X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Bomber
    • Jul 2002

Wow, SO many Trent vs. JP threads

I read every thread on this board every day. You may notice that I give feedback (, Thanks, or as appropriate), but I don't post unless I feel strongly about things.

I just want to post something to put a little moderation on things.

Yes, Trent Edwards had a really good game vs. the Jests.

I'm not ready to anoint him as Messiah just yet.

JP was very disappointing in the first two games; I don't have a lot of confidence in him. He looked clueless against some very good defenses. He looked like he had regressed compared to the last half of last year...that deer in the headlights look. Couldn't hit the short route....is it possible that the same receivers that Trent was hitting last Sunday were actually open and he didn't see them? I don't know...

Trent Edwards had a great game against the very overrated Jets. I would love to see him have a great game against the Cowboys. That would go a long way toward me believing that he may be the future. But the knee-jerk posts of some people (I won't name names) that have him as the next Joe Montana are just, IMHO, a little premature. He could very well come out and stink up the place on Monday night. As a Bills fan, I hope he SHINES.

No matter who the QB is, I ALWAYS hope that they play well and lead the Bills to victory.

We need to show a little restraint and tone the TE vs. JP arguments down just a little bit.

...just my :
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Wow, SO many Trent vs. JP threads

Who are JP and Trent never heard of them

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Nicely said MB.

Too many people are more concerned with being "right" about the QB than they are the Bills doing well and winning.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

JP Edwards and Trent Losman are two swell guys!

Craig Nall could be our QB as long as we're winning games.

Comment

• Billscusey
          • Nov 2004

Uh, ok.....except that this is a DISCUSSION board! I'd say debating the quarterback situation of our favourite football team is EXACTLY what we should be doing here!

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
            I read every thread on this board every day. You may notice that I give feedback (, Thanks, or as appropriate), but I don't post unless I feel strongly about things.

I just want to post something to put a little moderation on things.

Yes, Trent Edwards had a really good game vs. the Jests.

I'm not ready to anoint him as Messiah just yet.

JP was very disappointing in the first two games; I don't have a lot of confidence in him. He looked clueless against some very good defenses. He looked like he had regressed compared to the last half of last year...that deer in the headlights look. Couldn't hit the short route....is it possible that the same receivers that Trent was hitting last Sunday were actually open and he didn't see them? I don't know...

Trent Edwards had a great game against the very overrated Jets. I would love to see him have a great game against the Cowboys. That would go a long way toward me believing that he may be the future. But the knee-jerk posts of some people (I won't name names) that have him as the next Joe Montana are just, IMHO, a little premature. He could very well come out and stink up the place on Monday night. As a Bills fan, I hope he SHINES.

No matter who the QB is, I ALWAYS hope that they play well and lead the Bills to victory.

We need to show a little restraint and tone the TE vs. JP arguments down just a little bit.

...just my :
            Completely agree. It was one game. I liked everything that I saw from him except for a few bad throws. JP has been bad this year so far. Thats the facts. But, does that mean we should give the team to the rookie? based on one game? I cant say that. Does that mean Trent is the next Joe Montana? Its foolish to even go there at this point. I think the key is what he does in this game. If he can play lights out again, win or lose, I think the job is his. But lets not forget Trent also looked pretty bad against NE. If he regresses, Im not sure we should stick with Trent. JP had some good games too.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I wouldn't expect Edwards to shine Monday Night...I just hope he plays well enough to help the team pull out a W.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billscusey
                favourite
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• churchinski
                  Senior Zoner
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Mad Bomber

...just my :
                  Hah

I don't see a reason, let alone a need, to have anyone restrain their opinion on something like who is the better QB on a football team.

How could there possible be a need for something like that ?

Just what do you think will happen if people continue to freely speak thier opinion ?

Do you expecting an arrest or some sort of natural catastrophe ?
                  Last edited by churchinski; 10-03-2007, 06:48 AM.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Who compares Trent to Montana already?

That's about ******ed as the Lickers comparing JP to Steve Young, Manning, Montana, Favre, Kelly etc...

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

Great posting MB. Totally agree I dont even come in here much lately because of that reason.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Too many attention whores want to have their own thread.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

May the best man win the job. I want them both to do well, and don't care who is the starter.

I just want the Bills to. win.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            May the best man win the job. I want them both to do well, and don't care who is the starter.

I just want the Bills to. win.
                            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

my biggest concern with trent is that when he came out of college, he had an injury bug. i hope that is not the case, but a good qb who is always hurt doesnt help anyone either.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X