Strength of schedule through 4 games.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Strength of schedule through 4 games.....

I know it's still early in the season but I thought I'd check out the strength of the competition these two teams have faced. The Bills' opposing teams they've faced so far are a combined 10-6, while the Cowboys are a combined 3-13. Now these numbers are skewed slightly given that a quarter of these totals are based on the outcome of their games with the respective teams. But I feel that it is worth noting that the Cowboys have played a patty cake schedule so far. Is Wade Phillips that good? Are they the NFC's version of the New England Patriots? Is Tony Romo now better than Payton Manning and Tom Brady put together? The answer to all of these questions are of course NO. The more I look at this Cowboy team, the more I think the Bills have a decent chance to pull off the upset.
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Strength of schedule through 4 games.....

Not to mention 3 of those losses come from the Jets.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Dcowboys#1
      • Sep 2007

Patriots have a combined opponent record of 4-12, WOW, one game....looks like the Patriots have had a cake walk schedule as well, guess they are not that good either.......

They are DESTROYING the teams they are supposed to, so is Dallas.
      We win games we are supposed to win, which shows Dominance in the conference.

Buffalo does not have much talent of the defensive side of the ball to handle Dallas's offensive fire power, and if you think otherwise, there is something seriously wrong.

YEAHHHHH HE MADE IT!!! YEAHHHH!!!!!!!

25-24 Dallas Cowboys WIN!!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Dcowboys#1
        Patriots have a combined opponent record of 4-12, WOW, one game....looks like the Patriots have had a cake walk schedule as well, guess they are not that good either.......

Buffalo does not have much talent of the defensive side of the ball to handle Dallas's offensive fire power, and if you think otherwise, there is something seriously wrong.
        Looking at the current talent level on the undefeated teams, would you say the eventual winner of the SB is going to come out of the NFC or the AFC??

You guys lost to a one season wonder last year because Romo couldn't hold his ball. Sounds like his cowgirl friend must of had him hit a high note and then dumped him.

Our opponent level goes up to 14-6 after this game and yours goes down to 4-16, seems a little lopsided don't you think??

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

we'll have to pray that "Butterfingers" Romo shows up this Monday.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
            Lol.

Comment

• Dcowboys#1
              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Skooby
              Looking at the current talent level on the undefeated teams, would you say the eventual winner of the SB is going to come out of the NFC or the AFC??

You guys lost to a one season wonder last year because Romo couldn't hold his ball. Sounds like his cowgirl friend must of had him hit a high note and then dumped him.
              Who cares about last season, its an entire new season now, and its clear right now who the class of the NFC is, and who its being led by......

oh, and yeah there is more talent on the undefeated teams in the AFC.

Green Bay and Dallas are the 2 undefeateds in the NFC... ....

Indy and New England are the other 2 undefeateds. Both teams have won the Superbowl at least once in the past 3 season, so its pretty obvious who has more talent.

History wise, i would have to say the eventual winner come out of the AFC again, but you never really know.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                • Jul 2002

As much as I hate to agree with you....

The Pats and Cowboys have been doing EXACTLY what good teams should do...
                When you play teams with a losing record, you should hammer them. That is exactly what the Pats and Cowboys have been doing. They don't play down to the level of their opponent.

Can't talk trash when you're a losing team going up against them, looking at their performance...

Comment

• Dcowboys#1
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by SABURZFAN

hahaha, yeah..... start praying, lol

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

Who cares about last season, its an entire new season now, and its clear right now who the class of the NFC is, and who its being led by......

oh, and yeah there is more talent on the undefeated teams in the AFC.

Green Bay and Dallas are the 2 undefeateds in the NFC... ....

Indy and New England are the other 2 undefeateds. Both teams have won the Superbowl at least once in the past 3 season, so its pretty obvious who has more talent.

History wise, i would have to say the eventual winner come out of the AFC again, but you never really know.
                    Nice post, all valid.

Comment

• Dcowboys#1
                      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Skooby
                      Nice post, all valid.
                      Hey, i didnt really get to see any of Trent Edwards performance this past weekend, fill me in a little bit. I have heard that he had an outstanding performance, and i saw his stats were like 22/28 for 234 yds 1 TD and 1 INT. Which shows he is very accurate, but i just want to know more about him, and his performance than just stats, can you tell me more about this kid.....

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

Hey, i didnt really get to see any of Trent Edwards performance this past weekend, fill me in a little bit. I have heard that he had an outstanding performance, and i saw his stats were like 22/28 for 234 yds 1 TD and 1 INT. Which shows he is very accurate, but i just want to know more about him, and his performance than just stats, can you tell me more about this kid.....
                        His numbers may be a bit inflated by the lack of NYJ pass rush and the soft zone they were playing. However, Edwards was certainly exploiting that. He looked poised, had good pocket awareness, fit a couple of passes into tight spots and simply has a better feel for the intermediate and short game than JP has ever displayed. I think that he will find a pressure defense like the Cowboys' D will uncover his rookie rawness. It looks like he has the football intelligence to fight through it, though, and take his lumps like a pro. We'll see next Monday.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Believe it or not, he had 5 dropped balls that we're in the reciever's hands and on one pass the receiver never went to fight for the ball and it got INT, although that reciever made up for it later in the game with a circus catch.

Edwards is a proto-typical pocket passer with a quick release, deadly accuracy and he's always looking upfield. His pressure is coming skills need some work but a few of those we're blown assignments, so it's a wash.

He didn't play as well against NE but he did not have the luxury of being the starting QB and practicing all week either, I might not of mattered against NE anyway. Anyway this kid is playing for a starting spot in front of a national audience and regardless of the I feel so fortunate attitude, he wants to play right now.

Goodluck to your team especially against the rest of our division, kick ass and take names.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

I have a question for my fellow Bills fans. Do you goto other teams message boards and act all cocky?

Comment

• Dcowboys#1
                              • Sep 2007

Originally posted by andyxc71
                              His numbers may be a bit inflated by the lack of NYJ pass rush and the soft zone they were playing. However, Edwards was certainly exploiting that. He looked poised, had good pocket awareness, fit a couple of passes into tight spots and simply has a better feel for the intermediate and short game than JP has ever displayed. I think that he will find a pressure defense like the Cowboys' D will uncover his rookie rawness. It looks like he has the football intelligence to fight through it, though, and take his lumps like a pro. We'll see next Monday.

wow, thanks man, sounds like he is pretty talented.... so there was little to no pass rush on him?

It'll be interesting to see how he handles pressure situations when Dallas brings the heat Monday Night. We have been getting great quarterback pressure as of late.

Comment

Working...
                              X