It's MNF and I expect some players to show up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

It's MNF and I expect some players to show up!!

It's primetime so I expect some "star" players to prove it. Spikes was a joke during primetime games so who now is a "talker" like Spikes and who is a "player"?

I believe that Edwards will define his career in this game. I actually expect him to play like a "star" and he's not even one yet. I expect our O-line to have the best game of the year. Teams that we have played are telling the media that our line is pretty good. I've been hearing it on Sirrius as well and Randy Cross thinks that our line can handle the Dallas D. I also expect Lynch to have a great game as well.

Now to the goats. I think our D is going to get roasted. If Dallas didn't watch the New England tape, they better. This team has no pass rush and will hurt a secondary that has to have our SS play FS. I beleive that McGee is going to get picked on all night. Which leaves me with Schobel. I think this is a career defining game for him. He's the highest paid player in Bills history playing on Monday night. All I'm going to say is "good luck."
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: It's MNF and I expect some players to show up!!

you expect Edwards to play like a star? So if it doesn't happen you'll be starting a start Nall thread?

In case you missed it guys like Rivers, Lienert and Brees are struggling. Rivers has been here as long as JP and Brees even longer and yet you expect a rookie to excell against Dallas.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

I hope nothing happens to Mooreman, cuz I wouldn't want Edwards to hold the ball for Lindell.

/sarcasm
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• gil
        • Mar 2005

I just really hope they play well and sneak out a victory - I know way too many Dallas fans to hear them talk smack all week.

And, I don't know that any rookie making his second start can have what you call a "career defining" game, but I'll say this is a season-defining game - for everyone.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

I call it a tie breaker for him. He lost against a good team, won against a crap team. Next up..win against a good team.
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

If we win this game, the season is officially meaningful.

Comment

• Oaf
              Do you read what you write?
              • Jun 2007

I can see our O playing well and putting up 20 points, but I just can't see our D matching up to the high powered Cowboys and holding them down to less than that. Our weak front 7 will be our downfall IMO, but if somehow they do...

Playoffs, baby!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by raphael120
                In a nutshell.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                  Defies all logic
                  • Oct 2006

I would like Crowell to step up and to truly become a leader on this team. Other names I'd like to see step up on prime time are: Lynch, Edwards, Evans, Greer, McCargo and Schobel. These are all players with star potential written all over them.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    you expect Edwards to play like a star? So if it doesn't happen you'll be starting a start Nall thread?

In case you missed it guys like Rivers, Lienert and Brees are struggling. Rivers has been here as long as JP and Brees even longer and yet you expect a rookie to excell against Dallas.
                    IMO. It's just my opinion.

I really could care less who's struggling and who isn't. None of those guys play for the Bills.

Comment

• deepslant
                      • May 2007

Let be realistic for a change.

TE has had 1.5 weeks with the first team, not years, to get ready for this game. TE is a rookie not a seasoned journeyman or veteran.

The playbook is still limited per DJ and will only expand with time but is there enough in the arsenal to handle this test? This is a rookie on MNF with 1.5 weeks experience with a pissed off coach on the other side line.

TE has poise, confidence, and "calmness" but his blood pressure will be thru the roof on Monday night.

Don't expect a miracle as the kid is just learning. The D needs to hold them to 21 and probably get two turnovers on there side of the field for our Bills to have a chance. Marshawn need 27 carries and 120 yds. Is that going to happen?

Let's be realistic.
                      *********The Kid**********

Comment

• Whaler53
                        • Sep 2007

I fully expect the Bills to come out and play very hard. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they came out of MNF with a W.
                        The Cowpokes have been playing good ball, they expect to come in and walk all over the Bills, and the Bills have everything in the world to gain. Its a classic trap game, and I wouldn't not be surprised if the Bills pulled it out in the end, or at the very least play the Cowpokes much closer than people think. Should be a good game

Comment

• The Answer
                          The Plagiarist
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by raphael120
                          We could very well get hot if we win this game - especially considering the schedule ahead after the bye:

Baltimore - not the same team from last year, look old and slow on defense and their offense is struggling (any coincidence adding mcgahee?)

@ NY - have won 2 in a row against them and The Young Gun sliced them up already.

Cincy - could possibly be more banged up than us on defense, look for a shootout.

@ MIA - should be a laugher, Beck will probably be starting.

NE - arguably the most difficult game left on schedule, could The Young Gun become a giant killer in this one?

Not going to go any further - but we very well could win 4 of the next 5 if we beat the cowboys, which would mean we'd be 6 - 4 going into the stretch run. Even if we are 5 -5 we will have a chance (2001 pats were 5 - 5 before running the table).

~The Answer

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                            Roways rooking ahread!
                            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by The Answer
                            We could very well get hot if we win this game - especially considering the schedule ahead after the bye:

Baltimore - not the same team from last year, look old and slow on defense and their offense is struggling (any coincidence adding mcgahee?)

@ NY - have won 2 in a row against them and The Young Gun sliced them up already.

Cincy - could possibly be more banged up than us on defense, look for a shootout.

@ MIA - should be a laugher, Beck will probably be starting.

NE - arguably the most difficult game left on schedule, could The Young Gun become a giant killer in this one?

Not going to go any further - but we very well could win 4 of the next 5 if we beat the cowboys, which would mean we'd be 6 - 4 going into the stretch run. Even if we are 5 -5 we will have a chance (2001 pats were 5 - 5 before running the table).

~The Answer
                            Valid look ahead.

Comment

• JDSmith
                              • Oct 2007

As a Cowboys fan I expect some of our star players to show up as well. I have read some articles saying that because it's MNF the home crowd will be especially pumped up and that will help the Bills. And it might, in the beginning of the game. But IMO the Bills would have a better chance if this game was not on MNF. Because there are a lot of players on the Cowboys who will want to showcase themselves on MNF as well. I think the thing that prevents this from being a classic trap game is that it's on Monday night. Had this been on a Sunday afternoon I think the Cowboys could easily have been caught looking forward to NE, but I don't think that's going to happen on the national stage. Big players play big on MNF, and I expect a lot of the Cowboys stars to do exactly that.

Comment

Working...
                              X