PDA

View Full Version : Hargrove Not On 53-Man Roster Yet

justasportsfan
10-03-2007, 01:37 PM
The Buffalo Bills have taken defensive end Anthony Hargrove off of the reserve-suspended list after serving four weeks for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

However, instead of activating him the club has chosen to place him on an exempt list. When a player comes off a suspension an NFL club has the option to put said player on an exempt list for one week before returning the player to the active roster

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5346

OpIv37
10-03-2007, 01:38 PM
oh you've got to be kidding me.

We need this guy to play.

Mitchy moo
10-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Is he even practicing??

M
10-03-2007, 01:44 PM
:wtf:

Does putting him on the exempt list now preclude them from activating him for Monday's game?

TigerJ
10-03-2007, 01:52 PM
The exempt list allows him to fully participate in team practices. The Bills have until Monday at 4 PM to activate him or release him. They are most likely being cautious and want to see if he is fit to play the game. Chris Brown seems confident they will activate him and put Kevin Harrison on IR.

Mitchy moo
10-03-2007, 01:53 PM
The exempt list allows him to fully participate in team practices. The Bills have until Monday at 4 PM to activate him or release him. They are most likely being cautious and want to see if he is fit to play the game. Chris Brown seems confident they will activate him and put Kevin Harrison on IR.

Phew......:bow:

OpIv37
10-03-2007, 01:55 PM

that makes me feel better. It gives the team a chance to observe him and activate him only if he stayed in shape and he's ready.

We really need him on the field and ready to play though. It would be great if Ellison was ready as well.

Jan Reimers
10-03-2007, 04:31 PM
With our shortage of quality DEs, I doubt that Hargrove will be released - unless the Bills are very unhappy with his suspension and night club incident in Rochester.

cocamide
10-03-2007, 04:36 PM
If you read the article it doesn't sound like a such a big deal.

djjimkelly
10-03-2007, 05:42 PM
oh you've got to be kidding me.

We need this guy to play.

more proof this organization is becoming clueless i refuse to believe this guy wouldnt be the 3rd DE and refuse to beleive he wouldnt be a top special teams performer.

this organization is FOS from top to bottom!!!!!

ALL THIS BEING SAID I THINK WE KEEP HIM. LOL

bills&sabresmvf
10-03-2007, 05:47 PM
They have until Monday at 4 to activate him. Trust me their backup DE is the freaking long snapper. They are just being cautious. Say they activate him now and he gets hurt in practice (hamstring or something). They will activiate him no doubt. They need him. He's going to be so pumped up, he always plays with high energy.

hydro
10-03-2007, 05:49 PM

Im not so sure about this. I heard on WGR that they have until Friday to activate him and the reason they haven't yet is also in case he gets injured. Thats what Paul Hamilton said any way...

zone
10-03-2007, 06:41 PM
We need to activate him NOW! We could actually have a pass rush this week if he is in there.

G. Host
10-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Look at the over reacting! It is almost as if everyone established their reputations on Hargrove by calling themselves AH for the Defense members

B-DON
10-03-2007, 07:53 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Arc5u.eTnsiOZadpHkwTuyE5nYcB?slug=ap-bills-edwards&prov=ap&type=lgns

The Bills could get back one player on Sunday: reserve defensive end Anthony Hargrove, who finished serving the NFL's four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

The Bills have not yet decided to activate Hargrove, although he has returned to practice. The Bills have until Monday afternoon to make a decision whether to activate or release him.

Jauron said he's pleased Hargrove stayed in condition while he was suspended, but added the player is not yet in game shape.

"We're pulling for him," Jauron said. "He's a very likable guy, a guy you want to have everything to go well for him. We're in his corner."

Hargrove said he'll be playing after he practiced with the Bills first special teams unit.

"Look for me. If we're kicking off first, I'll be out there getting this thing bumping and jumping," Hargrove said. "Monday night, prime-time TV: That's nothing but setting the stage for me."

And he was thankful the Bills stuck by him during his suspension.

"This is a gift. Not everybody gets to play this game," he said. "They gave me a second chance. They believe in me. And I don't want to let them down."

TigerJ
10-03-2007, 07:57 PM
"Buffalo has until Monday at 4pm to either activate Hargrove or release him. With linebacker Kevin Harrisonhttp://buffalobills.com/images/relatedicon.gif (http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5346#)'s season-ending ACL injury last Sunday he'll likely be placed on injured reserve soon. It's expected that if Hargrove is activated he will eventually assume Harrison's spot on the 53-man roster."

Sixth paragraph down in the Chris Brown article. I don't know that Chris Brown is infallible in these matters, but since he's a lot closer to the Bills organization than Paul Hamilton, I think he makes sure he has a pretty good handle on the technicalities of activation from the various lists that the league maintains.

Ickybaluky
10-03-2007, 08:12 PM
This is a procedural move. The Patriots did the same thing with Rodney Harrison today.

It just means he is exempt from counting toward the roster until they decide to activate him. They have until Monday to make a decision to activate him. They can observe him in practice and see where he is at.

YardRat
10-03-2007, 09:06 PM
I have no problem with the FO playing it this way. What's the big deal? They've got plenty of time to activate him.

TigerJ
10-03-2007, 10:27 PM
With our shortage of quality DEs, I doubt that Hargrove will be released - unless the Bills are very unhappy with his suspension and night club incident in Rochester.

The quote from Jauron indicates the Bills really do like him and want him to be part of the team's future. Something very wrong would have to happen for them not to activate him.