PDA

View Full Version : Whitner to FS

jdbillsfan
10-03-2007, 04:21 PM
With the injury to Leonard, looks like they are moving Whitner to FS and Scott to SS.

Should be interesting.

Who is supposed to line up on Whitten? Maybe Ellison will be back for that duty?

historypete
10-03-2007, 04:30 PM
If this is so, why not give Wendling some time. They drafted him for a reason. I'd rather see what he has than watching a waiver wire guy play. I think the defense is going to get shredded by Dallas anyway, considering our injuries and their talent so we might as well find out if Wendling can play.

Jan Reimers
10-03-2007, 04:36 PM
Sounds like the right move. Whitner might actually turn out to be a better FS than SS. And Scott can't cover a mattress with a sheet.

jdbillsfan
10-03-2007, 04:39 PM
If this is so, why not give Wendling some time. They drafted him for a reason. I'd rather see what he has than watching a waiver wire guy play. I think the defense is going to get shredded by Dallas anyway, considering our injuries and their talent so we might as well find out if Wendling can play.

He may get some time. So might Wilson. Should be interesting to see what they do. I doubt Scott plays the whole game.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5353

jdbillsfan
10-03-2007, 04:41 PM
Greer seems to be happy about it:

"I'm excited about seeing Donte at free," said Greer. "He plays wide open, and he has great speed for a safety. Having him back there behind me and Terrence (McGee) I know we're going to feel safe. And I know there's not a free safety in the league that's going to hit as hard as he is."

G. Host
10-03-2007, 08:17 PM
He needs to be FS with Leonhard and Simpson injured. In terms of baseball we need a center fielder.

TigerJ
10-03-2007, 08:29 PM
I didn't see anything in Chris Brown's article about Wilson and Wendling getting some reps with the defense. It makes sense though and woudn't surprise me. I could have missed it in the article too.