PDA

View Full Version : Dallas- Buffalo Matchup from Dallas News!

Wally The Barber
10-02-2007, 01:43 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/100207dnspocowrail.3762f42.html

Mitchy moo
10-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Why the Cowboys lose
Rookie quarterback Trent Edwards showed poise in last week's victory over the New York Jets. Edwards completed 22 of 28 passes for 234 yards with one touchdown pass and one interception. Edwards' calm seemed to inspire the Bills' offense.

Hmmmm...... Unbiased & honest.

Wally The Barber
10-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Why the Cowboys lose
Rookie quarterback Trent Edwards showed poise in last week's victory over the New York Jets. Edwards completed 22 of 28 passes for 234 yards with one touchdown pass and one interception. Edwards' calm seemed to inspire the Bills' offense.

Hmmmm...... Unbiased & honest.

Wade Phillips in Buffalo...lucky thing there is no snow or Wade would catch one in the head!

tat2dmike77
10-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Quincy Carter whatever happened to him?

Wally The Barber
10-02-2007, 04:00 PM

Good question!

gr8slayer
10-02-2007, 04:01 PM
The local radio guys aren't taking the Bills lightly. They are calling this a trap game.

Billzz
10-02-2007, 04:31 PM

Wasn't he removed from the Jets for a undisclosed reason which later turned out to be illegal substance in his system? He then failed another test I believe so my best guess as to where he is atm? Crack House.

shelby
10-02-2007, 04:41 PM
i love being the underdog.

Tell me these guys aren't pumped up to finally play a Monday night game after a 13 year draught!
:gobills:

casdhf
10-02-2007, 05:34 PM
i love being the underdog.

Tell me these guys aren't pumped up to finally play a Monday night game after a 13 year draught!
:gobills: Then you've been in your glory for the last 8 years.

TunaFanForever
10-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Dallas fan here...

Yeah-the DFW media is by and large fair and objective(if anything, they can be somewhat negative leaning toward the Cowboys)-I guess that's a GOOD thing b/c 1) It keeps the Cowboys focused, and 2) Objectivity is head and shoulders above everything.

Personally-I'm NOT taking this game lightly either, especially after reading alot about this Trent Edwards guy. I didn't see the game against the Jets, but I have to admit I was impressed by his poise in the pocket.

Yasgur's Farm
10-02-2007, 06:31 PM
I didn't see the game against the Jets, but I have to admit I was impressed by his poise in the pocket.How can you be impressed if you didn't see it? I smell BS. :cgal:

YardRat
10-02-2007, 06:34 PM
I thought Carter ended up in jail.

TunaFanForever
10-02-2007, 06:37 PM
How can you be impressed if you didn't see it? I smell BS. :cgal:

Internet is your best friend.(And I read the Pats board too-even they've said alot of nice things about Edwards)

But yeah-I did a google search on this guy, and read some articles-Bill Walsh recommended him to the Bills' FO, his poise in the pocket and quick release, etc.

Seriously-this is going to be a tough game.

boys4life01
10-02-2007, 06:55 PM
I thought Carter ended up in jail.

Quincy Carter Plays Arena Football for Shreveport, LA. He was putting up some big numbers last year,, then he got suspended,,, Guess what for?

Yep,,,,, Smokin that sh1t.... Him and Ricky Williams should go to rehab and become public speakers for Narcotics Anonymous groups.

Mitchy moo
10-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Internet is your best friend.(And I read the Pats board too-even they've said alot of nice things about Edwards)

But yeah-I did a google search on this guy, and read some articles-Bill Walsh recommended him to the Bills' FO, his poise in the pocket and quick release, etc.

Seriously-this is going to be a tough game.

Gotta like a guy that is doing his homework, thx. You guys have a great team and we have been looking forward to a monday night game for many years. Hopefully it will be a great game.

DynaPaul
10-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Come on people, we all know the real reason Dallas is going to lose is because Wade doesn't wear a headset!

gr8slayer
10-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Come on people, we all know the real reason Dallas is going to lose is because Wade doesn't wear a headset!
He does now....

TunaFanForever
10-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Gotta like a guy that is doing his homework, thx. You guys have a great team and we have been looking forward to a monday night game for many years. Hopefully it will be a great game.

Thanks man-Like I said, if anything, I hope Dallas doesn't look ahead to NE in a couple of weeks(Frankly, I don't think we're QUITE there yet-I'm not too high on us beating the Pats-sure, they're cheaters, but they ARE the cream of the crop).

BTW-what you're going through with Losman/Edwards was alot like how we went through with Bledsoe/Romo-when Bledsoe was starting, he would take too many sacks, he would always try to play it safe, he was too passive-ultimately, our entire team would become demoralized over the long haul. Then comes Romo-his play and leadership just energizes the entire team.

Looks like that's exactly what's happening with Edwards coming in-all of a sudden, the entire team is getting a much needed shot in the arm.

Personally-I'm a big Losman fan myself b/c he went to my alma mater(Tulane U).