PDA

View Full Version : POLLOCK: Edwards makes a strong case as Bills' quarterback

Mitchy moo
10-02-2007, 09:28 PM
ORCHARD PARK - Shortly after the Bills' 17-14 victory over the Jets on Sunday afternoon at The Ralph, a mediatype who should have known better, eyed Trent Edwards' passing statistics and allowed, "You know, Losman would have done the same thing."

Oh, really.
In fairness, his inference was that the Jets' defensive scheme was so flawed that any Buffalo quarterback, including Todd Collins, would have carved it up.

But I disagree.

There's a reason why a permanent change is in the offing at Buffalo's most critical offensive position.

In short, Edwards did what J.P. Losman couldn't do ... make the medium passing game work.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=photo-left>
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=photo-left></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
For obvious reasons, Bills' players won't make a direct comparison between the two.

But when they talk about Edwards, the 6-foot-4, 230-pound rookie, the first word is "poise" and the second is "command," specifically in the huddle.

Those are two of the most fundamental but intangible traits of being a special quarterback.

http://oleantimesherald.com/articles/2007/10/02/sports/doc47027968c276d126211562.txt

G. Host
10-03-2007, 12:02 AM
Pollock is one of the best writers on Bills Beat now.

YardRat
10-03-2007, 05:39 AM
I can't wait until Monday night.

BlackMetalNinja
10-03-2007, 06:06 AM
Pollock is one of the best writers on Bills Beat now.

He's also a pretty nice guy! That's my hometown paper (well, not my actual hometown, but it's the only thing close) and I've met him and talked to him a few times. For a small town paper, the guys at the Times Herald do a pretty good job of trying to write impartial articles.