PDA

View Full Version : Adams can't wait to create havoc!

The Spaz
03-25-2003, 08:41 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030325/1034506.asp

NFL
Adams can't wait to create havoc
By ALLEN WILSON
News Sports Reporter
3/25/2003

PHOENIX - When Sam Adams lines up at defensive tackle for the Buffalo Bills this fall, his job will be plain and simple.
"I get to come off the pill (the football) and destroy everything I touch," Adams said Monday, a day after agreeing to a four-year contract. "That's what I've got to do, come off the pill, seek and destroy. The last time I checked, I hadn't seen many guys who can do it better. In fact, I haven't seen any."

He has a point.

The two-time Pro Bowler has been one of the most dominant defensive linemen in the NFL for most of his nine-year career, which includes stints in Seattle, Baltimore and Oakland.

Adams is counting on Buffalo being a permanent stop. He rebuffed overtures from other teams because he wanted a chance to play with close friend and fellow Texas A&M alum Pat Williams and work with defensive line coach Tim Krumrie.

Adams added that Bills fans played a role in him coming to Buffalo. Based on the games he played in Ralph Wilson Stadium, he was struck by the passion of the 12th Man.

"The fans in Buffalo are awesome," said Adams, who plans to live in Ted Washington's Buffalo-area home. "You come from a place like Oakland, the only other place you can go is Buffalo to find the fans that players want to play for. From the moment I stepped off the plane in Buffalo until I left, I just said, "I can't wait to get back here and start working with my teammates and doing my part to help this team win the Super Bowl.' "

Adams thinks the Bills have the pieces in place to make a run at the championship. He joins linebackers Takeo Spikes and Jeff Posey, defensive end Keith McKenzie and safety Izell Reese as free agents who are expected to revamp a defense that ranked 29th against the run and last in takeaways last season.

He sounds like he is going to work hard but saying and doing are different. I hope he goes out there and tears people up! Go Bills!

venis2k1
03-25-2003, 08:45 AM
I dont know what makes me happier...That we got him here in Buffalo, or that we got him here on TDs terms.

The Spaz
03-25-2003, 09:16 AM
What noone likes this article!?:) Go Bills!

Buffarama
03-25-2003, 09:17 AM
I love it Spaz! We've got something really special working here.

lunatic_bills_fan
03-25-2003, 09:25 AM
Statements like this coming from a guy like this, will most definitely spread to other players. If this guy comes to camp and turns it up a notch, it will have remarkable affects on the rest of the team. Man I wish they were starting tommorrow!!!

Buffarama
03-25-2003, 09:29 AM
Man the draft hasn't even happened yet, and everyone veins are popping out of their necks. Wow!

BillsNYC
03-25-2003, 09:31 AM
it speaks for itself spaz....it speaks...for itself......

The Spaz
03-25-2003, 09:33 AM
yes.....yes it does....lol:) Go Bills!

Gunzlingr
03-25-2003, 09:40 AM
"Adams added that Bills fans played a role in him coming to Buffalo. Based on the games he played in Ralph Wilson Stadium, he was struck by the passion of the 12th Man. "

This says a lot, IMO. Bills fans have to be the best! Why else would Takeo and Sam mention the fans?

Stewie
03-25-2003, 09:41 AM
I LOVE THE BILLS!

:hubba:

The Spaz
03-25-2003, 09:42 AM
Your damn right were the best!:) Go Bills!

pmoon6
03-25-2003, 09:47 AM
I'm starting to get that early '90s feeling

venis2k1
03-25-2003, 09:49 AM
Man i cant wait for the season.

Voltron
03-25-2003, 09:49 AM
The anticipation for this season is killing me. I feel like a kid counting down the days till christmas!

:D

Cntrygal
03-25-2003, 10:22 AM
AWESOME! I rate this thread a :10:

well.. really 5 stars. :D

lordofgun
03-25-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by pmoon6
I'm starting to get that early '90s feeling

You and me both! :up:

Tatonka
03-25-2003, 10:57 AM
"I get to come off the pill (the football) and destroy everything I touch," Adams said Monday, a day after agreeing to a four-year contract. "That's what I've got to do, come off the pill, seek and destroy. The last time I checked, I hadn't seen many guys who can do it better. In fact, I haven't seen any."

that is what i am talking about... money player my ass.. this guy has passion.. and he is ready to bring it.. i love him more already.

Crinoline
03-25-2003, 10:59 AM
This season can't come soon enough.

Go Bills!!!

SABURZFAN
03-25-2003, 11:03 AM
i hope ricky williams is listening.:snicker:

Tatonka
03-25-2003, 11:05 AM
:chuk:

don137
03-25-2003, 11:06 AM
If he creates as much havoc during the season as he did on this board for the last three weeks he will be a pro bowler. It is great to hear him say that stuff instead of show me the money.

If we can stay healthy and the defense can gel with all the new players we definately are looking at a bad draft position for 2004 :D

Tatonka
03-25-2003, 11:07 AM
maybe his agent gave him a PR lesson after the feed my family comment?

Captain gameboy
03-25-2003, 01:40 PM
WOW.
Deserved recongnition.
From Don Beebe a few years ago, on a Chicago talk show.
"Don, of the teams you've played for, and assuming the Packers win the Super Bowl, what was your favorite team."
Beebe. "Once a Bill always a Bill."

The Spaz
03-25-2003, 01:49 PM
I always liked Don Beebe!:) Go Bills!

OpIv37
03-25-2003, 02:04 PM
I'm with everyone on the anticipation- I don't know what I'm going to do with myself until September (raging Hunter S. Thompson-style drug bender perhaps?).

I'm glad Adams is pumped and this team will be a contender. But one thing concerns me: do we want to motivate other teams by talking Super Bowl 6 months befor opening kickoff?

That being said, I have more optimism going into this season than I've had since the early 90's and I'm looking forward to watching Adams destroy everything in his path, particularly Miami Dolphins

ublinkwescore
03-25-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
:chuk:

Indeed!

The_Philster
03-25-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by gameboy
WOW.
Deserved recongnition.
"Don, of the teams you've played for, and assuming the Packers win the Super Bowl, what was your favorite team."

He was at a Bills-Packers game a few years ago here in Buffalo and a few of his old Packers teammates actually asked him who he was rooting for that day. :snicker:

BillsNYC
03-25-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by gameboy
WOW.
Deserved recongnition.

as a bills fan that may be the coolest thing i've ever heard!!!!

:fabulous:

BillsMan80
03-25-2003, 08:15 PM
For anyone who said Big Sam was lazy, they need to read this, because it shows a man on a mission.

lordofgun
03-25-2003, 08:24 PM
But he WAS lazy. I'm hoping that changes this year. Sounds like he's on the right track.

venis2k1
03-25-2003, 09:55 PM
It sounds like he wants to get in shape...And if he does, That would be a scary thing.