM
I root for the bills not a particular quarterback. i also like to see people beat more than one weak team before being called the future. perhaps JP's time has run out. perhaps edwards has the tools. maybe he doesn't.

I don't see why everyone needs to "be the first to say someone is awesome or horrible". you need to see the whole body of work. and i know people who post like you are the first ones to toss edwards to the sharks if he plays poorly over the next couple starts.

yes, i thought he played well and deserves to start again next week. if he beats the cowboys, then he deserves to start again. if he loses, but showsability to move the ball, he may still deserve to start agian. but there is no point in annointing someone king of the team and ride out a perfectly capable QB who could be very good in the number 2 role. it would be ideal for buffalo to be able to work with both.
I see that you have yourself figured as highly noble.

I don't see anything noble about watching a game for years and yet being seemingly unable to make a distinction between players.

As for myself I won't be backing off my evaluation anytime soon as you suggest.

I make strong committed comments.

To me that is what discussion is all about.

And I don't cheer for bust players like it's some sort of community service or civic duty, I don't shut down my mind for anyone let alone Losman.

When and if I do get proven wrong guess what happens...I stand corrected

That is what most of the hardcore groupie types who latch onto players rarely if ever do...they deny instead.

The difference is that I'm never a flunky a groupie or licker for any player...I'm latched onto my opinion not any player.

Mad Max
10-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Rob Johnson.

BWAHAHHAHAHA..oh wait, now I'm tearing up a little remembering the train wreck that was Rob Johnson.

Mad Bomber
10-02-2007, 10:09 PM
JP "it should be any day now" Losman

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-02-2007, 10:28 PM
JP "Model citizen, Great role model, good community guy, wish the NFL had more stand-up guys like him, but just cant put it together on the field" Losman

83evans
10-02-2007, 11:15 PM
JP INT losman

TacklingDummy
10-03-2007, 06:51 AM
We have a thread for Edwards nicknames so let's follow the natural progression to a thread for Losman nicknames.

Gay Pee Blowsmen

justasportsfan
10-03-2007, 09:22 AM
If it were guys like Robosack and Willis, it's easy to bash them. These guys couldn't wait to get out of buffalo and talked smack about the city.

Jp on the other hand whether he later on proves to suck has done nothing but work his butt off for the team and maybe even gave more to the community and wants to stay.

It's hard to bash and make fun of the guy. Anyone who does is a hater.

trapezeus
10-03-2007, 10:00 AM
I see that you have yourself figured as highly noble.

I don't see anything noble about watching a game for years and yet being seemingly unable to make a distinction between players.

As for myself I won't be backing off my evaluation anytime soon as you suggest.

I make strong committed comments.

To me that is what discussion is all about.

And I don't cheer for bust players like it's some sort of community service or civic duty, I don't shut down my mind for anyone let alone Losman.

When and if I do get proven wrong guess what happens...I stand corrected

That is what most of the hardcore groupie types who latch onto players rarely if ever do...they deny instead.

The difference is that I'm never a flunky a groupie or licker for any player...I'm latched onto my opinion not any player.

So you're the George W. of Bills fans.

gr8slayer
10-03-2007, 10:17 AM
If it were guys like Robosack and Willis, it's easy to bash them. These guys couldn't wait to get out of buffalo and talked smack about the city.

Jp on the other hand whether he later on proves to suck has done nothing but work his butt off for the team and maybe even gave more to the community and wants to stay.

It's hard to bash and make fun of the guy. Anyone who does is a hater.
Bledsoe said nothing but good things about the city and the fans of Buffalo. I don't know where you get that from.

justasportsfan
10-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Bledsoe said nothing but good things about the city and the fans of Buffalo. I don't know where you get that from.
Who's talking about Bledsoe?

gr8slayer
10-03-2007, 10:21 AM
My bad. I was confusing Robosack with Bledsoe. Johnson seems like so long ago.

STRONG_BAD
10-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Last year on the jets boards they were calling him JP Blowsman

gr8slayer
10-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Last year on the jets boards they were calling him JP Blowsman
How juvenile.

Jan Reimers
10-03-2007, 10:45 AM
I don't understand all of the derogatory nicknames for a player who has tried hard and done his best.

Maybe Edwards will take his job and be a better QB, but why all the hate for JP?

It's not as if he's been a bad teammate, or lazy, or a clubhouse cancer, or an attitude problem like McGahee.

Makes me wonder.

colin
10-03-2007, 10:57 AM
My bad. I was confusing Robosack with Bledsoe. Johnson seems like so long ago.
lol

i thought the same thing!

jp threw his coaches under the bus a little bit there, i think this whole thing might end less than roses for jp.

billsburgh
10-03-2007, 11:51 AM
I don't understand all of the derogatory nicknames for a player who has tried hard and done his best.

Maybe Edwards will take his job and be a better QB, but why all the hate for JP?

It's not as if he's been a bad teammate, or lazy, or a clubhouse cancer, or an attitude problem like McGahee.

Makes me wonder.
:bf1:

madness
10-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Not really a JP hater but...

JP "N.I.P." Losman.

deepslant
10-03-2007, 12:31 PM

There is always turbulence when making a change especially with qb. It's especially difficult when the player didn't completely lose the spot on his own but is beat out by a better player during an injury. Edwards just needs to play well the next few weeks for it be a relatively smooth transition.

mybills
10-03-2007, 12:35 PM
jp threw his coaches under the bus a little bit there, i think this whole thing might end less than roses for jp.
So did some wr's...so what are their nicknames?

churchinski
10-03-2007, 01:50 PM

Makes me wonder.
why are people only sensitive to this type of banter in regard to Losman ?

I rarely hear of anyone offended when it comes to players at other positions

Have you ever been quoted defending other players who are being subjected to banter ?

And with QBs everyone else but Losman seems fair game.

So are the coahes and the GM

So what makes JP Losman so extra special to people that concern themselves with this ?

Did Losman ever do anything in his time that makes him a more significant person than anyone else?

To me he's just another player open to debate and criticism.

justasportsfan
10-03-2007, 02:07 PM
To me he's just another player open to debate and criticism. there's a difference between debate/criticism from ridicule.

the minute Edwards craps in his pants, let's ridicule him or every player at that. That's what makes bills fans great?

This thread is Rediculous

TedMock
10-03-2007, 02:32 PM
why are people only sensitive to this type of banter in regard to Losman ?

Have you ever been quoted defending other players who are being subjected to banter ?

And with QBs everyone else but Losman seems fair game.

So are the coahes and the GM

So what makes JP Losman so extra special to people that concern themselves with this ?

Did Losman ever do anything in his time that makes him a more significant person than anyone else?

To me he's just another player open to debate and criticism.

I think people like Losman as a person off the field more than other players - and rightfully so. Let's face it, the guy has made far greater efforts than most to be part of the community, cleanup the city, encourage businesses to come, etc. It's hard not to like that about him and all that stuff is far more important in the grand scheme of things. It's not like McGahee who bashed everything. Hey, maybe he'll be a good backup. At least we don't have Flutie and Johnson again. Two guys making over $5 million per year and both stunk for different reasons, but both stunk.

Hey, I like JP, but I'm pulling for Edwards right now. The kid doesn't have quite the athleticism or arm strength of JP, but he goes through his reads a lot faster and he doesn't have a weak arm or poor athleticism either. Going through his progressions faster is probably the most important improvement we've seen. I hope he throws for 400 yards and 4 TD's, and the "controversy" is over before it begins. I'm all for discussion / debate / whatever, but the pissing and moaning about the QB's gets old. It's been old for a lot of years. Hopefully Trent leaves zero doubt after this week. Otherwise, welcome to the last 11 years.

churchinski
10-03-2007, 03:21 PM
I think people like Losman as a person off the field more than other players - and rightfully so. Let's face it, the guy has made far greater efforts than most to be part of the community, cleanup the city, encourage businesses to come, etc. It's hard not to like that about him and all that stuff is far more important in the grand scheme of things. It's not like McGahee who bashed everything. Hey, maybe he'll be a good backup. At least we don't have Flutie and Johnson again. Two guys making over $5 million per year and both stunk for different reasons, but both stunk.

Hey, I like JP, but I'm pulling for Edwards right now. The kid doesn't have quite the athleticism or arm strength of JP, but he goes through his reads a lot faster and he doesn't have a weak arm or poor athleticism either. Going through his progressions faster is probably the most important improvement we've seen. I hope he throws for 400 yards and 4 TD's, and the "controversy" is over before it begins. I'm all for discussion / debate / whatever, but the pissing and moaning about the QB's gets old. It's been old for a lot of years. Hopefully Trent leaves zero doubt after this week. Otherwise, welcome to the last 11 years.

the question that I have is that if all criticism that people are sensitive to were to be erase what would a forum be left with ?

and why would anyone bother reading it ?

for what purpose to read...go bills go...a 1000 times ... along with the injury report and bashing the opponent

I do know for certain that there are people of that other mindset that really prefer a conversation that consists strictly of devotion to the local team and all it's player

a big meeting place for the sole purpose of out and out devotion to all players who have a Bills helmet on their heads.

now that would get old and stale very fast at least for people like me anyways

churchinski
10-03-2007, 03:31 PM
I think people like Losman as a person off the field more than other players - and rightfully so. Let's face it, the guy has made far greater efforts than most to be part of the community, cleanup the city, encourage businesses to come, etc. .

1. Losman isn't going to bring business into the area with the program for clean up that he ran
that's exaggerating quite a bit isn't it ?
It was a good thing to do but let's stay real

2. Losman is involved community wise in a public way.
I'm sure that there are plenty of players with the kind of money that these players make that involve themselves in important causes in a discrete way also, that you aren't aware of

3. You I or anyone else who does community or charitable work won't get a pass at our place of employment when it comes to doing our jobs
So Losman is really no different

and that leads up to showing how hypocrital you are with all of this

At least we don't have Flutie and Johnson again. Two guys making over $5 million per year and both stunk for different reasons, but both stunk.

Flutie is heavily involved in charity and in supporting important research .
So how do you come off throwing shots at him if you really abide by this stuff you write ?
And stranger than that Flutie had a wnning record with the Bills
A very impressive win / loss record

I think this makes it clear that this whole thing is far more simple than all of these elaborate rationalizations people go through the bother of trying to assemble

It's really just a matter of these people saying ..."I like JP...therfore can we silence any criticism of JP ?...just Jp mind you because I like JP"

Just that simple and just that transparent

justasportsfan
10-03-2007, 03:45 PM
1. Losman isn't going to bring business into the area with the program for clean up that he ran

I'm sure that there are plenty of players with the kind of money that these players make that involve themselves in important causes in a discrete way also, that you aren't aware of

3. You I or anyone else who does community or charitable work won't get a pass at our place of employment when it comes to doing our jobs

stop trying to justify this RE-diculous thread and calling people sensitive.

the minute Edwards craps will you start a thread bashing edwards or will you be a hypocrite.

Historian
10-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Just Putrid

churchinski
10-03-2007, 03:51 PM

the minute Edwards craps will you start a thread bashing edwards or will you be a hypocrite.
Don't tell me what I'll say or do unless you want to invite me into saying what you will say and do

Your response here amount to nothing

It says nothing and it amounts to no more than a tantrum in response to criticism of Losman

Was the Edwards nickname thread RE-diculous ? Hmmm ?
There were some critical nicknames in that thread too.
I didn't see you do any crying about that.

It's blantantly obvious that this criticism of Losman is just pressing your JP Button.

churchinski
10-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Just Putrid

:lol:

TedMock
10-04-2007, 12:52 PM

Flutie is heavily involved in charity and in supporting important research .
So how do you come off throwing shots at him if you really abide by this stuff you write ?
And stranger than that Flutie had a wnning record with the Bills
A very impressive win / loss record

I think this makes it clear that this whole thing is far more simple than all of these elaborate rationalizations people go through the bother of trying to assemble

It's really just a matter of these people saying ..."I like JP...therfore can we silence any criticism of JP ?...just Jp mind you because I like JP"

Just that simple and just that transparent

Okay, you completely missed what I was saying. I'm not some big, pro-JP guy. I never said JP is going to bring business to Buffalo, nor did I suggest that implicitly or explicitly. He's been open about wanting to encourage businesses to come. Not that he could personally do that on his own. Nobody thinks that. I apologize for not making that clear for everybody.

Yes, plenty of players are involved in the community. Not all, and most certainly not some of the "stars" that we've had in recent years. Again, my point was completely missed.

I never said Losman deserves a pass if he gives to charity, but underperforms. I Never suggested that, nor would I. Not sure where that came from. I merely suggested that his charitable work is probably one of the reasons people like him as a person - not necessarily as a football player.

Flutie had a nice win/loss record, but the offense only averaged 14 points in his magical year and we had a top-5 defense that scored quite a bit. He was grossly overrated, but that's my opinion. I'm not against calling out a player who isn't very good. For i.e., I like Aaron Schobel, but I feel he's overrated too.

As for throwing shots at Flutie, he was nothing but rude and arrogant when I met him. I didn't approach him for an autograph, I didn't ask for a picture. I was introduced to him at a benefit and he was a *****. Even still, I rooted for him on the field as it was for the good of the team for him to win.

I was only trying to give you my take on why many don't feel the need to act like jerks when it comes to Losman. I don't care if people don't want him to start. If Edwards is the better QB, I don't want Losman to start either. Alot of people here are a mirror image of some of these die-hard Losman guys in their approach, but with the opposite views.

It would be boring if everybody agreed on everything here. It's also boring when people continuously say the same things for the last two years - both pro and anti Losman people. It's boring when people do nothing more than throw cheap shots at a player. How about well thought out, coherent responses to posts we don't agree with. Instead, people make things up or twist what was actually written so as to prove a point. Of course that makes certain people look foolish in my opinion.

The Answer
10-04-2007, 01:26 PM
JP Loserman

JP Lossman

JP Blowman

JP Suckman

JP Lessman

JP 'Turnover machine' Losman

JP 'One Look' Losman

JP 'One Hopper' Losman

JP 'I shouldn't have invested in that new home' Losman

JP 'I'm slow in the head' Losman

JP 'Not THE ANSWER' Losman

Well you get the idea.....

~The Answer

JD
10-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Who said I'm in "love" with anyone? I personally feel that Losman gives us the best chance to win right now. Stick to hockey kid.
I'd tell you to stick to football but apparently you are blind to the fact that JP has had more than enough time to get things going. The best thing hes done while here was plant flowers downtown. Edwards give us HOPE. Are you honestly going to say you would feel more comfortable going into Monday Nights game with JP at the helm? At least we could use the "hes a rookie" excuse if Edwards sucks up the field. What do we say if JP blows like usual? Grasphing for strings lickers, grasping for strings.
:blowup:

JD
10-04-2007, 01:37 PM

If you're going to use that logic, I guess you could say that Lossman has been ****ting all over the place huh? Nobody takes Trent seriously because he beat a ****ty team. Its not the fact that he beat them, its how he looked in the pocket and how he executed his throws. I feel we have found a hidden gem in Edwards. Thank god he played for a terrible team so we were able to draft him late. You cannot say Edwards sucks if he loses Monday. It's expected that we lose. JP has had three years, it is time for someone else to take over and build up their own experience as JP tried to do.

I think the QB position was the missing link to our team. The injuries are the only thing stopping this team from being a "good" team. When Trent got that ball moving last sunday he kept our defense well rested to the point they were able to perform better. For an inexpierenced D-fense they played great. Grier defensive player of the week, and Edwards was up for rookie of the week.. not sure if he won it or not. The point im making is if Trent can go in and perform the way he did on sunday, the defense will play better especially with players returning to the lineup. Our special teams is still good, but not great with McGee out. Parrish will break for one soon and I cant wait. This team has alot of inexperience and it only gets me excited knowing what kind of future we COULD have if we keep everyone together as one fully functioning unit.

madness
10-04-2007, 03:04 PM
JP Loserman

JP Lossman

JP Blowman

JP Suckman

JP Lessman

JP 'Turnover machine' Losman

JP 'One Look' Losman

JP 'One Hopper' Losman

JP 'I shouldn't have invested in that new home' Losman

JP 'I'm slow in the head' Losman

JP 'Not THE ANSWER' Losman

Well you get the idea.....

~The Answer

Mine wins. :tongue:

mybills
10-05-2007, 09:28 AM

I'm sure I pissed a lot of people off by calling Bledsoe a dumbass before he left Buffalo.
If I did it after he left, they wouldn't have been offended.
But just because you rarely hear of that, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
There are Coy Wire fans here that still read crap about him, and trust me, they're offended. Oh and, Coy's dad is a good tailgater. :up:
btw, JP is still a Buffalo Bill. Let's have at him when (eventually) he won't be one.