PDA

View Full Version : meet our new captain well at least for Oct. Jochen Hecht

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-02-2007, 07:40 PM
By a player vote, your captain for the month of October is Jochen Hecht.

Head coach Lindy Ruff just disclosed that the captaincy would indeed rotate and that Hecht will be wearing the "C" for at least the opening month of the season.

Ruff said that the players decided to rotate the captaincy as it creates a competition that everyone can strive for.

No word on the alternate captains.

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=307362

RockStar36
10-02-2007, 07:43 PM
I was never a fan of the rotating deal but I guess if the players want it that way it's for the best. I never thought about it making them work harder.

churchinski
10-02-2007, 07:54 PM
By a player vote, your captain for the month of October is Jochen Hecht.

Head coach Lindy Ruff just disclosed that the captaincy would indeed rotate and that Hecht will be wearing the "C" for at least the opening month of the season.

Ruff said that the players decided to rotate the captaincy as it creates a competition that everyone can strive for.

No word on the alternate captains.

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=307362

That is sort of what scares me about Ruff.

Hecht , I like him as a player, but he's more lunchpail than not , and that's ok because you need that element.

But Ruff has too much of a bias toward those style players and a style of play that didn't take full advantage of the skill this team had in the playoffs.

The prominent role given to a player like Zubrus on a rare team like the Sabres had last year is a prime example.

That was so ridiculous it wasn't even funny.

Ruff's gameplan in the ECF did more to shut down our offense than Ottawa did.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-02-2007, 11:47 PM
"Jochen does everything," Ruff said this afternoon in HSBC Arena. "He plays in every situation. He's got a strong voice in the room, and he's been through all the battles with us. He's been there. I think he'll be good with the younger players. I think it's well deserved."

Hecht was also captain on his team in Germany when the lock-out was on

shelby
10-03-2007, 04:31 AM
Hecht :hungry:

YardRat
10-03-2007, 05:14 AM
I don't like rotating the C. Pick one and go with it.

churchinski
10-03-2007, 06:45 AM
"Jochen does everything," Ruff said this afternoon in HSBC Arena. "He plays in every situation. He's got a strong voice in the room, and he's been through all the battles with us. He's been there. I think he'll be good with the younger players. I think it's well deserved."

Hecht was also captain on his team in Germany when the lock-out was onI really don't care who Ruff gives the C to.

To me that's no more significant than a cub scout badge.

All I want is for Ruff to get his head out of his a** after that playoff debacle vs Ottawa.

JD
10-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Why not rotate the C? It makes people step up to fulfill bigger roles and produce.

RockStar36
10-03-2007, 11:55 AM
If it really worked out so well wouldn't all the other teams do it?

pyrrhonist
10-03-2007, 05:13 PM
I agree with YardRat.
Obviously, Teppo being out changed the 'C' situation tremendously.

Philagape
10-03-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm fine with whatever they choose to do because they know their players better than I do.

Night Train
10-04-2007, 05:27 AM
Once the puck is dropped, who cares ?