2001 Patriots won with young QB and street free agents for defense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jack1022
    • Jan 2006

2001 Patriots won with young QB and street free agents for defense.

2001 Patriots won with young QB replacing Vet and street free agents for defense.

Why can't we do it....Why not us.. It's not the first time...long shot sure, but not heard of before either.
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

Re: 2001 Patriots won with young QB and street free agents for defense.

Stop getting our Hopes up!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by jack1022
      2001 Patriots won with young QB replacing Vet and street free agents for defense.

Why can't we do it....Why not us.. It's not the first time...long shot sure, but not heard of before either.
      The "young QB" turned out to be one of the best ever. That defense was helped by a rookie named Richard Seymour who ended up being one of the best DL in the NFL. They had a future HOF'er at CB (Law), a SS who was one of the best in the NFL at the time (Milloy) and a strong LB crew (Vrabel, Bruschi, Ted Johnson, Roman Phifer, Bryan Cox) that might have been the best unit in the NFL. They had the must clutch kicker in NFL history and a HOF Head Coach.

That 2001 Patriots team had a lot more going for it than might initially seem apparent.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by NE39
        The "young QB" turned out to be one of the best ever. That defense was helped by a rookie named Richard Seymour who ended up being one of the best DL in the NFL. They had a future HOF'er at CB (Law), a SS who was one of the best in the NFL at the time (Milloy) and a strong LB crew (Vrabel, Bruschi, Ted Johnson, Roman Phifer, Bryan Cox) that might have been the best unit in the NFL. They had the must clutch kicker in NFL history and a HOF Head Coach.

That 2001 Patriots team had a lot more going for it than might initially seem apparent.
        Please leave facts out of our dreams.

Thank you.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

...and they cheated

Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Edwards could end up being like Brady, no one expected Brady to be Brady.

Whitner could play like Milloy.

McCargo, Schobel, Kelsay can turn things around like Seymour did.

Crowell, Dig, Haggan? hmmmm maybe.

Greer is a playmaker at CB and cover corner. Certainly could end up with many picks like Law.

Thats a lot of things that have to happen but its not impossible.

Damn you Jack for making me a believer

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Romes
              ...and they cheated

You know I've been waiting for this response from the moment I made the original post. I'm actually heartened that it took this long.

Comment

• Romes
                • Jul 2002

You know I've been waiting for this response from the moment I made the original post. I'm actually heartened that it took this long.
                happy to ablige

Unfortunatley for you I don't think it'll get old for us Bills fans for a while.
                Originally posted by paladin warrior
                RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jack1022

For starters, the 2001 Pats had better coaches and didn't start the year 1-3 with 3 conference losses. You're keying on the few similarities and ignoring the plethora of differences.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

Plus they were cheating and had questionable help from the officials. That helped a lot too.

Comment

• raphael120
                      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                      • Oct 2005

Ugh...why do people always want to compare things to Jim Kelly, etc... and the Pats to make themselves feel better?

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Romes
                        happy to ablige

Unfortunatley for you I don't think it'll get old for us Bills fans for a while.
                        That's OK, it really doesn't bother me. I'd probably do the same thing if the shoe were on the other foot.

I actually want the cheating allegations and stories to say alive. It has been a tremendous motivational force for the Pats this year, and I want it to keep being so. The more people put down their accomplishments, the better the team seems to play on the field.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          For starters, the 2001 Pats had better coaches and didn't start the year 1-3 with 3 conference losses. You're keying on the few similarities and ignoring the plethora of differences.
                          Ahhhhh.... thats Better! Thanks OP!

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            Oh yeah, I'll bet BB's W/L wasn't all that great.
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                              • Jul 2002

They had 1 thing going for them.

The tuck rule. The magical rule that allowed the Patriots to win the post 9/11 superbowl, and not only was never heard of before but has never been heard of since.
                              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

Working...
                              X