PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports Week 5 Power Rankings: Our Trio is leading us towards the playoffs..

Mitchy moo
10-02-2007, 01:36 PM
<TABLE class=bgBdr cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bgHigh onmouseover="this.className='bgHigh';" onmouseout="this.className='bgC';" align=middle><TD align=middle>25</TD><TD noWrap align=left>http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/NFL/TeamLogo/Small/2.gif (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=2) Bills (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=2)</TD><TD align=middle>31</TD><TD align=middle>(+6)</TD><TD align=middle>18/31</TD><TD align=left>Was that Jim Kelly, Andre Reed and Thurman Thomas leading the Bills to victory against the Jets on Sunday? Not quite. But if Trent Edwards, Lee Evans and Marshawn Lynch can perform as they did against the Jets, the Bills could very well be headed to their first postseason berth since the '90's in the near future. The offense looked terrific, while the defense held its own, holding New York to only 14 points. Edwards completed 22-of-28 passes for 234 yards, Lynch ran for 79 yards and Evans hauled in six passes for 72 yards. So yeah, it may not be Kelly, Reed and Thomas — but Bills fans aren't complaining. As long as there's some Ws, they'll gladly take this young trio.
Team: Home (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/team?statsId=2) | Stats (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamStats?statsId=2) | Fantasy (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamFantasyNews?statsId=2)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

Mitchy moo
10-02-2007, 01:38 PM
These guys put us one spot in front of the Jets, just based on that alone it lends them more credence than ESPN.

raphael120
10-02-2007, 01:38 PM
:rolleyes:

Scumbag College
10-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Power rankings are silly.

camelcowboy
10-02-2007, 02:17 PM
aren't the media suppose to be more objective then the fans? Talking about playoffs already just makes me want to punch my computer screen.

LtFinFan66
10-02-2007, 02:18 PM
:meh:

justasportsfan
10-02-2007, 02:23 PM
haha! one win . Watch these guys flipflop after one loss.

tat2dmike77
10-02-2007, 02:26 PM
:meh:

You a little bitter after what daunte did to your team on sunday.

:bow: for al bundy avatar

LtFinFan66
10-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Not bitter at all. I just think comparing those three to Kelly,Thomas and Reed after one victory should be punishable by death.

I am glad Daunte is getting a chance. He is still not healthy and didn't really do much. ran a total of like 5 yards for his TD's and was 5-12 passing. All he had to do is hand off to whatever RB was lined up behind him

tat2dmike77
10-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Not bitter at all. I just think comparing those three to Kelly,Thomas and Reed after one victory should be punishable by death.

I am glad Daunte is getting a chance. He is still not healthy and didn't really do much. ran a total of like 5 yards for his TD's and was 5-12 passing. All he had to do is hand off to whatever RB was lined up behind him

Well that guy is a moron anyway. He probly watches an hour of football a week.

Cullpecker may not be 100% and yeah he went 5-12 but 5 TD's is sick you gotta give him that.

Your still my boy dan.

This is pissin me off <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="70%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>vBulletin Message</TD></TR><TR><TD class=panelsurround align=middle>
<!-- main error message -->
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to LtFinFan66 again.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

OpIv37
10-02-2007, 02:41 PM
a win by 3 points at home over the Jets means we're playoff-bound now?

I hope these national media types don't sprain an ankle jumping off the bandwagon after our next loss. These idiots are always the first ones to talk up a team after some success and the first ones to jump down their throats after the loss. They just need a story.

Mitchy moo
10-02-2007, 02:42 PM

I hope these national media types don't sprain an ankle jumping off the bandwagon after our next loss. These idiots are always the first ones to talk up a team after some success and the first ones to jump down their throats after the loss. They just need a story.

Regardless, we should be ahead of the jets on principle alone.

tat2dmike77
10-02-2007, 02:46 PM

I listened to WGR on the internet after the game and some callers were calling in and saying playoffs to. My cousin called me later to see how i am doing an of course we talked about the game and well this is how it went.

me-"So i'm listening to WGR and some moron called in saying the bills could make the playoffs this season"

Cousin-"WHAT!!! Is that guy smoking crack?"

Me-"I Dunno dude. Look you know how i'm a homer and i always try to find the bright side in everything"

Cousin-"Oh yeah mike you are a homer but it's cool"

Me-"Yeah well even i know this team will be lucky to win 5 games this year"

Cousin-"Your right about that dude."

Mitchy moo
10-02-2007, 02:48 PM
We we're the last team to start 0-3 and make the playoffs, different team mind you.

OpIv37
10-02-2007, 02:52 PM
I listened to WGR on the internet after the game and some callers were calling in and saying playoffs to. My cousin called me later to see how i am doing an of course we talked about the game and well this is how it went.

me-"So i'm listening to WGR and some moron called in saying the bills could make the playoffs this season"

Cousin-"WHAT!!! Is that guy smoking crack?"

Me-"I Dunno dude. Look you know how i'm a homer and i always try to find the bright side in everything"

Cousin-"Oh yeah mike you are a homer but it's cool"

Me-"Yeah well even i know this team will be lucky to win 5 games this year"

Cousin-"Your right about that dude."

you and/or your cousin should be writing for ESPN- you're both smarter than whoever wrote that article.

I suppose that sometime in the future, it's possible for Lynch, Edwards and Evans to become the second coming of Thurman, Jimbo and Reed, but it sure as hell isn't going to happen in time for us to make the playoffs this year.

tat2dmike77
10-02-2007, 03:00 PM
you and/or your cousin should be writing for ESPN- you're both smarter than whoever wrote that article.

Dude my girlfriend should be writing for ESPN and she knows jack about pro football and she would be smarter then whoever wrote this article.

She won 200 bucks last year picking teams in a football pool. Get this she picked the winner based on weather. Thats right weather and she won a good amount of her games.

tat2dmike77
10-02-2007, 03:01 PM
We we're the last team to start 0-3 and make the playoffs, different team mind you.

Well if the bills make the playoffs i will give you rep till your over 15,000

Mitchy moo
10-02-2007, 03:13 PM

I'm in!!

justasportsfan
10-02-2007, 03:16 PM
If he keeps making crappy threads he'll get more negative reps than you can give pos reps . Good luck.

Mr. Pink
10-02-2007, 03:16 PM

If the Bills miss the playoffs can we rep him til he's -15.000?

gil
10-02-2007, 03:17 PM
for skooby...(starting at like :30)

<object height="350" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="350" width="425"></object>

JD
10-02-2007, 03:22 PM
You all are overreacting. He is saying that these three are the best we've seen since Kelly, Reed and Thomas. He didnt say we were making the postseason this year, he said if they keep it up we will soon.