X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lunatic_bills_fan
    • Oct 2002

How about Dayne

5:09 PT: The Star Ledger reports if the New York Giants tried to trade RB Ron Dayne, he may only net a sixth- or seventh-round draft pick in return. The Giants could try to deal him for a conditional 2004 draft pick, with the possibility of getting a higher pick depending on Dayne's production

This is a smash mouth running back. For a 6th rounder or so, he would offer a nice change of pace to Travis Henry, or do we already have this with Morris and Crosby?
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

If only for a 6-7th rounder, I'd bring him in just to be the goal line power guy, ala Zack Crocket. He knows he'll never be the #1 back so there's no controversy there.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

NO NO N O NO NO NO NO NO! Go Bills!

Comment

• mush69
        • Jan 2003

If there is any team that can ruin a hiesman trophy winner it is the Giants. Let him go somewhere over the rainbow, Dallas would be good for him.
        Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Dayne was never really all that great. Yes, he came out of U of Wisconsin as an NCAA all time rushing leader and won the Heisman. But he was always really just a north and south power running with no finesse.

Like I said, I wouldn't mind bringing him in as a goal line back as well as some spot duty relief for Henry, but never come close to threatening Henry for the starter job.

Comment

• TedMock
            • Jul 2002

He actually failed to get it done in goal line situations which is why he fell out of favor. Henry is more of a power back than a speedster anyway. He's obviously faster than Dayne and can go around the corner but he's more strength than speed. I'd prefer a "scat back" type as the change of pace.

Comment

• simpletask400
              • Mar 2003

The spaz has the best point, he took the words right out of my mouth.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Damn right...lol Go Bills!

Comment

Working...
                X