PDA

View Full Version : My theory on the rash of injuries.

mchurchfie
10-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Blame a lot of it on our weak defensive line. Too many Rbs are making it to the second level making for too many tackles by the secondary and even our Lbs. Just my opinion.:idunno:

YardRat
10-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Interesting.

mchurchfie
10-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Very thought inducing.

mchurchfie
10-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Also, our weak passrush is contributing to too many completions in the secondary calling, once again, for too many tackles in that area.

Yasgur's Farm
10-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Hmmmm... Imagine that.... D players being asked to tackle!!

SABURZFAN
10-03-2007, 07:30 PM
i blame draz!!!!!!! :mad:

B-DON
10-03-2007, 07:38 PM
Are you frickin kidding me? If you cant tackle get the hell out the league. What a terrible thought process.

Mad Bomber
10-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Blame a lot of it on our weak defensive line. Too many Rbs are making it to the second level making for too many tackles by the secondary and even our Lbs. Just my opinion.:idunno:
:negrep:
I hate when you're right.

I hate you. I loathe you. I despise you.

....but I think you're right.

mchurchfie
10-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Hmmmm... Imagine that.... D players being asked to tackle!!

Are you frickin kidding me? If you cant tackle get the hell out the league. What a terrible thought process.
:rolleyes:I didn't say it was because of them being asked to tackle, I was alluding to the frequency of tackles the secondary had to make compared to the norm because the big guys in the trenches weren't soaking up some of the hits. When you have 200+ lb RBs getting into your secondary at full steam and going against 180 lb corners on a frequent basis eventually they are going to realize the toll. Try opening your minds up a little boys, its not that farfetched.

Michael82
10-04-2007, 12:40 AM
What's your theory on the league wide rash of injuries? I mean, come on! It's not just Buffalo. Players are dropping like flies throughout the league! Personally, I believe that it has to do with how much bigger the players are getting and how much faster. When the little guys face those big guys, they are in for a world of hurt. I also wonder if it has something to do with all the rule changes. Players are trying to prevent penalties, but in exchange are doing something wrong to injure themselves. :idunno:

The Answer
10-04-2007, 12:43 AM

It's just bad luck - also don't forget The Answer told you that the biggest concern about 'Poz' was being injury prone and unfortunately only 2 1/4 games into the season he was lost for the rest of the year- despite that he did impress in what limited time we saw of him and let's hope he don't end up being a complete bust.

~The Answer

mybills
10-04-2007, 06:24 AM
Were you drunk when you posted this? :chuckle:

"OUR" weak defensive line? There are wide receivers, RB's, CB's and QB's injured around the league. What about them?

HHURRICANE
10-04-2007, 07:14 AM
Also, our weak passrush is contributing to too many completions in the secondary calling, once again, for too many tackles in that area.

I agree. Wait til this weekend.

mchurchfie
10-04-2007, 07:29 AM
What's your theory on the league wide rash of injuries? I mean, come on!

Were you drunk when you posted this? :chuckle:

"OUR" weak defensive line? There are wide receivers, RB's, CB's and QB's injured around the league. What about them?
:dizzy:No team other than Cinncy has been decimated by injury more than Buffalo and yes, "OUR" defensive line is weak.:dizzy: When the little guys are forced to tackle the bigger guys more than the bigger guys tackle the smaller guys then the injuries are probably going to be more frequent, its just a matter of physics. :doh:

mchurchfie
10-04-2007, 07:33 AM
What's your theory on the league wide rash of injuries? I mean, come on! When the little guys face those big guys, they are in for a world of hurt.
:dizzy:..........

When you have 200+ lb RBs getting into your secondary at full steam and going against 180 lb corners on a frequent basis eventually they are going to realize the toll.

colin
10-04-2007, 07:50 AM
i think the trend towars more speed on D gets more random body parts flying around getting broken (poz's arm, websters leg).

i also think the lax approach nearly every team has in preaseason and the lighter contact drills they run are part of it.

if teams work harder in the offseason they will lose a bit of sudden explosiveness (due to being a bit more worn down and having slightly less fresh legs) but will be more enduring and less injury prone. lt took 5 games too look like an above average RB.

madness
10-04-2007, 08:34 AM
I think it tends to lean more towards the style of the Tampa 2 defense.

A defense that's built on speed results in gang tackles and bodies flying everywhere. Chicago and Indy also aren't looking too healthy lately.

madness
10-04-2007, 08:36 AM
i think the trend towars more speed on D gets more random body parts flying around getting broken (poz's arm, websters leg).

i also think the lax approach nearly every team has in preaseason and the lighter contact drills they run are part of it.

if teams work harder in the offseason they will lose a bit of sudden explosiveness (due to being a bit more worn down and having slightly less fresh legs) but will be more enduring and less injury prone. lt took 5 games too look like an above average RB.

:goodpost: Nice, I didn't see your post.

HHURRICANE
10-04-2007, 08:42 AM
I think it tends to lean more towards the style of the Tampa 2 defense.

A defense that's built on speed results in gang tackles and bodies flying everywhere. Chicago and Indy also aren't looking too healthy lately.

Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael82
10-04-2007, 08:58 AM
:dizzy:No team other than Cinncy has been decimated by injury more than Buffalo and yes, "OUR" defensive line is weak.:dizzy: When the little guys are forced to tackle the bigger guys more than the bigger guys tackle the smaller guys then the injuries are probably going to be more frequent, its just a matter of physics. :doh:
*cough* Chicago

*cough* St Louis

:yawn:

mybills
10-04-2007, 09:01 AM
*cough* Chicago

*cough* St Louis

:yawn:
He said "more than". I think you and I read this as "our" rash of injuries.

justasportsfan
10-04-2007, 09:23 AM
The colts were the worst team in stopping the run last year. Their Lb'ers were fine.

MikeInRoch
10-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Here's a news flash: our d-line has been terrible for quite a while now - but have we been decimated by injuries like this?

Why does everyone have to find some way to blame the front office for this extreme bout of bad luck?

PECKERWOOD
10-04-2007, 10:23 AM
I think you could lay the majority of the blame on our LB's as well. The DL isn't supposed to make all the tackles, they are suppose to free up our LB's to do so. Mixture of both most likely.

mchurchfie
10-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Agreed. The Lbs are supposed to make most of the tackles. I agree also that because we have a smaller faster defense it makes us more prone to injury. Probably that combined with the the fact that our defense is on the field more than any other and most of the tackles are being made by the secondary is a big factor in our injuries. Also, the fact that our defense isn't loaded with superior athletes and they might be getting their lunch handed to them a little by superior athletes on the other side of the ball contributes a little too.

mchurchfie
10-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Here's a news flash: our d-line has been terrible for quite a while now - but have we been decimated by injuries like this?

Why does everyone have to find some way to blame the front office for this extreme bout of bad luck?
Maybe it just finally caught up to us. Where in this thread do you read anything about blaming the FO for the injuries??

MikeInRoch
10-04-2007, 02:57 PM
It's the natural next-step from your statement. My apologies if you weren't going there.

mchurchfie
10-04-2007, 03:03 PM
It's the natural next-step from your statement. My apologies if you weren't going there.
:hi5:Marv hadn't even crossed my mind.