• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Miffed Wilfork appeals low-hit fine

From today's Boston Herald:

Vince Wilfork decided to take on the NFL’s disciplinary wing, as he is appealing the $12,500 fine he incurred for the low hit on Buffalo Bills quarterback J.P. Losman on Sept. 23.

Wilfork revealed his intention to appeal the fine during his regular appearance on WEEI’s “Dale & Holley” show yesterday. The Pats nose tackle still believes he’s being unjustly portrayed as a dirty player because of the hit. He contends his elbow flung into Losman’s knee because he was pushed from behind and he had no control. He also believes he was dealt with too harshly by the NFL.

“I’ve sent it back to the league and I’m going to appeal it, hands down, I’m going to appeal it,” Wilfork said during the show. “The only thing people have against me is they question my arm. A lot of people want to question why my arm went out. I tell them the same thing. If I sit here and push you from behind, see what your arms do?

“But I’m moving forward with it. I’m very positive. My fans understand me. My wife understands me. I could care less what critics say about me. When you win, they love you. When you lose, they can make a name for themselves. I know that roller coaster ride. I have a valid reason out there (for an appeal). It all depends on how they look at it.”
    Can't say I blame him. I thought it kind of severe considering he was shoved and off-balance when he fell into Losman.
  • Whaler53
    • Sep 2007

Re: Vince Wilfork to appeal fine for low hit on J.P. Losman

I agree NE39, 100%

good for him, he should appeal the fine, it was a silly fine anyhow. especcially since the thing that caused him to go into Lossman was an illegal block anyhow.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Its actually kind of silly that his fine was only 7K more than Dockerys for wearing the wrong color underwear.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Me thinks thou doth protest too much. STILL!
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

For those who have their sigs turned off..check out this pic. Freeze frames from the video. JP's feet are in the same spot. If he didn't jutt his elbow out further into JP's knee, it should've come down between JP's feet.
          He threw his elbow out beyond the safe landing position, which turned his whole body (ass facing camera in the right pic) and now he's crying about being fined? What a loser.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I'm with mybills on this one- instead of trying to pull his arm close to his body (to avoid a wrist or shoulder injury) he extended it STRAIGHT towards Losman's knee.

Also, if he was pushed, where's the guy that pushed him? Seems to me he had a good 3 yards to try to fall away from Losman but made no effort to do that despite the ball being long gone. Initially, I didn't think it was that late, but when I watched the replay, it was clear that Losman had thrown the ball and even took a half step back and moved his upper body after the throw.

He was way late and extended his elbow RIGHT at the knee.

The appeal is just to save face and play the "I got screwed" card to avoid a reputation as a dirty player.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• MikeInRoch
              • Sep 2003

The only people I hear indicating that it wasn't dirty are New England fans. I think that's telling.
              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Ive said numerous times its not dirty, so has FTY and Devin
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

None of you have good perspective.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                    None of you have good perspective.

thanks for the compliment
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      thanks for the compliment
                      Thanks for the laugh

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills
                        Thanks for the laugh

anytime
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Miffed Wilfork appeals low-hit fine

Vince Wilfork decided to take on the NFL’s disciplinary wing, as he is appealing the $12,500 fine he incurred for the low hit on Buffalo Bills quarterback J.P. Losman on Sept. 23.

Wilfork revealed his intention to appeal the fine during his regular appearance on WEEI’s “Dale & Holley” show yesterday. The Pats nose tackle still believes he’s being unjustly portrayed as a dirty player because of the hit. He contends his elbow flung into Losman’s knee because he was pushed from behind and he had no control. He also believes he was dealt with too harshly by the NFL.

he's an idiot.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                            • Sep 2003

Re: Miffed Wilfork appeals low-hit fine

This guy is starting to believe his own BS. So he was just breaking his fall by sticking his arm out? I'd say maybe...if he was extending his hand out at the time. But instead he pulled his hand in so he would lead with his elbow. I ask you: How many people would break a fall by sticking their elbow out? That's why I know this a$$clown is lying.

Of course WEEI sports radio was reporting that Wilfork was fined for an "accidental hit" on Losman. No editorial bias there, eh?

PTR
                            10 Commandments of the D
                            1. Never stop Rocking.
                            2. Legalize all drugs.
                            3. Quit your day job.
                            4. All Religion should be taxed.
                            5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                            6. F**k her gently.
                            7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                            8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                            9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                            10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

Re: Miffed Wilfork appeals low-hit fine

WTF is wrong with him?

Comment

Working...
                              X